+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

Sneakydriver

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
CaroM8 said:
I don't think our case is complicated.. no dependants, no prior immigration problems etc.
Maybe it's because our medicals expired and we had to redo them?
What happens if our police certificates expire?
That could be. I have heard that when they request something, they give you a certain amount of time and even if you submit w.e they requested before the limit, the application is delayed. That's why it's better to send everything upfront but in your case you couldn't help it since your medicals expired. If you can, get new police certificates and send them before the old one expires!

Sneakydriver

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
flakita88 said:
Hello
How much is the average time to return in sending the confirmation of reseidencia once sent copy of the passport ??? :)
Congratulations!!!

I'm not sure how long Mexico takes for this. Others VO's do it in 1-3 weeks.

Can you post your complete timeline from when you sent your application until the exact date you got the request and sent it? so others in the thread will know what to expect!

flakita88

Apr 21, 2017
Congratulations!!!

Can you post your complete timeline from when you sent your application until the exact date you got the request and sent it? so others in the thread will know what to expect!
[/quote]

Thank you very much for answering

Request sent - August 17, 2016; Request received acknowledgment - Sep 10 2016; Approved sponsorship - Sep 15 2016; Permanent Residency file began processing - Oct 04 2016; Background Check in Progress - April 24, 2017; Passport application email - April 25, 2017.

From the request sent until I was asked for the passport were 8 months and 8 days ... just waiting in a short time to give me the confirmation of recidencia, the best wishes for those who wait is the same way as soon as possible returns you Crazy not knowing anything

Sneakydriver

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
flakita88 said:
Congratulations!!!

Thank you very much for answering

Request sent - August 17, 2016; Request received acknowledgment - Sep 10 2016; Approved sponsorship - Sep 15 2016; Permanent Residency file began processing - Oct 04 2016; Background Check in Progress - April 24, 2017; Passport application email - April 25, 2017.

From the request sent until I was asked for the passport were 8 months and 8 days ... just waiting in a short time to give me the confirmation of recidencia, the best wishes for those who wait is the same way as soon as possible returns you Crazy not knowing anything
Why didn't they ask for the physical passport and just a copy?

flakita88

Apr 21, 2017
My lawyer told me that because Mexico no longer needs a visa is just to corroborate data, also asked me to send the address where I live in Canada with my husband, my address of Mexico to send me the letter of confirmation approved residence

CaroM8

Feb 26, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
26/09/2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016 - SA:25/10/2016 - AOR2: 22/12/16
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
LANDED..........
14-11-2017
Sneakydriver said:
That could be. I have heard that when they request something, they give you a certain amount of time and even if you submit w.e they requested before the limit, the application is delayed. That's why it's better to send everything upfront but in your case you couldn't help it since your medicals expired. If you can, get new police certificates and send them before the old one expires!
So, police certificates are good for 6 months right? Since most applications take longer than that, does everyone have to do it twice? Or do they sometimes extend them? It just sounds weird to me that you have to submit them with the application, but know they will expire before they even get to them??

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
CaroM8 said:
So, police certificates are good for 6 months right? Since most applications take longer than that, does everyone have to do it twice? Or do they sometimes extend them? It just sounds weird to me that you have to submit them with the application, but know they will expire before they even get to them??
In the past it seemed that they were locked in at the time the application arrived at IRCC, at least for Outland. Lately, though, I've been seeing people seemingly being asked for them again, so it's possible that something has changed?

I got my police certificate in June of 2016, and didn't get DM until February of 2017, which was over the 6 month mark. I wasn't asked for another one.

CaroM8

Feb 26, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
26/09/2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
LANDED..........
14-11-2017
danawhitaker said:
In the past it seemed that they were locked in at the time the application arrived at IRCC, at least for Outland. Lately, though, I've been seeing people seemingly being asked for them again, so it's possible that something has changed?

I got my police certificate in June of 2016, and didn't get DM until February of 2017, which was over the 6 month mark. I wasn't asked for another one.
Ok good to know. Since my husband will be coming to Canada next month (on his visitor visa) until our PR is processed, should he get new PCC's done before leaving? Guatemala requires people to apply for those in person so it's not like we can order them online or something later on when he is in Canada...

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
CaroM8 said:
Ok good to know. Since my husband will be coming to Canada next month (on his visitor visa) until our PR is processed, should he get new PCC's done before leaving? Guatemala requires people to apply for those in person so it's not like we can order them online or something later on when he is in Canada...
Given the difficulty of acquiring another one in his case, it's something to consider doing, especially if the cost is reasonable. If I had come to Canada prior to DM/PPR with the intention of staying for the duration of processing, I would have considered going back to Fieldprint and getting my FBI check done again so I could avoid worrying about trying to get another one from within Canada in a reasonable amount of time.

CaroM8

Feb 26, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
26/09/2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
LANDED..........
14-11-2017
danawhitaker said:
Given the difficulty of acquiring another one in his case, it's something to consider doing, especially if the cost is reasonable. If I had come to Canada prior to DM/PPR with the intention of staying for the duration of processing, I would have considered going back to Fieldprint and getting my FBI check done again so I could avoid worrying about trying to get another one from within Canada in a reasonable amount of time.
Great, thank you for the input. Yeah they only cost about 10$ each so we will definitely get new ones just in case..

