+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

M

mrandmrsromero

canadiangirl78 said:
What am I missing? What's the big deal with the joint account?
Nothing says "I Love You Babe" quite like His & Hers Savings Accounts (or more accurately these days, shared debt load and credit cards). Ah yes, sweet romance. Or in CIC speak: show me the bank statements. :D

M

mrandmrsromero

canadiangirl78 said:
LOL. I know but I'm worried about even the smallest chance they'll ask for a visa or whatnot and then detain him or something. I know it might be just fine but I don't want to risk it.
My earlier comment was totally tongue-in-cheek of course, but in all seriousness I totally get your concerns. I felt the same way. We were considering flying vs. bus trip (ugh) when trying to figure out the best way for him to travel back to Mexico. It was so hard to know what to do. In the end, my husband quite firmly decided he would rather take his chances at a U.S. airport than crossing the border in what he called a moving bullet target (public bus). Thankfully, his Mexican passport was up to date and he flew back one way to Mexico City on Aeromexico. Once the decision was made, he was totally relaxed about it where I of course was freaking out with worry. But it was clear sailing all the way. As I say, one way tickets outbound are apparently no biggie LOL!

Now, as you will have guessed, this would not be a typical mrandmrsromero story without qualifying that "clear sailing" in our case is a flexible term. Translation: the first ticket we bought was with Mexicana, which went bankrupt shortly after booking! Hence: Aeromexico! (Lesson: MasterCard is a GOOD thing in situations like this - because we booked with the flight on the card, we got our money back!) But I digress. All is well that ends well! :)

itscoezy

Dec 20, 2010
Puerto Vallarta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Doc's Request.
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
03-01-2013
mrandmrsromero said:
Nothing says "I Love You Babe" quite like His & Hers Savings Accounts (or more accurately these days, shared debt load and credit cards). Ah yes, sweet romance. Or in CIC speak: show me the bank statements. :D
LMAO!!

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
April 26, 2012, ARC Request on August 31, 2012
File Transfer...
14 October 2009 to Mexico City (Original) April 04, 2012 (re-processing after appeal allowed)
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
September 07, 2009 (Original) April 30, 2012 (After appeal allowed)
Interview........
March 23, 2010 DENIED, Filed appeal September 2010
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
From my understanding you never get checked on your way out. I know people who have left the USA on foot, by plane, by bus, etc. and they've never been checked for their status (as long as they're Mexican of course!).

The whole joint account thing really blew my mind. I guess it has to do with the fact that they're in a Common-law relationship and not married, which still is ridiculous. Isn't the embassy's job to verify the relationship before giving out permanent residence? Sounds to me like lv1234 got a CBSA agent who was having a bad day and decided to take it out on someone, so unprofessional!

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Ya I can't imagine them caring that he is leaving. I don't know. We will see. The airport here has a flight to Mexico. It's a small airport and the undocumented community is huge so it's probably safe. I'll let my husband decide.

About the bank thing, ok so I understand it's a common law thing. But still easy to fake. It's the big picture that should matter. That officer is just a control freak who likes exerting her power over others.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Bcmom72 said:
Here is the letter from the Embassy yesterday....
It states they have completed the assessment to immigrate to Canada. I have determined you do not meet the requirements to move to Canada. States that he was asked to produce the Mexico Federal Police Certificate, which he did, within 60 days to assess your admissability, from the date January 26th. He handed it over March 22 at his interview.To this date we have not received the document or any communication from you. A new letter to request the police certificate is being sent to you. Be informed that you have only 30 days from the date of this letter to comply with our request. Should you fail to present the documentation requested, your application will be assessed on the evidence currently available on the file and may result in the refusal of your case.

And get this, it is signed "Immigration Officer", no name!

Needless to say, today we are trying to track down where this document has landed, and if indeed he will have to go through doing it again! I hope to goodness it will not take another two months once its in their hands at the embassy.
Hi Bcmom, I was thinking about your son-in-law's case today. Did it get worked out with the missing police certificate?

Bcmom72

Star Member
Jan 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 13, 2011
File Transfer...
Nov 2011
Med's Done....
June 2011
Interview........
March 2012
Passport Req..
October 9, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
October 31,2012
Well we are still waiting to hear something....his friend who works for the fed. government got another police certificate for him, as the info was all still on file. Than it was given to his mother, who took it to the embassy. Now we sit and wait....as far as I am concerned, it was just too many hands to go through and I am not confident that it landed on the right desk with the right person. My daughter has been calling the embassy every day and only gets an answering machine....if anyone knows a number to get directly through to someone at the Mexico City office, please let me know!!!
I am so happy for others when I see the PPR notes on here, but sad that his hasnt gone through yet....

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Did your daughter do a case specific enquiry to ask if they had received it? It's frustrating that they don't answer the phone that's for sure.

margarita esperanza

Apr 26, 2012
Nessa said:
Guys we got a PPR today!!!!

Says the visa will expire on 2012/11/07...is that november 7th or july 11th??

medicals expire nov 8th so i´m assuming it´s november 7th. :p

Anyways we are planning on going to DF on monday or tuesday to get it on the same day!!! ;D

Congrats!!!! It is such a rush eh???? All the best!!

