+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexican dentist.. where to start.. want girlfriend to come to Canada

drumbeat

Dec 7, 2009
HI,
I have a girlfriend in Mexico who I am going to see in two weeks (she is a dentist there). I would like to advise her on how she can apply to work in Canada if she decides she wants to. I hope to possibly marry her. I would just like to know more about the likelihood of her coming here first as a professional. I know there may be many hurdles, but can anyone give any suggestion about how I can start this process?
Is it a good step for her to become a dental hygienist first here. I understand she really loves her job as a dentist there. I want to know the likelihood of her practicing here. Would she have to go back to school? What kind of questions can I ask her? What kind of English testing does she have to pass?
Actually I am an English teacher here, so I could help her with that, but I know little about all the legalities with dentists from abroad getting certifications. maybe she would work with the spanish communities here?
thanks if you have any advice

ELAR

Oct 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2009
Doc's Request.
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
April 28, 2010
File Transfer...
In process at Buffalo: Aug 17, 2010
Med's Request
Oct 27, 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 4, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 24, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 26, 2011
LANDED..........
May 26, 2011
check www.cic.gc.ca and tell her to make the elegible tool test.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The Canadian Dental association should be able to help you with the requirements for her to get licensed to work as a dentist in Canada, see http://www.cda-adc.ca/

Immigrating could be a bit of a hurdle. She has to find an immigration class she qualifies for. If she has at least 67 points on skilled worker self assessment, she still needs a job offer which can be hard to get. Same with a provincial nominee program.

She could get a NAFTA visa, see http://www.canadavisa.com/nafta-temporary-work-permit-canada.html if she has a job offer but again, need to get a job offer and there's a question if it would be allowed if she is not licensed to work as a dentist in Canada yet.

shraddanand

Nov 18, 2015
she can apply for ndeb.ca following with licensing exams. initially she can apply for AFK exams following with ACS and ACJ once cleared all exams. she she take OSCE exams rolling with registration in which provicence she wanna practice..hope it helped u..