+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico VO/Family Sponsor processing times?

PpalmeroMois

Mar 19, 2024
So we finally heard back on interview date July 11, he passed that.
We have received the passport invitation letter so now we are working on mailing the documents and passport.
The problem is that DR doesn’t stamp passports anymore so it has to go to SD by UPS then they will send to Mexico for stamping. I am hoping this process is quick and easy. Please pray for us!
Fyi you have to go to Scotia bank and pay the UPS fee then they send you email asking you for all the docs and return address. Once it’s all good they send the UPS tracking number. My worry is that they won’t send the passport back before August 15 and that’s when the medicinal expires!!!!

Reactions: MrsKMC

MrsKMC

May 4, 2024
So we finally heard back on interview date July 11, he passed that.
We have received the passport invitation letter so now we are working on mailing the documents and passport.
The problem is that DR doesn’t stamp passports anymore so it has to go to SD by UPS then they will send to Mexico for stamping. I am hoping this process is quick and easy. Please pray for us!
Fyi you have to go to Scotia bank and pay the UPS fee then they send you email asking you for all the docs and return address. Once it’s all good they send the UPS tracking number. My worry is that they won’t send the passport back before August 15 and that’s when the medicinal expires!!!!
We got our passport request also. By the grace of God we managed to bypass the interview. I've heard it can take 4 weeks for the passport to get to and from Mexico but dont worry..I have also seen multiple people say their medical was extended when things were finishing up around its expiry.

PpalmeroMois

Mar 19, 2024
Wow congrats to you! Btw UPS doesn’t do passport mailing so now he has to go and drop it off in SD and then pick it up. Oh really? That is great news a medical extension would be fantastic !!!

thanks for all the support !!

MrsKMC

May 4, 2024
Surely there must be another courier company you could use? Luckily my husband isnt too far out of Santo Domingo. He was going in person anyway. Wishing you a speedy rest of the process and that you are together again soon!

PpalmeroMois

Mar 19, 2024
This is the only one they said I could use. so I told him it’s better to go there and drop it off.
That’s very good for u ! I wish u all the luck as well!!

PpalmeroMois

Mar 19, 2024
Hey @MrsKMC any updates on your passport ? We got notification it was received at IRCC in Mexico July 31, crickets since then. Medical expiring on Aug 15 no news about extension or new medical req. today is 10 business days why is this office so damn slow it’s so frustrating !!!!! I called IRCC today and they advised to wait for the passport to come back and check the expiry date on it. This is beyond ridiculous and I’m feeling exhausted .

MrsKMC

May 4, 2024
Ours is showing as being recieved in Mexico on July 31 too, and same, nothing since then. I've seen people say that it can take about a month or 6 weeks in total to send it to Mexico and receive it back. I have also heard of some having their medical expiry extended.

PpalmeroMois

Mar 19, 2024
Hey ! Hope you are well any updates from you ? We haven’t heard back at all. I am currently trying to make a complaint to MP because the processing time online shows 10 months and it’s been 1.5 years such a drag !!!!! Hope u have better news !!!!

MrsKMC

May 4, 2024
Hey ! Hope you are well any updates from you ? We haven’t heard back at all. I am currently trying to make a complaint to MP because the processing time online shows 10 months and it’s been 1.5 years such a drag !!!!! Hope u have better news !!!!
Our passport tracking changed on August 19 to say it was on it's way back to Santo Domingo, but we have not received any notice that it is available to be picked up. I'm starting to wonder if it got lost along the way.

PpalmeroMois

Mar 19, 2024
Oh god I really hope not! Is your hubby able to call the VAC in DR to ask for an update ? Or maybe submit a web form?

do you know if that tracking number is available to search somewhere online or is it the automatic ones ?

where in Canada do you live ?

MrsKMC

May 4, 2024
Oh god I really hope not! Is your hubby able to call the VAC in DR to ask for an update ? Or maybe submit a web form?

do you know if that tracking number is available to search somewhere online or is it the automatic ones ?

where in Canada do you live ?
For now, we will give it some more time. We just hit the 1-month mark and I heard it can take up to 6 weeks. I'm not sure what they would be able to tell us anyway. It is probably sitting in a pile somewhere waiting to be scanned.

There is a tracking number. It was in the automatic emails that we recieved once the package was in the system.

I am in Alberta.

PpalmeroMois

Mar 19, 2024
Yeah fair enough! We have also hit 1 month mark. I’m glad you at least got notification that it’s on the way to SD!!! I am hoping to get an update soon! They r replying to the web form faster than before so that’s great.

I appreciate all the replies it gives me hope !!

MrsKMC

May 4, 2024
You're very welcome. We all need hope in this situation.

Just an FYI, we never recieved an email when the passport left Mexico. I only found out by the tracker. You should look yours up and see if yours is on the way back also.