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
Bcmom72 said:
Well we are still waiting to hear something....his friend who works for the fed. government got another police certificate for him, as the info was all still on file. Than it was given to his mother, who took it to the embassy. Now we sit and wait....as far as I am concerned, it was just too many hands to go through and I am not confident that it landed on the right desk with the right person. My daughter has been calling the embassy every day and only gets an answering machine....if anyone knows a number to get directly through to someone at the Mexico City office, please let me know!!!
I am so happy for others when I see the PPR notes on here, but sad that his hasnt gone through yet....
I think that if she took it directly to the embassy it should be fine! They are pretty good about putting the papers in the proper files when you go there in person! When did it get handed in? I have a feeling they should be getting their PPR very soon!

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
14 October 2009 to Mexico City (Original) April 04, 2012 (re-processing after appeal allowed)
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
So my fingerprints have arrived at the FBI headquarters in Clarksburg, Mr. R. Beck has signed for it :p Now I just gotta wait, hope that everything is okay..

Chuladaa

May 31, 2012
Toronto
App. Filed.......
March 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
July 20, 2012, July 27, 2012, Dec 07, 2012
AOR Received.
July 03, 2012
File Transfer...
July 03, 2012
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
March 13, 2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
April 15, 2013
Hello everyone
I have been trying to look online for this info and have not gotten too far so I am hoping someone here might have knowledge or be able to advise on this.
This is regards to medical coverage / insurance in Ontario.

Two questions
First regarding my family sponsorship for my husband I understand when he gets his PR there will be a 3 month waiting period for OHIP and the government website recommends companies that you can get coverage with incase something happens during that 3 months.. I called Blue Cross they said the coverage for that 3 month period is $328. Is this something any have you have purchased in the past or are considering once your family members are here.. or will you just wait the 3 months without the health coverage?

Also I have a Mexican friend who is here working.. I am not sure what his status is however, he is not a PR or a citizen. He doesn’t have health coverage I had to take him to the hospital last year for some stiches and then they billed him for it. He is looking to see if there is a way he can pay monthly or yearly to have coverage to see a doctor if needed. When I talked to Blue Cross the woman was terrible to me on the phone very rude and she told me if the person has been here for more than 30 days (he has been her for years) then they don’t have any services for him.
Can anyone make a recommendation oh what he should do?

Thanks so much!

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
Chuladaa said:
Hello everyone
I have been trying to look online for this info and have not gotten too far so I am hoping someone here might have knowledge or be able to advise on this.

Two questions
First regarding my family sponsorship for my husband I understand when he gets his PR there will be a 3 month waiting period for OHIP and the government website recommends companies that you can get coverage with incase something happens during that 3 months.. I called Blue Cross they said the coverage for that 3 month period is $328. Is this something any have you have purchased in the past or are considering once your family members are here.. or will you just wait the 3 months without the health coverage?

Also I have a Mexican friend who is here working.. I am not sure what his status is however, he is not a PR or a citizen. He doesn't have health coverage I had to take him to the hospital last year for some stiches and then they billed him for it. He is looking to see if there is a way he can pay monthly or yearly to have coverage to see a doctor if needed. When I talked to Blue Cross the woman was terrible to me on the phone very rude and she told me if the person has been here for more than 30 days (he has been her for years) then they don't have any services for him.

Thanks so much!
That's an interesting question! Sorry I don't have any relevant info to share with you. Have you tried looking into travel agencies? Perhaps they might sell some sort of coverage.

In my case, I'm not planning on getting any kind of coverage, I'll just wing it and see what happens. I hardly ever get sick anyway, and when I do, I avoid doctors like the plague! There's a joke that when you go to the IMSS here, they cure your fever, but you come out of there with pneumonia!

Edit:

Have you tried Mundo Joven? They're a travel agency that specializes in catering to backpackers, young travelers and the like, so they have some affordable options. It doesn't hurt to take a look at their site, these are the coverage plans they have: http://www.mundojoven.com/Seguro/Cobertura.aspx

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chuladaa said:
Hello everyone

Two questions

Also I have a Mexican friend who is here working.. I am not sure what his status is however, he is not a PR or a citizen. He doesn't have health coverage I had to take him to the hospital last year for some stiches and then they billed him for it. He is looking to see if there is a way he can pay monthly or yearly to have coverage to see a doctor if needed. When I talked to Blue Cross the woman was terrible to me on the phone very rude and she told me if the person has been here for more than 30 days (he has been her for years) then they don't have any services for him.

Thanks so much!
1. Yes, there is a 3 month waiting period, and he won't be able to leave Ontario for more than 30 days during the first 6 months to be eligible for OHIP coverage. If you want to check for alternative providers check OHIPs website - they have a phone number you can call to get a list of providers that provide new PR coverage during the waiting period - see here

2. It's hard to tell without the specifics of his situation. Depending on his immigration status, he may be eligible for OHIP. Otherwise, he could explore an international coverage, which are expensive (not travel insurance since he is living in Ontario).