+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Most favourable PNP for accountants, but without a job offer

Auss2Can

Nov 28, 2023
** Not here for cross posting but I guess I posted in the wrong section before**

Hello All

I am an enthusiast for moving to Canada through FSW pathway. I was born in India in 1984. I completed B.Com (2006) from University of Delhi in India. Received my ECA from WES in 2021 which equates my B.Com to Bachelor's degree (three years) in Canada. In addition to this I have Cost Accounting degree (certification?) (2009) from ICMAI (erstwhile, Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India) and Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting (2010) from Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, UK which I achieved through a special entry gateway through mutual recognition. I sat for one exam and passed it, landing me straight to Adv. Dipl. Management Accounting, CIMA.

I was an Associate member of ICMAI until recently but let my membership lapse this year because I had no use for it.

I moved to Australia about a decade ago and I have been a citizen of Australia for a few years now. My family situation has now changed as my brother is about to become eligible for Canadian citizenship and my parents recently moved to Canada on a Super Visa sposored by my brother.

I have a desire to reunite with my family so I am contemplating moving to Canada permanently at the age of almost 40. I have never been married. I did see a few rounds of invitation in the past that were as low as in 300s but I guess that party is long over now.

On that note, my points breakdown is as folows:

Factor - Points
Language - 24 (L-8, R-7, W-7, S-7, expected, see below*)
Education - 21 (Bachelor's Degree)
Experience - 15 (6 years or more in 111000 - Financial Auditors and Accountants)
Age - 7 (at 40 years old in March 2024)
Adaptability - 5 (brother related by blood in Canada on PR, eligible for citizenship in December 2023)
Total - 72 points

*Past IELTS score L-8, R-8, W-7.5, S-7.5 my IELTS Academic from 10 year ago for Australian PR

Points conversion to CRS will be about 384 - 396 depending on IELTS score.

Is there any 'Accountant' favouring PNP that will be open to someone like me? Without a job offer?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks for reading through this long-winded write-up.

Regards

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
** Not here for cross posting but I guess I posted in the wrong section before**

Hello All

I am an enthusiast for moving to Canada through FSW pathway. I was born in India in 1984. I completed B.Com (2006) from University of Delhi in India. Received my ECA from WES in 2021 which equates my B.Com to Bachelor's degree (three years) in Canada. In addition to this I have Cost Accounting degree (certification?) (2009) from ICMAI (erstwhile, Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India) and Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting (2010) from Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, UK which I achieved through a special entry gateway through mutual recognition. I sat for one exam and passed it, landing me straight to Adv. Dipl. Management Accounting, CIMA.

I was an Associate member of ICMAI until recently but let my membership lapse this year because I had no use for it.

I moved to Australia about a decade ago and I have been a citizen of Australia for a few years now. My family situation has now changed as my brother is about to become eligible for Canadian citizenship and my parents recently moved to Canada on a Super Visa sposored by my brother.

I have a desire to reunite with my family so I am contemplating moving to Canada permanently at the age of almost 40. I have never been married. I did see a few rounds of invitation in the past that were as low as in 300s but I guess that party is long over now.

On that note, my points breakdown is as folows:

Factor - Points
Language - 24 (L-8, R-7, W-7, S-7, expected, see below*)
Education - 21 (Bachelor's Degree)
Experience - 15 (6 years or more in 111000 - Financial Auditors and Accountants)
Age - 7 (at 40 years old in March 2024)
Adaptability - 5 (brother related by blood in Canada on PR, eligible for citizenship in December 2023)
Total - 72 points

*Past IELTS score L-8, R-8, W-7.5, S-7.5 my IELTS Academic from 10 year ago for Australian PR

Points conversion to CRS will be about 384 - 396 depending on IELTS score.

Is there any 'Accountant' favouring PNP that will be open to someone like me? Without a job offer?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks for reading through this long-winded write-up.

Regards
Your score is too low for Express Entry. Learn French and see if you can boost it by at least 100 points. PNPs are not an option unless you get a job offer. Saskatchewan has the NOC on their ineligible list. What province is your brother living in? FYI- your parents are on a supervisa so are on a visitor visa.

