+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

maguita

Star Member
Jun 7, 2015
Maguita said:
Good morning, TorontoLove!!!

Are you Mexican or American?

In my understanding Mexicans cannot cross the border to USA and get the Canadian Visa stamped for 6 months more, We have to go back to Mexico or another country , did that change? Or you think the stamped your visa because you told them you already asked for an extension?

Do you have a telephone number for Immigration Canada? I was wondering If I can just go to the airport and ask this questions or try to cross the US border this weekend and see if they give me 6 months more hehehehe. Anyway they cannot separate couples by law, so if I come with my husband they must allow me to come in again, even my tourist Visa expires on the 28 so I could give it a try

Thank you for your advices.

Tinyaries

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 10th, 2017
AOR Received.
Jan 26th, 2017
maguita said:
Maguita said:

In my understanding Mexicans cannot cross the border to USA and get the Canadian Visa stamped for 6 months more, We have to go back to Mexico or another country , did that change? Or you think the stamped your visa because you told them you already asked for an extension?

Do you have a telephone number for Immigration Canada? I was wondering If I can just go to the airport and ask this questions or try to cross the US border this weekend and see if they give me 6 months more hehehehe. Anyway they cannot separate couples by law, so if I come with my husband they must allow me to come in again, even my tourist Visa expires on the 28 so I could give it a try

Good morning Maguita,

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
General Info: 1-888-242-2100
Terminal 1 (905)612-7933
Terminal 3 (905)612-7928

Those are CIC numbers at the Pearson airport. You could give them a call but it is hard to get through.
If you are not able to reach them, just go to the airport and talk to them personally.

Wish you all the best! Hope that PPR come soon!

:D

Tinyaries

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 10th, 2017
AOR Received.
Jan 26th, 2017
Hello everybody!

Just got an email saying:

"We acknowledge receipt of your payment for Right of Permanent Residence Fees.

Please be informed that your application is in queue for review. An exact review schedule is not yet available.

At the moment, there is no need for further action on your part. Our office will contact you should we require additional documents or information.
Thank you for keeping your correspondence to a minimum"

Hopefully next email will be PPR. :)

Best of luck!!

:D

Labbadulc

Star Member
Oct 28, 2015
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico city / Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
(AOR-1) 23-12-2015 (AOR-2) 21/04/2016
File Transfer...
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
17-09-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2016
LANDED..........
03-09-2016
Ok so i'm new here and just sent out my app back in october so here we go!

Destination in Canada: MISSISSAUGA/MEXICO
PR Applicant's Country of Origin: Dominican Republic
Is Username the PR Applicant? No
Are you residing with your spouse/partner? No
Are you residing in Canada? Yes
Date Application couriered to CPC Miss:10/29/2015
Date Application received by CPC Miss:11/02/2015
Date Medical Done:09/17/2015
Date Medical Sent:10/29/2015
Date Stage 1 AOR Received:.. still waiting
Date Sponsorship Approval Received:
Date of File Transfer to MCVO:
Date Stage 2 AOR Received:
Date Interview Requested:
Date Interview Completed:
Date Additional Documents Requested:
Date PGR/Police Report Sent:
Date of ARC Request:
Date Passport Requested by VO:
Date Passport Sent to VO:
Date of Confirmation Passport Rec'd by VO:
ECAS PR Application Status:
Date Passport Rec'd with COPR/Visa:
Date Landed in Canada:

TorontoLove

Sep 2, 2015
Hello Maguita,

I am Mexican and I thought it was not possible for them to give you an extension at the border because I went to US in June too and when I crossed the Canadian border again they didn't even check my Canadian visa or anything like that they just looked at my passport and asked us some questions and that was it so that was very weird and I thought it will be the same thing this time that is why I applied for an extension online. I don't know if they gave me the stamp in my passport for another 6 months just because I already applied for my extension or because my 6 months permit was going to expire in a month, that I don't know.

I also found this in the CIC website.

May I leave, then re-enter Canada?

In order to return to Canada, you must be in possession of a valid passport or travel document. You also need to hold a valid study or work permit if you are returning to study or work in Canada.

