N/A
Med's Done....
March 13, 2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
April 15, 2013
edgarsitow said:
lol I remember being smacked on the back of my head a few times by my dad for not opening the door to a lady when I was a young boy.

As a Mexican I'm flattered to read all these comments, of course we do have our fair share of as$holes, but I'm glad you all found nice husbands (It seems I'm the only guy in here LOL)
Hahahahaha thanks for your post it gave me a good laugh! Your dad did well!! :)
Well I'm glad we have a guy here I tried to get my husband on but he took one look got confused and that was the end of that.. I will get him on the next time I'm in Mexico forsure!!
Where from mexico are you from??

Chuladaa

May 31, 2012
Toronto
App. Filed.......
March 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
July 20, 2012, July 27, 2012, Dec 07, 2012
AOR Received.
July 03, 2012
File Transfer...
July 03, 2012
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
March 13, 2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
April 15, 2013
margarita esperanza said:
Chuladaa said:
Hahaha yess I think you summed it up well! I am from Toronto and was born here and I am SOOO happy to be married to a Mexican man!! He is amazing and I have met some wonderful people from Mexico and they have taught me what it really is to live. My husband has been so positive and calm throughout this process and ive been a complete nut job its too funny how different cultures can be but how great he is at making me feel like everything will be ok and everything is meant to be.. as he says.. the better days are coming!!

But yes I am a pure Canadian who attempts to be as Mexican as possible being in Canada lol. Yes we are separated during the process  I try to fly out and visit him as much as my bank account and my work will allow me which unfortunately is not enough!!

[/quote}
Nice story! Better days arARE coming! It is really interesting how all of us Canadian women are stressing while the Mexicans are relaxed, knowing that "better days are coming". I have discovered through this process that I am not a very patient person and our standards of immediate gratification make it hard to adapt to the flow of life in other places...this is my experience anyway. I was living in Mexico with my husband last year and then went back to Canada to wait out the process but I was so depressed I had to come back to Mexico to get through at least 6 months of the waiting. I am going back to Canada to start a new job at the end of the month but I feel better about it now, knowing that we have the majority of the wait behind us. We actually bought a plane ticket for my husband to go with me since there was a great seat sale, we thought we'd take a chance.... HOPEFULLY the PPR will come in the next few weeks and then we can leave together! Cheers to hoping!! Anyway, I definitely agree that this forum is really supportive and I love knowing there are others who are also going through this, and we can share information and experiences...everything from where to find good tortillas in Toronto to any changes made to the PR process. Thanks everyone!

Margarita I agree with your post 1000% about immediate gratification. Where in Mexico have you been living? Awesome I hope you get that great news soon and you do get to leave together! All the best to you and try to stay strong and positive and think of those better days coming!

margarita esperanza

Apr 26, 2012
Chuladaa said:
Margarita I agree with your post 1000% about immediate gratification. Where in Mexico have you been living? Awesome I hope you get that great news soon and you do get to leave together! All the best to you and try to stay strong and positive and think of those better days coming!
Thanks!! Yes it's important to stay positive...and busy!
We were living in Xalapa, Veracruz last year (where my husband is from), but now we are living in Merida, Yucatan.

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
Chuladaa said:
Actually my husband is from Mexico City originally but he is in Playa del Carmen now.. I'm just outside of Toronto actually just north of Toronto. Where are the Mexican specialty shops that you know of? Would love to know them.

We wanted to do a visitor visa but we were told it wouldn't be granted due to the nature of our relationship and were advised it would be best to stay in our countries until the paperwork was processed. Its been tough L

Haha yes he sounds like a catch! I find they are have great family values and culture and they sure LOVE their women! J yay for us marrying a Mexican guy is truly life changing in an amazing way!!!
That's too funny! My SO was also raised in Mexico City until he later moved to Cancun with his family! We are also just outside Toronto as well :) Looks like our hubbys have a lot in common :)

Chuladaa

May 31, 2012
Toronto
App. Filed.......
March 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
July 20, 2012, July 27, 2012, Dec 07, 2012
AOR Received.
July 03, 2012
File Transfer...
July 03, 2012
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
March 13, 2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
April 15, 2013
margarita esperanza said:
Thanks!! Yes it's important to stay positive...and busy!
We were living in Xalapa, Veracruz last year (where my husband is from), but now we are living in Merida, Yucatan.

Ohh very nice!! Actually I think Merida is where my husband went for his medical tests! It was quite the distance for him but he really liked it there!

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
edgarsitow said:
lol I remember being smacked on the back of my head a few times by my dad for not opening the door to a lady when I was a young boy.

As a Mexican I'm flattered to read all these comments, of course we do have our fair share of as$holes, but I'm glad you all found nice husbands (It seems I'm the only guy in here LOL)
lol! Edgar our group wouldn't be the same without you. :D Although I have met a few Mexican men that really make me wonder, majority I know are great men. The men in my spouses family are such wonderful men, it would be hard to think differently.

On an emotional note, I really don't know what I would do without you all. You are the only people who can laugh and cry about the same frustrations of both the Mexican and Canadian Paperwork and this whole process - So gracias amigo/a's I really don't know what I would do without this group!

