+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missed oath ceremony

jmomcc

Star Member
May 29, 2014
I'm such an idiot. I was checking my email every day but I let it slip and somehow missed my ceremony invite in the backlog. I just checked my email today and saw it, then saw that I had literally missed my ceremony by hours. I'm so gutted that I missed it.

I sent them an email reply and got an auto response. Should I follow that up after a certain amount of time? What kind of timeline am I looking at? I'm in vancouver.

Edit: also is my excuse good enough? I just told the truth that I somehow missed the email.

Last edited:

jmomcc

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Just as a follow up to this. Was my excuse sufficient?

I honestly just told the truth that I missed the email due to human error on my part. I would be incredibly gutted if they cancelled the entire application.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Just as a follow up to this. Was my excuse sufficient?

I honestly just told the truth that I missed the email due to human error on my part. I would be incredibly gutted if they cancelled the entire application.
They dont worry what the reason was as they reschedule for any reason as they dont deny on first couple of reschedules and they may hesitate after that or place the file on hold.
So you just need to wait for another date which may take days/weeks/months.

aldev23

Apr 19, 2022
Same thing happened to me (I'm in Vancouver too). Mine was supposed to be on April 8. I sent emails, no response. I finally talked to an agent, they confirmed that my emails were received, and was told to just wait. They couldn't give a new date. So I'm just waiting now...

jmomcc

Star Member
May 29, 2014
I thought I’d update this for anyone asking this question again.

I got a new date about 6 weeks after my first one.

The first thing I noticed was my tracker updated a few days after I sent the email. There wasn’t any note to say why it was updated but I presume it means that they saw my email and put me back in the queue for the ceremony.

Reactions: figaro2 and Anne_B

cmandy

Star Member
Mar 6, 2010
I thought I’d update this for anyone asking this question again.

I got a new date about 6 weeks after my first one.

The first thing I noticed was my tracker updated a few days after I sent the email. There wasn’t any note to say why it was updated but I presume it means that they saw my email and put me back in the queue for the ceremony.

cmandy

Star Member
Mar 6, 2010
Hi jmomcc quick question did they mention anything about missing the date when you attend the ceremony on the 2nd date they gave you?

cmandy

Star Member
Mar 6, 2010
Hi jmomcc quick question did they mention anything about missing the date when you attend the ceremony on the 2nd date they gave you?

cmandy

Star Member
Mar 6, 2010
Same thing happened to me (I'm in Vancouver too). Mine was supposed to be on April 8. I sent emails, no response. I finally talked to an agent, they confirmed that my emails were received, and was told to just wait. They couldn't give a new date. So I'm just waiting now...
Did you get a 2nd date as yet ?