+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving out of the nominated province

angel1719

Oct 25, 2015
Hi All

I have a question regarding moving out the province that you were nominated. I am sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find anything exactly relevant.

So we did our 1st time landing at Toronto (ONIP) in Aug 2018, now its been almost 1.5 years. My husband has been staying in this province since then. (I am the primary applicant) I had gone back to my home country after soft landing and came back to Ontario in June 2019. Now I am planning to apply for job in Alberta.

Note that my husband hasn't got a job since past 1.5 years he was in Ontario. So may be by this move he may open up doors to opportunities in another province.

Is it ok to move out of Ontario, as technically we have spent 1.5 years since 1st landing (though physically i was away from Sep 2018 to Jun 2019)?

I vaguely remember that if we are province nominated we have to spend minimum 2 years in that province or prove that we tried our best to settle in but couldn't find any good job that's why moved out? But not sure I can't find any details on CIC website.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated

thank you