Background Check Completed: October 31, 2019
Citizenship Test Invite: February 14, 2020
Citizenship Test Completed: March 07, 2020
Prohibitions Completed: March 07, 2020
Language Skills Completed: March 07, 2020
Interview Completed: March 07, 2020
Physical Presence Completed: June 30, 2022
Decision Made (ECAS): July 18, 2022
Status on tracker: In Progress (Everything completed, Ceremony: Not Started)

The interview officer had asked me to submit FOIA from CBP to verify all my entry/exits to US as I have a US Permanent Residency too, and since I worked from home he doubted that I could be working from US and not staying in Canada. He asked me to submit last 5 years of bank statements, job records, rent agreements & receipts, employer records as well as tax records. I sent those on April 1, 2020 and had no update whatsoever since April 2020.

Have sent them over 50 emails so far, most of them were responded with an automated reply and nothing more. Have been in contact with my MP for almost a year now, and they finally got to DM early this month. Meanwhile, PR card has expired. PR Card renewal application was sent and delivered to them on June 03, 2022. But, they have lost the application. They haven't responded me to my question if I have to re-submit the application or they gonna try to find it since Canada Post shows it was delivered.

Not sure how long it will be more to get that email from them regarding decision.

It's been more than 3 years. I wish no one has to go though this.
Very similar case to mine except that my AOR was on mid 2019. History of self employed and travel during eligibility period. I submitted the laundry list (above) sometime in May 2020. Plenty of emails, ATIP, letters to MP/IRCC etc. Finally DM in Jan 2022. Oath in March.

Hang in there, the finish line is just round the corner.

AnonymousUser

Jul 23, 2022
Very similar case to mine except that my AOR was on mid 2019. History of self employed and travel during eligibility period. I submitted the laundry list (above) sometime in May 2020. Plenty of emails, ATIP, letters to MP/IRCC etc. Finally DM in Jan 2022. Oath in March.

Hang in there, the finish line is just round the corner.
Wow. Thanks, that helps a bit lol.

Did ATIP help? I submitted the request just yesterday as it's been over three weeks since my MP asked them the status, but they haven't replied yet.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Wow. Thanks, that helps a bit lol.

Did ATIP help? I submitted the request just yesterday as it's been over three weeks since my MP asked them the status, but they haven't replied yet.
I have no way of proving either way, but a couple of weeks after my last letter to my MP, I got the invite for oath. previously ignored by the MP as well. LOL.

namwbysbd

May 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-08-2014
Med's Request
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
25-09-2014
Passport Req..
09-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2015
Hi,
I submitted a copy of passport last Nov. and up to now there is no update. Is there anyone in the same situation?

UniqueCase

Jul 10, 2018
If I sent an email to Mississauga office requesting to process my file (it is stuck at DM since 6 months) will I get any response? Has anyone tried this before?

walid_Mississauga

Jun 8, 2020
Mississauga
Hi all,
My wife and kids recieved the invitation to Oath yesterday, I did not get any although we are all family application.
I am an applicant in Mississauga since Aug2019... I called CIC today and told me they will inform officer. I also emailed Mississauga office and replied to the test invite email.
My application still shows in process! My wife is DM since last year
Any one faced such an issue?Any advice?

Walid

Last edited:

AnonymousUser

Jul 23, 2022
Hi all,
My wife and kids recieved the invitation to Oath yesterday, I did not get any although we are all family application.
I am an applicant in Mississauga since Aug2019... I called CIC today and told me they will inform officer. I also emailed Mississauga office and replied to the test invite email.

Walid
When did you get Decision Made for all of you?

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
If I sent an email to Mississauga office requesting to process my file (it is stuck at DM since 6 months) will I get any response? Has anyone tried this before?
Are you awaiting Oath or awaiting DM? Either way, writing to the office doesn't hurt. They may decline your request, but it might get some attention.

walid_Mississauga

Jun 8, 2020
Mississauga
Probably why you didn't get the oath invitation.
I understand that for family application, all the family members should attend cermony together otherwise I should be informed first accordong to this

"After the test, you or a family member may be asked to:

re-write the written test; or
attend a hearing with a citizenship officer or a citizenship judge
If this happens, we may process the other family members’ applications separately. This process might mean that they will attend an earlier citizenship ceremony and become citizens faster than the one re-writing the test or attending the interview.

We will tell you before we process your family’s applications separately. We will also send you a form that you can use to ask us to process the applications together. If you want the applications processed together, we will pause the other family members’ applications until after the second test or interview." from https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=734&top=5

igg

Star Member
Dec 9, 2021
Visa Office......
Mississaga
Hi all,
My application still shows in process! My wife is DM since last year

Walid
Hi yes, same here, I and the kids had oath last week. My wife is still waiting for DM.
My DM was last Nov.