+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Military service and RPRF

Raydam

Apr 23, 2024
AOR NOV 2021 Alberta PNP.
Received my RFV on 19 April 2024.it has been a long journey of 29 months.
From my experience,If the documentation is done properly then there may be some delay but decision will definitely be in your favour.
Thank you everyone for all the support.
All the best to all of you.Just don’t loose hope.
Congratulations DKalkhand, are you the one in the Nigerian Army?

Raydam

Apr 23, 2024
I was given an ADR for Records of Military Service on 23 Jan 2023 and I responded 27 Jan 2023. Since then I didn't get any Schedule A and have been stuck in Background Verfication. I am not the PA. It's been 7 months of wait and pain. Any suggestions, thanks Sir/Ma.
Hello, please has your application been completed? I’m trying to figure out the wait time for Nigerians under comprehensive security check

DKalkhand

May 9, 2022
I guess your BG timeline needs to be corrected .Is it Jan 2024 ?
My spouse BG took around 1.5 years.So IRCC does take lot of time.But I guess there is nothing to be worried about.
Be positive….

Bushra Toma

Star Member
May 29, 2022
Hi Dkalkhand. A big congratulations to you. Finally, you made it. I came to Canada as an international student in August 2021. My husband applied for sowp in March 2022 along with my daughters. Since then their application is stuck. In the meantime, IRCC requested for IMM 5546 on 5 October 22. He uploaded the document within the given timeframe of 1 month. Then a long waiting period started. In October 20, 2023 IRCC requested the same information in a different format (I guess it is schedule A by your previous conversation. It was an attachment to the IRCC email). This time IRCC gave only 14 days to upload the document. My husband uploaded in a week. After that pin drop silence till today. No progress in his application. Meanwhile, I finished my study in December 23 and applied for open work permit in January 24. I’m working with the provincial government’s healthcare sector which is a highly in demanding occupation in NL. I applied for PR in April along with my husband and daughters. After that I applied for my daughters in June and within three weeks their applications got approved. Still their first application along with my husband is still pending. We raised many webforms to update my status everytime it got changed. Last webform was uploaded to let IRCC know about my daughters visa approval. But seems like IRCC Singapore (our visa centre) is dead! No progress in my husband’s 2.5 years old application. I tried to contact MP but didn’t get any help. Applied for IRCC and CBSA GCMS notes two times, but no response. Now, I’m yet to get AOR anytime. I’m so frustrated seeing people’s never ending waiting for their application’s progress. I don’t know what to do next. Please let me know what else I can do to make the process at least running. Thank you for your patience to read my long post.

DKalkhand

May 9, 2022
Hi Dkalkhand. A big congratulations to you. Finally, you made it. I came to Canada as an international student in August 2021. My husband applied for sowp in March 2022 along with my daughters. Since then their application is stuck. In the meantime, IRCC requested for IMM 5546 on 5 October 22. He uploaded the document within the given timeframe of 1 month. Then a long waiting period started. In October 20, 2023 IRCC requested the same information in a different format (I guess it is schedule A by your previous conversation. It was an attachment to the IRCC email). This time IRCC gave only 14 days to upload the document. My husband uploaded in a week. After that pin drop silence till today. No progress in his application. Meanwhile, I finished my study in December 23 and applied for open work permit in January 24. I’m working with the provincial government’s healthcare sector which is a highly in demanding occupation in NL. I applied for PR in April along with my husband and daughters. After that I applied for my daughters in June and within three weeks their applications got approved. Still their first application along with my husband is still pending. We raised many webforms to update my status everytime it got changed. Last webform was uploaded to let IRCC know about my daughters visa approval. But seems like IRCC Singapore (our visa centre) is dead! No progress in my husband’s 2.5 years old application. I tried to contact MP but didn’t get any help. Applied for IRCC and CBSA GCMS notes two times, but no response. Now, I’m yet to get AOR anytime. I’m so frustrated seeing people’s never ending waiting for their application’s progress. I don’t know what to do next. Please let me know what else I can do to make the process at least running. Thank you for your patience to read my long post.
What is the current status of your application??Also your dependent’s???What kind of application you applied in March 2022?You applied for PR with your dependents in April ,then why did you apply again for your daughters in June??
Please elaborate..

Bushra Toma

Star Member
May 29, 2022
Hi. My husband and daughters applied for SOWP and study permits in March 31, 2022. I was a full time masters student at that time. Since then their applications are being processed. I think my husband is stuck on background check as IRCC asked for military documents twice in October 5, 2022 and October 20, 2023. My husband uploaded them in the given timeframe but no response from the other end. He raised many webforms to speed up his application and to give an update of my transcripts and enrollment in every semesters. No response from IRCC. I tried to reach out MP in my area but didn’t get any help from her. We left no stone unturned and 3 years went by since I came in Canada.

I finished my program (I did two courses, 1 M.ed and 1 diploma in healthcare) in December 2023, got my Pgwp in January 2024. I got NLPNP in March 2024 and applied for PR along with the family on April 27, 2024. I’m about to get AOR anytime soon but my husband’s application never moved forward. In the meantime, I wanted to bring my daughters first without applying for my husband‘S SOWP again (because I didn’t want to ruin the previous application believing that IRCC is working on it). So I applied for my daughters individually (two separate study permits for my 2 daughters). Their application was approved in just 3 weeks. But still they are added to my husband’s application as dependents. After their visa stamped in the passport my husband raised webform informing IRCC about their approval but believe me, no response from IRCC. I think IRCC gets all the webforms and is informed about every updates but they never respond. Otherwise, they would ask for my details to any point of the application. They never asked for my details except those military documents for my husband’s job.

Now, we’re thinking of applying for writ of mandamus. It’s been 30 months (2.5 years) now since that application was launched and we never received any decision. So we have the right to apply for mandamus to the federal court. Otherwise, our PR application would be stuck in the same way. I hope that I could clear my situation. Please advise me what to do in this situation. Will that be wise to go for mandamus? Thank you.