Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Nessa said:
We got out sponsorship approval 2 months ago (Jan 31st) and haven´t heard from mexico yet....should we be worried or just need a little more patience?
You definitely shouldn't be worried. But you can email them. They typically respond in five days.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
I wish there was a Mexico spreadsheet. That would help a lot.

Americana In T.O.

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/12/2011
AOR Received.
10/04/2012
File Transfer...
30/01/2012
Med's Done....
01/10/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
21/08/2012
LANDED..........
24/08/2012 YAY!!!
Nessa said:
We got out sponsorship approval 2 months ago (Jan 31st) and haven´t heard from mexico yet....should we be worried or just need a little more patience?
Hey Nessa, we haven't heard anything yet either. I was thinking of giving it another 1 month and then following up.

susana

Nov 4, 2008
Nessa and Americana...it ussually takes from 6 to nine months to get all the process done from Mexico. It takes about 3 Months after the approval of the sponsorship to contact you. They will send you an e-mail with the file number and they will either request the police clearance or an interview. They will tell you that you will receive a letter with the instructions. (it takes forever to receive it if your address is out of Mexico or you will never get it) If they have doubts about the genuinty of your relationship you will be asked for an interview. Your process will be longer. If not, just to send the federal police clearance or any other documents missing.
After sending the federal police clearance or the documents to apply for it, it takes about four to six weeks to request your passport and pay the landing fee if it has not been paid. They will send your passport back in ten or 12 days. My advice...do not contact them now...be patient, the longest wait will be for you to get your file number and the request for the federal police clearance.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
susana said:
Nessa and Americana...it ussually takes from 6 to nine months to get all the process done from Mexico. It takes about 3 Months after the approval of the sponsorship to contact you. They will send you an e-mail with the file number and they will either request the police clearance or an interview. They will tell you that you will receive a letter with the instructions. (it takes forever to receive it if your address is out of Mexico or you will never get it) If they have doubts about the genuinty of your relationship you will be asked for an interview. Your process will be longer. If not, just to send the federal police clearance or any other documents missing.
After sending the federal police clearance or the documents to apply for it, it takes about four to six weeks to request your passport and pay the landing fee if it has not been paid. They will send your passport back in ten or 12 days. My advice...do not contact them now...be patient, the longest wait will be for you to get your file number and the request for the federal police clearance.
Can we send them a prepaid airway bill for them to use if they need to send any documents or instructions?

Do they use Mexico post?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiangirl78 said:
Can we send them a prepaid airway bill for them to use if they need to send any documents or instructions?

Do they use Mexico post?
You can try, but history indicates they don't use it and just use regular Mexican Post (yes, *sigh*)

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
OhCanadiana said:
You can try, but history indicates they don't use it and just use regular Mexican Post (yes, *sigh*)
Bummer. I'll try once we get a file number. We have an account with FedEx and won't be charged if they don't use it.

Another question - why would they request police clearance? Don't we all have to send it with our application in the beginning? My husband did FBI police clearance since he hasn't been in Mexico since he was 9.

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
I think in your case, Canadiangirl, your spouse wouldn't need one (but am not sure).

In my case for example, my SO has always lived in Mexico (until he came to join me in Canada to wait for PR) so he will need one for sure.

I think your record only starts when your 18 though.. I may be incorrect so don't take my word on it.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
mc1234 said:
I think in your case, Canadiangirl, your spouse wouldn't need one (but am not sure).

In my case for example, my SO has always lived in Mexico (until he came to join me in Canada to wait for PR) so he will need one for sure.

I think your record only starts when your 18 though.. I may be incorrect so don't take my word on it.
They didn't ask for anything our first time around. So why didn't you need to mail the police clearance with the application?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiangirl78 said:
They didn't ask for anything our first time around. So why didn't you need to mail the police clearance with the application?
In certain countries (incl. Mexico) you can't order your own federal police certificate (vs. the FBI for example). It is only supplied to other governments for official purposes so you need an official request document (original) from the Embassy in Mexico. The Canadian Embassy won't supply it until you are far enough along the process that it makes sense for them to do so, hence they mail it out after preliminary review of your application.

And then, if you live in Mexico, you have to go to the federal police's HQ (PGR) to place the request, then go get your fingerprints taken by their forensics department and then pick it up 10 days later. If you don't live in Mexico, the Canadian Embassy requests it on your behalf after you send them a bunch of docs.

So, be happy you won't need to do it since your husband hasn't lived in Mexico since he turned 18 - it will shorten your process, relatively speaking :)

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
OhCanadiana said:
In certain countries (incl. Mexico) you can't order your own federal police certificate (vs. the FBI for example). It is only supplied to other governments for official purposes so you need an official request document (original) from the Embassy in Mexico. The Canadian Embassy won't supply it until you are far enough along the process that it makes sense for them to do so, hence they mail it out after preliminary review of your application.

And then, if you live in Mexico, you have to go to the federal police's HQ (PGR) to place the request, then go get your fingerprints taken by their forensics department and then pick it up 10 days later. If you don't live in Mexico, the Canadian Embassy requests it on your behalf after you send them a bunch of docs.

So, be happy you won't need to do it since your husband hasn't lived in Mexico since he turned 18 - it will shorten your process, relatively speaking :)
Thank you for explaining. I really like learning everything I can about the immigration field. I'm an elementary teacher but am actually started to think I'd like to work in immigration.

So how much time do you think not having to do Mexican police clearance will save us?

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
SIGN IT !!WE NEED SUPPORT!

http://www.change.org/petitions/minister-of-citizenship-immigration-and-multiculturalism-improve-cic-s-poor-practice-in-dealing-with-immigration-applications-2

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
I think it varies depending on how long it takes to get the federal police check and how fast you can get it to the embassy

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
susana said:
Ohhh good to know! I feel a lot less paranoid now! Time is going by faster than what I thought! :D

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiangirl78 said:
Thank you for explaining. I really like learning everything I can about the immigration field. I'm an elementary teacher but am actually started to think I'd like to work in immigration.

So how much time do you think not having to do Mexican police clearance will save us?
Mailing time plus two weeks plus however long folks wait to do the process after they get the letter relative to others in the thread. Nothing for official statistics since the "stopwatch" goes on hold when they are waiting for responses outside their control.