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
CaroM8 said:
Great, thank you for the input. Yeah they only cost about 10$ each so we will definitely get new ones just in case..
I came across this discussion about police certificates a few years back. I don't know if things have changed, however, thought you might want to read about what others have said in the past.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/police-certificates-how-long-are-they-valid-for-t65966.0.html

Argie2016

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Buenos Aires
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
15-12-2016 (AOR1) 28-03-2017 (AOR2)
IELTS Request
Not Required
File Transfer...
04-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2016 Passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
11-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
SOON June 2017
CaroM8 said:
My police certificate expired by the time they started processing my application so they request it a new
That we sent last February

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
:'(

So after they requested only for the Fingerprints on March 28, husband sent them April 4, and arrived April 6, was hopping the would contact us in 2 months requesting only the Mexican PCC, but they sent us a letter on April 25,

Mr. Fellow,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

Original Police Certificates for Mexico

Provide our office with the following original police certificates for you :

§ Federal Police Certificate issued by Procuraduría General de la República (PGR) called “Constancia de Antecedentes Registrales”.
NOTE: Mexican state police certificates will not be accepted

To obtain the Federal police certificate issued by the PGR an official electronic letter is being sent to you. If you have any issues trying to obtain this certificate, please notify our office immediately quoting your full name, date of birth and file number.

Please visit the following websites in order to obtain more information:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp
http://www.pgr.gob.mx/servicios/constancia/antecedentes%20registrales.asp

IMPORTANT: If you live outside Mexico, please visit the following website in order to obtain instructions on how to get a PGR certificate:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/outside-mexico.asp

Please provide the following original police certificate for you:
Federal Police Certificate (Constancia de Antecedentes Registrales) issued by the Procuraduría General de la República (PGR) *Mexican state police certificates will not be accepted

If you live in Mexico:
To obtain the Federal police certificate issued by the PGR an official signed letter is attached to this e-mail. You must deliver the letter to your nearest PGR office.

Payment of your Right of Permanent Residence Fee

In order to expedite the processing of your application, we require you to provide us a copy of your RPRF receipt. If the fee has not already been paid, you will find instructions on how to proceed at the following websites:

Fee Information: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/
For online payment: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en

Please note that this office does not accept cheques in different currencies than those listed on the website ( Cheques or money orders in US dollars or other currencies different from those listed on our website will be returned to you and this may delay the processing of your application)

To avoid delays in the processing of your application, please send to both following email addresses a copy of the receipt providing the following information:
- Sponsor’s name and date of birth
- Applicant's name and date of birth
- UCI number or Application Number
Emails:
Mississauga Office: CPCM-EXTCOM@cic.gc.ca
Mexico Office: mexico-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

IRB Decision

Please provide the IRB reasons for decision and order (full document, including conclusion).

For more information, please visit the following link:
www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/Eng/contact/Pages/index.aspx

If you do not have a copy of the document requested, please contact directly the IRB Office so they can provide you a copy of the IRB reasons for decision and order the document.

Photos
(size: 5cm x 7cm)

Please provide two (2) photos of you (size: 5cm x 7cm)

For more information, please visit:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3908e.pdf

*** To avoid delays, please submit all requested documents at the same time ***

Please note: Supporting civil documents and police certificates must be in English or French. If they are not, send a certified translation with a copy of the originals.

The above information/documents must be received in this office within 120 days of the date of this letter. Failure to submit them within that time period could result in the refusal of your application. Please include your complete file number on your correspondence and send your correspondence to the Immigration Section of the Canadian Embassy in Mexico at the address indicated at the bottom of the page.

According to the lawyer they gave us until May 21 to submit all the documents, Lawyer said we were not gonna be able to submit the documents on time but will send the proof that we have requested the RCMP. When i read the email i can see that in the letter they said we have 120 days to submit all documents.

This is what I have now on the eCAS:

We received your application for permanent residence on January 10, 2017.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 24, 2017.
We started processing your application on March 28, 2017.
Medical results have been received.
We sent you correspondence on January 27, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
We sent you correspondence on March 29, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
We sent you correspondence on April 25, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Even tho it says the send AOR2, the lawyer did not forward it to me.
Now my questions are how long will it take to get the RCMP? is it normal that they request all this documents at the same time?

Any thoughts?

How many of you have been asked for the PCC?

Jalisse

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Visa Office......
Mexico
For me in November is when they asked the bulk of information. They wanted PGR, payments, fingerprints for RCMP. Then in the meantime got interview request. RCMP took two months to be finalized. By the end of March Mexico office had all requested docs. Now just waiting for next step, probably medicals renewal

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
Jalisse said:
For me in November is when they asked the bulk of information. They wanted PGR, payments, fingerprints for RCMP. Then in the meantime got interview request. RCMP took two months to be finalized. By the end of March Mexico office had all requested docs. Now just waiting for next step, probably medicals renewal

Did you submit all the documents at once? 120 days is lots of time just to wait and get the rcmp :'(, Lawyer said the rcmp has to be sent to Mississagua, so once we have the receipt for the rcmp they will submit all the docs. Husband went to the PGR today, so the Mexican PCC will be ready in 10 days, they won't translate the "DATOS REGISTRALES" so we have to look for that, how did you get yours translated? I might have his IRB decision at home, Have to go through his migration file to see if i can find it, I don't want to request it to IRB so we can save some time. i just hope that if they request interview for us, is because of the ARC and not because of a relationship concern, I won't be able to travel to be there with my husband, I wish i could be with him but it won't be possible, not after September. :'(