+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Yes, it will be nice to get numbers. From what i have heard: Montreal/Quebec folks are not very welcoming compared to rest of Canada specially if they dont speak French. So most likely they dont care about federal cases, hence the slowness. Wonder what percentage of cases from US go to Montreal too. We might be the unlucky 5% :(
This made me think. So this is a rough back of the envelop calculation. I have taken data for April as the base for %ages.

As per immitracker 35% candidates are either based in USA or Canada (basically adding up FSW O based in US + FSW I + PNP I + CEC etc.)

Now, let's say there are 6000 AORs per month so US + Canada candidates are approx 2112.

Let's say there are only three visa officer (Ottawa + NS + Montreal) ... I think there are a few more but lets say just three.

I think Ottawa handles say 70% of workload. NS 20% I think even by then at least 10% applications are in Montreal. That is 210 files per month. We have only listed 12/13 cases max for any month (April and June). We definitely have many more candidates out there.

Let's assume Montreal has cleared everything till March AOR and their %age of clearance is what we have in our sample. So their %age for April is 3/13 = 23%. So still 162 candidates more Just for April and 210 more May.

Just to reach June candidates they need to process at least 370 more applications.

How many do you think they process in one day? Take your guess and see their timelines.

I think they do bulk processing. I think if that is true we should see bulk processing for April soon!!

Also, this number doesn't look daunting to me. So I think their main focus is on Quebec immigration and that number may be high!

Y@$h

Nov 13, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
Med's Done....
04-06-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
25-09-2020
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
HELP!!

Just received my 104-page notes, which page# to focus on?

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
This made me think. So this is a rough back of the envelop calculation. I have taken data for April as the base for %ages.

As per immitracker 35% candidates are either based in USA or Canada (basically adding up FSW O based in US + FSW I + PNP I + CEC etc.)

Now, let's say there are 6000 AORs per month so US + Canada candidates are approx 2112.

Let's say there are only three visa officer (Ottawa + NS + Montreal) ... I think there are a few more but lets say just three.

I think Ottawa handles say 70% of workload. NS 20% I think even by then at least 10% applications are in Montreal. That is 210 files per month. We have only listed 12/13 cases max for any month (April and June). We definitely have many more candidates out there.

Let's assume Montreal has cleared everything till March AOR and their %age of clearance is what we have in our sample. So their %age for April is 3/13 = 23%. So still 162 candidates more Just for April and 210 more May.

Just to reach June candidates they need to process at least 370 more applications.

How many do you think they process in one day? Take your guess and see their timelines.

I think they do bulk processing. I think if that is true we should see bulk processing for April soon!!

Also, this number doesn't look daunting to me. So I think their main focus is on Quebec immigration and that number may be high!
All that went over my head haha. I will just patiently wait instead of the comicated calculation :) . I have no idea how much they do in a day. If it's a guess I would say about 5 a day

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
All that went over my head haha. I will just patiently wait instead of the comicated calculation :) . I have no idea how much they do in a day. If it's a guess I would say about 5 a day
ha ha ha ignore it. Just to say %ages of applications may be much more than 5% of candidates. And also if they don't give PPRs in bulk in coming weeks we may be looking at significant delays in future.

Rijo02

May 2, 2018

@cansha you have not stopped amusing me! Nice analysis though........thumps up. I can agree with you. Montreal doesn't give much attention to Federal demands. I think they are just struggling to fulfill the assigned duties. Lets all hope for the best

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
@cansha you have not stopped amusing me! Nice analysis though........thumps up. I can agree with you. Montreal doesn't give much attention to Federal demands. I think they are just struggling to fulfill the assigned duties. Lets all hope for the best
Ha ha my purpose is to please!

Y@$h

Nov 13, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
Med's Done....
04-06-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
25-09-2020
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
Recommended passed
Medical passed
Infosharing complete
Sent to Montreal for work load redistribution
No comments for review required

Nothing else makes too much sense otherwise. Anything in particular which I should look for?

Reactions: cansha and Rijo02

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Recommended passed
Medical passed
Infosharing complete

Nothing else makes too much sense otherwise. Anything in particular which I should look for?
Was your eligibility done at CIO or at Montreal? When was your file transferred to Montreal?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Recommended passed
Medical passed
Infosharing complete

Your notes look good. Nothing to worry. Check when file moved to Montreal and the date your recommendation was recommended passed.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
ha ha ha ignore it. Just to say %ages of applications may be much more than 5% of candidates. And also if they don't give PPRs in bulk in coming weeks we may be looking at significant delays in future.
I think/hope if it gets bad they will probably transfer it back to another VO. I think that has happened before where the file was transferred and retransferred

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I think/hope if it gets bad they will probably transfer it back to another VO. I think that has happened before where the file was transferred and retransferred
We should know soon enough. I’m taking movement on April files as an indication how well they are moving.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
We should know soon enough. I’m taking movement on April files as an indication how well they are moving.
Makes sense. You know if my Canada pr would have moved fast I would take a different contractinposition here for a while although I want to move to Canada soon I want to save the big dollar :) . With h1 rfes I can't take that risk anymore. What is your scenario?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Makes sense. You know if my Canada pr would have moved fast I would take a different contractinposition here for a while although I want to move to Canada soon I want to save the big dollar :) . With h1 rfes I can't take that risk anymore. What is your scenario?
Everyone of us wanted ppr soon man. My situation is very similar to yours.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Everyone of us wanted ppr soon man. My situation is very similar to yours.
Yea man, Hope it works out soon for all of us .if US implements merit based they will dock points for age, marriage and working in area other than what one did education is. So most don't realize how dire it will turn..