+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**MISSISSAUGA PROCESSING** - Outland Spousal Applicants

revenant

Dec 21, 2017
Since getting DM, I've been racking my brain trying to understand why some applications are so speedy and others wait and wait (even through Mississauga). I don't have a definite answer, but I think using the new forms and submitting everything up front helped. I wonder though-- similar to you we don't have joint accounts and I was worried about proof of relationship, so we submitted ~10 really nice letters from our friends and family. Maybe that helped speed things up, or maybe just dumb luck?

Keeping my fingers crossed for all those applicants still waiting from early 2018.

It is all about LUCK - nothing to do with the new checklist.
Sometime an officer picks up an application and STICKS to it till the DM hence the short wait. However, other officers pick up random applications and deal with so many applications at the same time, hence the long wait.

Plus if the application is straight forward the officer will stick to it till the final stage which is DM.

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
It is all about LUCK - nothing to do with the new checklist.
My luck has it that I have one of the slow visa officers who is probably on vacation right now.

Seriously though, I do believe the new checklist and the requirement for upfront submission of PCC and ScheduleA has cut down some aspects of the processing time. At the very least it cuts back on one 30-day waiting period at the beginning of the process in which the applications just sit and collect dust before they're looked at again by an officer.

waiting10yrs

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
My luck has it that I have one of the slow visa officers who is probably on vacation right now.

Seriously though, I do believe the new checklist and the requirement for upfront submission of PCC and ScheduleA has cut down some aspects of the processing time. At the very least it cuts back on one 30-day waiting period at the beginning of the process in which the applications just sit and collect dust before they're looked at again by an officer.
I agree, I think we are dealing with similar. We might be delayed as well because we didn't pay the $490 upfront, used the old forms, my background and the fact we got background check started later than others because we took 25 days to send Schedule A after they requested it.

revenant

Dec 21, 2017

Dear friend,

You need to be positive :)

I totally agree with you on the Schedule A and PCC since for some countries take at least 3 month to get the PCC.

I remember the applicant used to submit Medical upfront, and if I am right IRCC don't ask for upfront medical anymore as the process could take longer than 12 month and the medical may expire.

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
I agree, I think we are dealing with similar. We might be delayed as well because we didn't pay the $490 upfront, used the old forms, my background and the fact we got background check started later than others because we took 25 days to send Schedule A after they requested it.
We also didn't pay the RPRF right away, and I had to re-submit my schedule A because it was initially rejected. That delayed things by about 3 weeks but the rest all seemed to follow a normal timeline. I did submit my PCCs upfront though.

Dear friend,

You need to be positive :)

I totally agree with you on the Schedule A and PCC since for some countries take at least 3 month to get the PCC.

I remember the applicant used to submit Medical upfront, and if I am right IRCC don't ask for upfront medical anymore as the process could take longer than 12 month and the medical may expire.
I'm positively a ray of sunshine at the moment, haha.

I'm impatient and had hoped that we would be done with the process by now, but trying not to complain too much because the application is still only 5½ months in.

Medicals used to be upfront but I believe this was due to the fact that the results had to be submitted via a physical form and not submitted electronically, so it was more efficient to do it upfront.

waiting10yrs

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
We also didn't pay the RPRF right away, and I had to re-submit my schedule A because it was initially rejected. That delayed things by about 3 weeks but the rest all seemed to follow a normal timeline. I did submit my PCCs upfront though.

I'm positively a ray of sunshine at the moment, haha.

I'm impatient and had hoped that we would be done with the process by now, but trying not to complain too much because the application is still only 5½ months in.

Medicals used to be upfront but I believe this was due to the fact that the results had to be submitted via a physical form and not submitted electronically, so it was more efficient to do it upfront.
Yes, but what I am reading is any delay can cause the file to be slowed. It can be seen as well on the spreadsheet. That anyone who had a delay got dm later than the ones who had everything process normally. We are not sure why we haven't got the request to pay, but we are paying it tomorrow regardless.

Jan 15, 2018
My husband who I am sponsoring received a letter from CIC for information regarding his mandatory military service. We have had the documents translated and in addition, he has written an explanation letter on why he was invalided out (discharged due to injury). Is it best to upload the documents using the IRCC Webform, or the GCKey link? Also, we had discovered 2 additional Visitor Extension forms that we did not include with our application. This means that the dates we noted he was in Canada are incorrect, should we include this revised information along with the military info they requested? I hope all this does not delay our application process.

mrs.ben nafla

May 21, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Starting a thread for the many of us who have been notified our applications will be fully processed at CPC-Mississauga to post updates and ask questions.[/QUOT
Starting a thread for the many of us who have been notified our applications will be fully processed at CPC-Mississauga to post updates and ask questions.
Starting a thread for the many of us who have been notified our applications will be fully processed at CPC-Mississauga to post updates and ask questions.
I want to ask how to check this online . My appeal was allowed and was

Snowman1308

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
My husband who I am sponsoring received a letter from CIC for information regarding his mandatory military service. We have had the documents translated and in addition, he has written an explanation letter on why he was invalided out (discharged due to injury). Is it best to upload the documents using the IRCC Webform, or the GCKey link? Also, we had discovered 2 additional Visitor Extension forms that we did not include with our application. This means that the dates we noted he was in Canada are incorrect, should we include this revised information along with the military info they requested? I hope all this does not delay our application process.
In what country did PA do military service?
I have a military background too but I am surprised they haven't asked for documentation, yet.

hatem1981

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
12-09-2017
can't you just link the app to your account? I believe that's what we did. I'm the PA and we linked it to the sponsor account.
I dont know, havent tried, but it seems working for ppl . I dont know why they say dont , I would try it