If you are a citizen of a country that requires a temporary resident visa (TRV) or an eTA to travel to Canada, you will also need to be in possession of a valid entry visa or an eTA to return, unless:

you are returning to Canada following a visit only to the United States or St-Pierre and Miquelon; and
you return before the expiry of the period initially authorized for your entry or any extension to it, either as a visitor, student or worker.
Possession of these documents does not guarantee re-entry. All persons must establish that they meet all of the requirements of The Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations before being authorized to enter or re-enter Canada.

I have this phone number for immigration but it is very difficult to get an agent on the phone, good luck I hope you can get through it. Telephone number:1-888-242-2100

If you decide to go to the border or to the aipirt you can explain your situation and take with you marriage certificate, maybe some bank statements from your husband and you if you have, passport photocopy and I think that was everything that they asked me in order to extend my stay when I applied online.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

maguita said:
Maguita said:

pau

Star Member
Aug 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
3 09 2015
Passport Req..
15 09 2015
VISA ISSUED...
12 11 2015 gracias a Dios
LANDED..........
17 12 2015 por que Dios es Maravilloso
:)hello you all..... I have a couple of questions, I hope you guys can answer, by the way congrats to lovelycomplex...you can breathe now, I know the feeling....
Ok so first one is, what happens when you land in canada? I hear ppl said you need to fill out a form, second is when they asked for ur passport how you know when they will give u back that, like they will send you an email telling u or u just get it at ut house and that it???Im asking this cus I dont know if u know my story but they requested my background checks from all the countrys I have lived and my original passport with the passport size photos all at once, thats why Im asking, and my last question is that my medicals expired on september 17, and around one week before that I got all the instructions to send my police checks and my passport with my passport size pictures so I reply telling them that my medicals will expired and i need the original passports in order to get my medicals, so they reply by saying follow the instructions we are not asking for remedicals.........ok so i sent all my police checks and the tracking number for the mexico datos registrales (that is been a pain in the butt, Im sorry cus I lived outside Mexico and I sent everything to the canadian embassy in Mexico just as they asked me ,I just dont know if they already have the results in my countrys embassy or the timeline for that process) anyway and I sent that to the embassy on october 15 and 1 week ago I got an email asking for remedicals and sent me a uci number and i did not need my oringinal passport for it only a valid id............so I did that 2 days after i got email, i just dont understand why if they knew my medicals expired or were about to expired didnt asked me right away for it, I mean in the first email tehy sent me, also the officer that interview me told me oh I see your medicals are about to expired, anyway, those are my qestions, hope you can help me, and good luck, God bless and hopefully soon we will hear some sweet news, is been a long journey!!!! :)

Lovelycomplex

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 7th 2014
Doc's Request.
Jan 26th 2015-Marriage Certificate request
AOR Received.
Feb 11Th 2015 AOR2 AG 5th 2015-pgr
File Transfer...
SA- Feb 12Th 2015
Med's Done....
Medicals received on Ecas
LANDED..........
25/11/2015
thank you all for your kind words, i'll be landing 23th of November, i already got my visa and copr. <3 thank you so much for your support.

Chrillan

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2015
AOR Received.
AOR1: 29-05-2015 AOR2: 30-09-2015
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Request
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Lovelycomplex said:
Interview approved i will pick my passport with the visa up at 3 finally, one year for me to get ppr :)
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Great news! So happy for you!

rojiyo

Star Member
May 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-07-2015 SA 11-08-2015
File Transfer...
17-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront and passed
Interview........
Waived
Hello there, today I've received an email from Paris VO!!! I know, this is the Mexico VO thread, but as I commented in old posts our app was re-transferred form Mexico VO to Mississauga and then to Paris VO, besides, as they ask for my police certificate form Mexico, I think here is where I can get a better advise.

In the email they request additional documents:

+ Original of police certificate(s), since the 18th birthday: MEXICO

I knew in advance that they would ask for it, fortunately the consulate of Mexico in Bcn can help me with part of the process and my family in Mexico with the rest of the process. Also, something good is that they said that I must send the requested document only through email, something that I think will help to avoid more delays.

