Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
itscoezy said:
Well lol...
I didn't send them the information yet. I emailed them a few too many times to confirm if they had received the original part of my application as I didn't understand why they wanted more proof as what they were asking for, I thought we had already sent. I was just confused as to if i was sending all my original proof, or if they wanted extra. They kept giving me a general answer not confirming if they received the original documents. Anyways it turns out they called my SO and told him they wanted electricity and water bills in both of our names which we don't have as they wouldn't let me put my name on them when I moved here. So I emailed them to ask if we could send them anything else to satisfy their request as we didn't have those 2 bills. They responded with an interview request.... So I think I P*ssed them off.

Ugh... I hope we can redeem ourselves.
I think it was just standard to request an interview since you couldn't provide that documentation. You'll get the visa for sure.

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Oscar27

Mar 15, 2011
Mexico City
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Hi guys!

Really quick question: My wife & I are almost ready to send our 1st application. Since my birth certificate & marriage certificate are in Spanish, I need to translate both of them, according to the guide... Now the question is...

Do we need to get both certified? (birth and marriage certificates?)

We are hiring a "perito traductor autorizado del Tribunal Superior de Justicia" to translate my documents from Spanish to French (since I want to immigrate to Quebec), but I'm not sure about which documents should be certified? The perito traductor del TSJ told me that she needs to go to the Canadian Embassy to get my document certified (marriage certificate already translated into French) and that the embassy charges $80CAD plus her own fees to get it certified in the embassy.

Is that true??

I'd really appreciate your help! :)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oscar27 said:
Hi guys!

Really quick question: My wife & I are almost ready to send our 1st application. Since my birth certificate & marriage certificate are in Spanish, I need to translate both of them, according to the guide... Now the question is...

Do we need to get both certified? (birth and marriage certificates?)

We are hiring a "perito traductor autorizado del Tribunal Superior de Justicia" to translate my documents from Spanish to French (since I want to immigrate to Quebec), but I'm not sure about which documents should be certified? The perito traductor del TSJ told me that she needs to go to the Canadian Embassy to get my document certified (marriage certificate already translated into French) and that the embassy charges $80CAD plus her own fees to get it certified in the embassy.

Is that true??

I'd really appreciate your help! :)
You shouldn't need to get the documents certified as long as the perito traductor puts the perito traductor stamp on them (ideally in English) and signs them. A perito traductor is a sworn translator and therefore their stamp has been sufficient because all their translations are certified by virtue of their position. To be safe, include a copy of the document appointing the translator as a perito so it's easily accessible to the VO reviewing your file and include a short explanation.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itscoezy said:
Did anyone here request caip or gmcs or wahtever they are called notes on their file?
if so did you use privacy act or the access to information act?
Not sure which to choose...
Access to Info Act - instructions at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp

You should both sign it so that they don't redact everything related to the other person. If you ask for it in e-mail form, my understanding is that it's taking about 30 days to get them.

Oscar27

Mar 15, 2011
Mexico City
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
OhCanadiana said:
You shouldn't need to get the documents certified as long as the perito traductor puts the perito traductor stamp on them (ideally in English) and signs them. A perito traductor is a sworn translator and therefore their stamp has been sufficient because all their translations are certified by virtue of their position. To be safe, include a copy of the document appointing the translator as a perito so it's easily accessible to the VO reviewing your file and include a short explanation.
Great, thanks for your help!
Just wondering... Isn't it better if the stamp is in French, since it's for Quebec?
Also, you mentioned that I should include a short explanation...
A short explanation of what exactly?

mrscruz

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2012
Doc's Request.
PGR February 13,2013
AOR Received.
Mexico City february 13, 2013
File Transfer...
December 11, 2012
Med's Done....
November 11, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 16,2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 24,2013
Help my husband is in Mexico City and I scheduled for his medical tomorrow morning. My husband was told to bring a section 8 form but neither of us know what this is. He has his appendix c form but the are also asking for section 8? Help, what do we do?

mrscruz

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2012
Doc's Request.
PGR February 13,2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
December 11, 2012
Med's Done....
November 11, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 16,2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 24,2013
Ahhh I mean section A, they are asking for section A?

