+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moral Support/Advice-Husbands paperwork still hasnt arrived- Italian Post SUCKS!

Connie77

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
Hello,

I am soo out of sorts, this morning I called the Italian Post Office to track my husbands sponsorship package, and they informed me that the package left Italy on September 21st and still has not arrived in Canada........ she then told me that they cant do anything until 20 business days have passed...... thats October 18th!!!!!!!!!!!!
I emailed the Canadian Embassy in Rome to see if they can check Mississauga office incase the Post is incorrect (wishful thinking)
Is this normal, do you think its lost............I think about that package, it was a year in the making, photos, original marriage certificate, translated documents that cost sooo much and that medical exam that cost even more...... I am soo worried because my family is due to leave for Canada on December 14th, I was going to have my husband come to watch the children while I settle our family and find work etc...now what will our timelines be, especailly if we have to redo everything!!!!

Please help me, any information or advice wil be greatly appreciated!!!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Connie77 said:
Hello,

I am soo out of sorts, this morning I called the Italian Post Office to track my husbands sponsorship package, and they informed me that the package left Italy on September 21st and still has not arrived in Canada........ she then told me that they cant do anything until 20 business days have passed...... thats October 18th!!!!!!!!!!!!
I emailed the Canadian Embassy in Rome to see if they can check Mississauga office incase the Post is incorrect (wishful thinking)
Is this normal, do you think its lost............I think about that package, it was a year in the making, photos, original marriage certificate, translated documents that cost sooo much and that medical exam that cost even more...... I am soo worried because my family is due to leave for Canada on December 14th, I was going to have my husband come to watch the children while I settle our family and find work etc...now what will our timelines be, especailly if we have to redo everything!!!!

Please help me, any information or advice wil be greatly appreciated!!!
Hey Connie77,

I hope the package arrives soon. Italian post is definitely not the fastest and most reliable, so it might take a little time, but it will still probably make it (I lived in Italy for 4 years, so I understand the frustration!). Packages from Europe (anywhere in Europe) can take 10 to 15 days to Canada, so if you sent yours to Italy, it might indeed take a little longer, but I would not give up just now...

Have you tried checking on the Canada Post website? Because for international post, the website of the country of origin can only track it until it exits the country. Then it's up to the receiving country to do the follow up. I had the same when sending my application. So try entering the reference given by the italian post on the Canada Post website, and you might get more details. I could see for my application where in Canada it entered, and where it was, so it was quite useful, I hope you will get all the information soon!

Unfortunately I don't think the Rome Embassy will be very helpful so I hope that it is not lost. CIC mississauga has started sending AORs a little more regularly so you might get lucky and receive one.

For your timeline - well as your husband is from a visa exempt country he can always come as a visitor. Keep a copy of your application, and at the border you can show that you have applied, and ask for a "long" visitor visa for your husband.

Hopefully though, by then the package will have been received, but you might not have any news, or sponsorship approval for stage 1, as it currently takes 69 days... Rome Vo is not a fast one, but some cases recently went through in less than 2 months instead of the 12 on the website, so there is hope!

Good luck,
Sweden

Connie77

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
Hi Sweden,

Thank You for your reply. I really appreciated it because it had put me at ease. I checked Canada Post website and wouldnt you know it, it was delivered successfullyy...now the long wait begins!!!
I will keep my fingers crossed, but I am realistic:):)
Thanks Again!!!