In your opinion, this is a good sign (that they only ask me for the police certificate, not any other documents) that my app could be approved soon (after send the requested document). And also, I must send the certificate translated, right?? (probably something obvious, but I want to be sure)

Finally, they mention this in the email "we require the additional documents listed below AS SOON AS POSSIBLE (YOUR CSQ WILL BE EXPIRED ON 13 NOV 2015)", however we never send them the CSQ because we don't live in Quebec (we live and applied from Toronto), do you think is a mistake for the VO?

Thanks in advance, and I hope a speedy process for all!!!

Jbodden

Aug 27, 2015
Roatan, Honduras
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO CITY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-AUG-2015
Doc's Request.
28-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1-08-OCT-2015, AOR2- 11-FEB-2016
File Transfer...
SA- 26-OCT-2015, IP 05-NOV-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
17-AUG-2015
Interview........
WAIVED &quot;Thank God&quot;
Passport Req..
05-APRIL-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-APRIL-2016
LANDED..........
30-APRIL-2016
HI guys..we just checked our Ecas. We don't have any new lines added but PR side has changed from APPLICATION RECEIVED to IN PROCESS.. Does this mean Mexico VO received the application and has started to process.? :eek:

saraotty

Star Member
May 1, 2015
Hi Folks!!! we sent the Birth Certificate on Tuesday and today we got an email requesting to re-do medicals, because it will expire on Nov11. They gave us 30 days to submit it. My husband called the doctor right away and he has his appointment on Tuesday Nov 10th. I will let you know how it goes!! We still have hope 8)

Tinyaries

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 10th, 2017
AOR Received.
Jan 26th, 2017
saraotty said:
Hi Folks!!! we sent the Birth Certificate on Tuesday and today we got an email requesting to re-do medicals, because it will expire on Nov11. They gave us 30 days to submit it. My husband called the doctor right away and he has his appointment on Tuesday Nov 10th. I will let you know how it goes!! We still have hope 8)
saraotty!

That is great news!! :)
One more step and that is it!

Best of luck! ;)

Luna21

Star Member
Nov 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2015
AOR Received.
21-04-2015..........SA email 21-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
25-02-2015
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
VISA ISSUED...
01/15/2015
saraotty said:
Next is ppr!! :D almost done Saraotty!

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
14-09-2015 including PGR submitted 07/10/2015
AOR Received.
AOR 20-03-2015 - SA 24-03-2015 confirmed by phone 27-03-2015. AOR2 received 14-09-2015
File Transfer...
...within a month I was told - Update 22-04-2015 - was told my file transferred to MCVO on 20/04/2015
Med's Request
Upfront/Extended for one year to 12/01/2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
20-12-2015. PR Card Rec'd Feb 20, 2016
Labbadulc said:
Ok so i'm new here and just sent out my app back in october so here we go!

Destination in Canada: MISSISSAUGA/MEXICO
PR Applicant's Country of Origin: Dominican Republic
Is Username the PR Applicant? No
Are you residing with your spouse/partner? No
Are you residing in Canada? Yes
Date Application couriered to CPC Miss:10/29/2015
Date Application received by CPC Miss:11/02/2015
Date Medical Done:09/17/2015
Date Medical Sent:10/29/2015
Date Stage 1 AOR Received:.. still waiting
Date Sponsorship Approval Received:
Date of File Transfer to MCVO:
Date Stage 2 AOR Received:
Date Interview Requested:
Date Interview Completed:
Date Additional Documents Requested:
Date PGR/Police Report Sent:
Date of ARC Request:
Date Passport Requested by VO:
Date Passport Sent to VO:
Date of Confirmation Passport Rec'd by VO:
ECAS PR Application Status:
Date Passport Rec'd with COPR/Visa:
Date Landed in Canada:
Welcome Labbadulc! I have added you to the spreadsheet. Where do you intend to live in Canada once you land?

We all wish you speedy processing!