Last edited:

Auss2Can

Nov 28, 2023
I tried to calculate my total score using the CRS calculator on the IRCC website with different scores in TCF. It seems the minumum scores to get any French language points will be

Speaking - 10-11
LIstening - 458-502
Reading - 453-498
Writing - 10-11

(The above gives me 62 points on CRS for French)

This seems to be above 50% of the highest mark one can score in each competency. I wonder if it would require any less than 1-2 years of study of the french language, perhaps, that too full time?

I did study French at Alliance Francaise back in 2012-13 for about 13 months along with a fulltime job and could only pass DELF A2 level.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I tried to calculate my total score using the CRS calculator on the IRCC website with different scores in TCF. It seems the minumum scores to get any French language points will be

Speaking - 10-11
LIstening - 458-502
Reading - 453-498
Writing - 10-11

(The above gives me 62 points on CRS for French)

This seems to be above 50% of the highest mark one can score in each competency. I wonder if it would require any less than 1-2 years of study of the french language, perhaps, that too full time?

I did study French at Alliance Francaise back in 2012-13 for about 13 months along with a fulltime job and could only pass DELF A2 level.
You want a minimum of B2 so you have to figure out how long it will take.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Most definitely a minimum of 2 years of dedicated learning. I am not sure if I can wait that long.

Thanks for your inputs though!
NOCs for PNP are always changing. In general accounting is not a field of study in need in Canada like other professions like nursing for example. The fact that Canada is in recession, even it hasn’t been declared, means that many of the large financial employers are not hiring and many are laying off employees which will impact the demand for accountants and could impact what NOCs get selected going forward. Given Canada’s need and focus on building more housing NOCs for trades people are likely to NOCs that will be part of many PNP draws and so will many types of healthcare workers given the state or healthcare. NOC for accountants are much more sensitive to changes in the economy and there are already a leave number of accountant immigrating via other routes. It would be difficult to anticipate whether NOC for accountants will be part of future draws based on draws in the past few years. You CRS also means that if accountants are part of the NOCs who are part of PNP you would still have difficulty getting selected based on your CRS score. Do you work for an employer with offices in Canada? An internal transfer would be your best option to get to Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Most definitely a minimum of 2 years of dedicated learning. I am not sure if I can wait that long.

Thanks for your inputs though!
FYI - There are a number of people on this forum who have gone from not knowing French at all to B2 level French in 8 months.

Khushigupta

Jul 9, 2024
NOCs for PNP are always changing. In general accounting is not a field of study in need in Canada like other professions like nursing for example. The fact that Canada is in recession, even it hasn’t been declared, means that many of the large financial employers are not hiring and many are laying off employees which will impact the demand for accountants and could impact what NOCs get selected going forward. Given Canada’s need and focus on building more housing NOCs for trades people are likely to NOCs that will be part of many PNP draws and so will many types of healthcare workers given the state or healthcare. NOC for accountants are much more sensitive to changes in the economy and there are already a leave number of accountant immigrating via other routes. It would be difficult to anticipate whether NOC for accountants will be part of future draws based on draws in the past few years. You CRS also means that if accountants are part of the NOCs who are part of PNP you would still have difficulty getting selected based on your CRS score. Do you work for an employer with offices in Canada? An internal transfer would be your best option to get to Canada.

Hi,

My score in federal is 464 (exhausted all points of canadian education as well as IELTS) I have a job offer from Ontario, wondering if that can help me for PR. Noc code is category A (Accountant or Financial Analyst). JUst wondering when did the last draw for accountants came...is there any probability of any draws. Read your response, it was really enlightening form an immigrant's perspective.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

My score in federal is 464 (exhausted all points of canadian education as well as IELTS) I have a job offer from Ontario, wondering if that can help me for PR. Noc code is category A (Accountant or Financial Analyst). JUst wondering when did the last draw for accountants came...is there any probability of any draws. Read your response, it was really enlightening form an immigrant's perspective.
Are you on a closed work permit and/or do you have an approved LMIA?

Khushigupta

Jul 9, 2024
Hi,

I am on open work permit until sep 2026 coz i did master in canada from BC.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am on open work permit until sep 2026 coz i did master in canada from BC.
Suggest you start studying French now. This will boost your points (assuming you take the language test) and open up other immigration programs to you.

Is your employer willing to support an Ontario nomination and complete all of the employer forms? Have you had that conversation with them yet?

Reactions: Naturgrl