11-26-12 - Common law declaration/PRG/SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa - 09-11-12 / DF 11-26-12
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
TSauretBaxter said:
That's frustrating!! I hope you can get everything done soon. You're only one step away now from being approved. You'll get there!!
Ya its a little frusturating, more so that I knew we needed this stuff and my lawyer told me no, makes me cringe when I think of how much money I have paid to him ! But most of it is easy to get except for his one daughter, her mother will not allow her to get the medical and will not give us a letter explaining why, so it leaves us in a bind, however she is a US citizen so she can still visit without doing the sponsorship side so may just have to do a declaration releasing her of future sponsorship, its a little sad really. I just hope we can get all the docs here in time, we all know how ridiculous it is to send stuff from Mexico. Anyhow havent even had a chance to talk to the fiance, he is at work, so hopefully we can figure it all out tonight ...

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
missmymexi said:
Ya its a little frusturating, more so that I knew we needed this stuff and my lawyer told me no, makes me cringe when I think of how much money I have paid to him ! But most of it is easy to get except for his one daughter, her mother will not allow her to get the medical and will not give us a letter explaining why, so it leaves us in a bind, however she is a US citizen so she can still visit without doing the sponsorship side so may just have to do a declaration releasing her of future sponsorship, its a little sad really. I just hope we can get all the docs here in time, we all know how ridiculous it is to send stuff from Mexico. Anyhow havent even had a chance to talk to the fiance, he is at work, so hopefully we can figure it all out tonight ...
Sorry to hear that missmymexi - other than the medical, is it forms that they want you to repeat? I hope you can get it done soon! :(

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
missmymexi said:
Well seems we are missing some documents, so we are now rushing around to collect them. Answers the question why they cancelled the AOR email. Recieved the email this morning. Kind of annoying because I asked my lawyer about these (documents for his daughters) worried that it may hold us up and they told me we didnt need them now and to wait. So annoyed, not even sure why I paid the guy at this point ! So we have till september 30th to get them to CIC but hoping we do it sooner than that, then we should finally be approved. Good grief !
I have seen people get approved very fast after getting the documents in. But I must say, I have read about so many lawyer screw ups on this forum! So not cool!

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
mc1234 said:
Sorry to hear that missmymexi - other than the medical, is it forms that they want you to repeat? I hope you can get it done soon! :(
They want the medicals for both of his daughters, which we were going to do when we did his but were advised not too !! Which is annoying since the one daughter was in mexico at that time but is now in the US. So yes just the medicals for the daughters and that is it (since we cannot get the one, we do have to sign and send a declaration form) everthing else is good to go, so it shouldnt cost us to much of a delay, maybe a month... I assume we will get approval as soon as they submitted.

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
canadiangirl78 said:
I have seen people get approved very fast after getting the documents in. But I must say, I have read about so many lawyer screw ups on this forum! So not cool!
I know I so regret every making the decision to hire a lawyer !! Being an ex legal assistant I could have managed the whole thing on my own far better than they have, the amount of mistakes I had to correct before the package went out and the ongoing mistakes are killing me. Worst part is I hired a lawyer that deals with the immigration matters at my office, he is very reputable (now wondering why!) and I have to deal with him at work on a weekly basis, so its a bit of a awkward situation. Oh well, this is truly minor in the grand scheme of things and will only set us back slightly, so I am still happy in the fact that our app is in process regardless :)

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
missmymexi said:
I know I so regret every making the decision to hire a lawyer !! Being an ex legal assistant I could have managed the whole thing on my own far better than they have, the amount of mistakes I had to correct before the package went out and the ongoing mistakes are killing me. Worst part is I hired a lawyer that deals with the immigration matters at my office, he is very reputable (now wondering why!) and I have to deal with him at work on a weekly basis, so its a bit of a awkward situation. Oh well, this is truly minor in the grand scheme of things and will only set us back slightly, so I am still happy in the fact that our app is in process regardless :)
well that is so not good missmymexi.....and the firm obviously missess your capable hands if you happened to correct all those ongoing mistakes....but that lawyer should have known medicals were needed for the daughters..... :(

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
missmymexi said:
Oh no! Well hopefully you can get those documents in asap and be on your way to mexico city!

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
That really sucks about the lawyer! they should have known that.
but than again i dont really have any faith in an immigration lawyers or consultants.

i emailed our consultant, informing her that our app was transfered april 5, and we have not received an AOR, or any email or correspondence from mexico city yet.
and all she wrote back was.
"its not the visa offices job to contact you once they received your application... cic website says processing time is 13 months, so dont expect to hear from them untill next spring"

which is clearly not right.. seeing as mexico city has to send you correspondence to get the pgr.. and most people dont wait 13 months to hear from them.

so now i dont really have any faith in her either.

seems like none of them really know everything they should..

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
LeisaP said:
but than again i dont really have any faith in an immigration lawyers or consultants.

i emailed our consultant, informing her that our app was transfered april 5, and we have not received an AOR, or any email or correspondence from mexico city yet.
"its not the visa offices job to contact you once they received your application... cic website says processing time is 13 months, so dont expect to hear from them untill next spring"

which is clearly not right.. seeing as mexico city has to send you correspondence to get the pgr.. and most people dont wait 13 months to hear from them.

Yep, agreed, if I had to do this again or give any one advice, I would definately tell them to do it themselves and not waste thier money !

TSauretBaxter

Jun 6, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 29-03-2012
Doc's Request.
PGR Aug 17-12
AOR Received.
Sponsorship Approved July 3-12/ Mexico AOR Aug 17/12
Med's Done....
February 2012
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Sept 12-12
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19-12
LANDED..........
Sept 21-12
LeisaP said:

Wow! That's terrible.

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
yup me too!.

i would say do it yourself. dont waste the money.
plus if you make any minor mistakes usually cic or the VO guides you through them anyways.

TSauretBaxter

Jun 6, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 29-03-2012
Doc's Request.
PGR Aug 17-12
AOR Received.
Sponsorship Approved July 3-12/ Mexico AOR Aug 17/12
Med's Done....
February 2012
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Sept 12-12
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19-12
LANDED..........
Sept 21-12
LeisaP said:
yup me too!.

i would say do it yourself. dont waste the money.
plus if you make any minor mistakes usually cic or the VO guides you through them anyways.
That's what I was thinking. At least for Step 1, you can call the CIC. They weren't always the most helpful, but I also imagine the help of a immigration laywer doesn't come cheap!

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
TSauretBaxter said:
That's what I was thinking. At least for Step 1, you can call the CIC. They weren't always the most helpful, but I also imagine the help of a immigration laywer doesn't come cheap!
yeah. and if your missing documents, or you forgot something. they dont deny you. they just contact you to send in the proper forms or extra stuff.

well ours was an immigration consultant. which we thought was very good because she had helped 4 of our other friends get permanent residence. and she herself sponsored her partner from france quite a few years back. so we figured well she went through the process she must be pretty good.

she only charged us $500. because she worked from her home and she was doing this to help people not to rip them off.

sooooo it seemed well worth it. but now i think i could have saved my $500 and did it on my own . lol

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
TSauretBaxter said:
I paid $5000 so far, that includes our fee's so $3960.00, makes my face turn red!!