+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

Suryarao611

Sep 23, 2020
Hi All, thanks for the complete support on this forum, my citizenship journey ended today. But I'll be lingering in this forum for In-laws Visitor/super visa. My updates - Check signature and things to expect in Mississauga in-person ceremony

In-Person Ceremony - Mississauga
1. Park you car behind the building and take a ticket for only 3hrs. My ceremony was at 8:15 AM, reached at 7:50 AM and out by 10:40 AM.
2. If you think extra hours are required, you'll have 15-20 break after document verification to extend your parking and for washrooms
3. Your seat numbers are specified in your notice, bottom right corner
4. Take any provincial or federal ID, including health cards. Foreign passports were not treated as IDs
5. Actual ceremony started after an hour but be on time.
6. whole ceremony was completed within 2hrs 30 Mins, which includes photo session with judge
7. You can take one guest, and no ID was expected from them. If there are more seats available, you can have more than 1 guest. There is a TV which broadcasts the ceremony
8. Last but not least enjoy the ceremony and feel the Canadian flag. I was bit emotional when I was taking the oath.

Happy to help with your queries.

Reactions: Debby25

Lianop

Apr 10, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I had my test done on the 22nd of January and got a ghost update on the 23rd of January but my test is still in progress and every other thing. Is there something I can do please?

Debby25

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I had my test done on the 22nd of January and got a ghost update on the 23rd of January but my test is still in progress and every other thing. Is there something I can do please?
Since it’s been less than a month, I don’t think it’s concerning and I would just wait. If you call IRCC they are going to tell you the same thing.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
For those who have done the in-person oath ceremony already, do they take away your foreign passport or just look at it?
Canada allows dual citizenship so they would never take away our other passport, that is between you and the other country.

Help2

Nov 16, 2020
Hey guys .. quick question. This is now week 10 since my LPP completed and no update. I just received my second set of GCMS notes. No change but the location. It was Grant DF at first and now it changed to Grant. Does that ring a bell or mean anything ? Thanks

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
Hey guys .. quick question. This is now week 10 since my LPP completed and no update. I just received my second set of GCMS notes. No change but the location. It was Grant DF at first and now it changed to Grant. Does that ring a bell or mean anything ? Thanks
do you have something like s.17, s.21, s.22 or something similar at the top right corner of that page? It could still be Grant DF but they might have redacted/erased DF.

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
Yeah the regular s.22(b)(1)
do you see anything else redacted on that page? If not, it's probably Grant [SOMETHING REDACTED/ERASED], but if you spot something else redacted/erased, then maybe it is just Grant but I've never seen just "Grant," so I don't know unfortunately.