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
Oh, and today we are halfway mark till sponsorship approval, I hope it goes by as fast as the first month and half did!!

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Is anyone else stuck with two last names because of the Mexican birth certificate? All three of us have two last names, my mother in law's maiden name and my father in law's last name. We only go by my father in law's last name but according to our passports and stuff, my mother in law's maiden name is our last LAST name. It is so annoying! It won't even fit on my credit cards! I dont know if it is just because we are in the US but they wouldn't let me just take one of his names when we got married because the birth certificate is done differently in Mexico.

How can I get this changed in Canada so we just have ONE last name? (What a pain that would be but I hate being called Mrs. H*****!)

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
canadiangirl78 said:
Is anyone else stuck with two last names because of the Mexican birth certificate? All three of us have two last names, my mother in law's maiden name and my father in law's last name. We only go by my father in law's last name but according to our passports and stuff, my mother in law's maiden name is our last LAST name. It is so annoying! It won't even fit on my credit cards! I dont know if it is just because we are in the US but they wouldn't let me just take one of his names when we got married because the birth certificate is done differently in Mexico.

How can I get this changed in Canada so we just have ONE last name? (What a pain that would be but I hate being called Mrs. H*****!)
Most of my friends who are already married to their Mexican spouse and take their last name is always done with a 'de' so for example Jane Smith de Mendez meaning 'of' mendez.. I don't think your suppose to take both last names, and I always thought you take the fathers last name, but I could be wrong.

Also, I am pretty sure in Canada you can drop the mothers maiden, because here every time I give my spouses two last name people always look at me funny, lol. Its weird to have two last names here.. So I dunno.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
mc1234 said:
Most of my friends who are already married do their Mexican spouse and take their last name is always done with a 'de' so for example Jane Smith de Mendez meaning 'of' mendez.. I don't think your suppose to take both last names, and I always thought you take the fathers last name, but I could be wrong.

Also, I am pretty sure in Canada you can drop the mothers maiden, because here every time I give my spouses two last name people always look at me funny, lol. Its weird to have two last names here.. So I dunno.
It is the US's fault it is this way for us. They just read the Mexican birth certificate differently than they do in Mexico. So yeah my daughter is going to have a fun time spelling her name in kindergarten...LOL! Actually we only go by one last name socially and it will be the same for her at school. But my US and Canadian passport both have both last names, I had no choice. And all my official accounts as well. It is SO confusing for everyone. When I tried to get my Ontario license, they had a hard time finding my California license in the system because California put one as my middle name or something. Then when I tried to check into a hotel, they could not find me! That was when I first learned that I would have to also go by my mother in law's last name. Some of my credit cards just have one last name, my license has both. At least it hasn't caused problems when stores check my ID. Oh and Canadians say j instead of h so my social last name sounds hilarious! Oh well...

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
canadiangirl78 said:
It is the US's fault it is this way for us. They just read the Mexican birth certificate differently than they do in Mexico. So yeah my daughter is going to have a fun time spelling her name in kindergarten...LOL! Actually we only go by one last name socially and it will be the same for her at school. But my US and Canadian passport both have both last names, I had no choice. And all my official accounts as well. It is SO confusing for everyone. When I tried to get my Ontario license, they had a hard time finding my California license in the system because California put one as my middle name or something. Then when I tried to check into a hotel, they could not find me! That was when I first learned that I would have to also go by my mother in law's last name. Some of my credit cards just have one last name, my license has both. At least it hasn't caused problems when stores check my ID. Oh and Canadians say j instead of h so my social last name sounds hilarious! Oh well...
lol! Well both mine and my SO's name are so so long, so for our (future) children are just going to have their dad's last name. They're name would actually be a whole sentence long since we plan on giving them middle names, lol!

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
mc1234 said:
lol! Well both mine and my SO's name are so so long, so for our (future) children are just going to have their dad's last name. They're name would actually be a whole sentence long since we plan on giving them middle names, lol!
LOL! Hey having a middle name is a treat for a Mexican! I always heard the middle name was the mother's maiden name and I never understood it until now! My husband has no middle name.

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
canadiangirl78 said:
LOL! Hey having a middle name is a treat for a Mexican! I always heard the middle name was the mother's maiden name and I never understood it until now! My husband has no middle name.
My SO has no middle name, but two first names and two last names. I am Italian so its very common to have a middle name in our culture, especially the name of a parent/grandparent so we are going to use that tradition! :)

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
I know!! the names are so confusing!!

I had a hard time deciding what to do when I got married, I just ended up keeping my last name! I am really not a fan of the ¨de¨ thing. Makes me feel like I am someone´s property lol!

Maybe once I go back to Canada I will change it...or maybe not :p I feel like most women in Mexico don´t even change their names when they get married anyways.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
mc1234 said:
My SO has no middle name, but two first names and two last names. I am Italian so its very common to have a middle name in our culture, especially the name of a parent/grandparent so we are going to use that tradition! :)
Two first names! Wow!