+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Money transfer to India

abhijitc88

Jul 9, 2018
Hi everyone! I had a query regarding transfer of money from Canada to India. What kind of account do you need in this case? And what are the taxes that the Indian government would charge me?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hi everyone! I had a query regarding transfer of money from Canada to India. What kind of account do you need in this case? And what are the taxes that the Indian government would charge me?
1. Standard checking account will work.
2. Depends on the nature of the transfer and whether you've already paid taxes on the money in Canada. In general, if you've already paid taxes on the money here and are transferring to your own account, you don't need to pay taxes again. However, international taxation can get complicated if your source of funds isn't clear, or you're transferring money to someone else.

saurabh2326

Star Member
Apr 30, 2020
Try opening a NRE account if you plan to send money on regular basis. You can do that online with banks like HDFC, ICICI...they are very good.

Once you have account open, Transferwise is one of the best websites to transfer money to india. Hope this helps

ionbhattacharya

Jun 15, 2020
Try opening a NRE account if you plan to send money on regular basis. You can do that online with banks like HDFC, ICICI...they are very good.

Once you have account open, Transferwise is one of the best websites to transfer money to india. Hope this helps
Just contact your Canada bank and ask for International wire transfer options. It usually takes 3 business days and you can do everything from your mobile bank app.