WantToBeInCanada

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
29-10-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-04-2012
Passport Req..
17-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
Guys i got this letter from the embassy today :)

PROCESSING TIME

Aplications for permanent residence in canada in the category that you have applied require on average 6 months
to process at this office. However, in case of incompleteness or in complicated cases, processing time may take longer.
If you have no received any instruction from this office after 6 months, you are requested to contact this office directly

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

In order to expedite the processing of your application, we are requesting that you provide or do the following
as soon as possible
- Immigrant visas have a validity limited to one year from the date that the medical examinations were initiated
or the validity of the passport, which ever is firts. Please ensure to have a valid passport. No extensions are granted
once visas are issued

(Pls somebody tell me it this is a good sign :) )

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oscar27 said:
Great, thanks for your help!
Just wondering... Isn't it better if the stamp is in French, since it's for Quebec?
Also, you mentioned that I should include a short explanation...
A short explanation of what exactly?
(1) French is fine too if the perito traductor has it. Didn't realize it was for Québec. Thought it was for Federal application.

(2) What a perito traductor is. The folks in the Canadian Embassy in Mexico know them well but folks in Quebec may not be as familiar with the designation.

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
WantToBeInCanada said:

PROCESSING TIME

Aplications for permanent residence in canada in the category that you have applied require on average 6 months
to process at this office. However, in case of incompleteness or in complicated cases, processing time may take longer.
If you have no received any instruction from this office after 6 months, you are requested to contact this office directly

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

In order to expedite the processing of your application, we are requesting that you provide or do the following
as soon as possible
- Immigrant visas have a validity limited to one year from the date that the medical examinations were initiated
or the validity of the passport, which ever is firts. Please ensure to have a valid passport. No extensions are granted
once visas are issued

Looks like that is Mexico AOR, and yes, that is a good thing.. :)

Eduram

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Doc's Request.
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
05-10-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Request
09-10-2012
Med's Done....
11-10-2011 Med´s Redone: 10-29-2012
Interview........
29-01-2013
Passport Req..
29-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
mrscruz said:
Ahhh I mean section A, they are asking for section A?
Section A should have been sent to you by the embassy, at least that´s what they sent me. The people at the medicals also said that if theres not a section A you can bring your Appendix C.

mrscruz

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2012
Doc's Request.
PGR February 13,2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
December 11, 2012
Med's Done....
November 11, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 16,2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 24,2013
I thought section A is what the doctor gives to you. My husband has appendix C is he also supposed to bring section a? If so where does he get it?

muchacha

Star Member
Jan 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala.. now Mexico?
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
16-12-2012
File Transfer...
19-09-2012
WantToBeInCanada said:

PROCESSING TIME

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

as soon as possible
once visas are issued

If this is an AOR, then yay good news! When was your file transferred to Mexico? Any mention of extra documents that they need being that you are not from Mexico? Was it an email or a letter? Sorry for the million questions but I am curious & impatient :)

muchacha

Star Member
Jan 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala.. now Mexico?
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
16-12-2012
File Transfer...
19-09-2012
itscoezy said:
Well lol...
I didn't send them the information yet. I emailed them a few too many times to confirm if they had received the original part of my application as I didn't understand why they wanted more proof as what they were asking for, I thought we had already sent. I was just confused as to if i was sending all my original proof, or if they wanted extra. They kept giving me a general answer not confirming if they received the original documents. Anyways it turns out they called my SO and told him they wanted electricity and water bills in both of our names which we don't have as they wouldn't let me put my name on them when I moved here. So I emailed them to ask if we could send them anything else to satisfy their request as we didn't have those 2 bills. They responded with an interview request.... So I think I P*ssed them off.

Ugh... I hope we can redeem ourselves.
To me this sounds very positive - they are giving you an opportunity to show your amazing, genuine, real-life relationship in a way that cannot be conveyed through electricity bills ;)