+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mewar University - MCA is valid degree for Canada?

NitalPatel

Mar 9, 2018
Ahmedabad
Visa Office......
Ahmedabad
Is the MCA from Mewar University from Rajasthan is the valid degree for Canada?

Means can we get approval from WEC?

Can I put my file for express entry or PNP Program?

Reactions: sukhmeet kour

thinkingtoapply

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......

1 I think yes, as the following statement is taken from WES website and it says that they refer UGC and Mewar University is affiliated to UGC.

Each application is reviewed individually: WES refers to official ministries in India such as University Grants Commission (UGC), All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), and other government entities as sources for accreditation.

2 I think U meant WES, so yes, they will give you Canadian equivalency

3 You need to get WES equivalency and IELTS score, following which you can make an EE profile and receive Invitation to Apply (ITA) for express entry. (My knowledge is not so good for PNP stream, so I wont make any assumptions. Some senior member will answer you for the same)

If you want to check howmuch you will score on CRS, you can check that here
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

aman.alam

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Bangalore
As @thinkingtoapply said, WES refers to UGC for assessment, and since Mewar University is registered with UGC, it should be recognized by WES.
It's not about approving or not approving.
WES does the assessment of your education, and tells you which Canadian Degree your education is equal to.

djniks07

Sep 5, 2018
Hi... have you done with your WES?
If yes then what is the institution status? I mean it's recognized institution or not?

Bck971

Nov 16, 2018

1 I think yes, as the following statement is taken from WES website and it says that they refer UGC and Mewar University is affiliated to UGC.

Each application is reviewed individually: WES refers to official ministries in India such as University Grants Commission (UGC), All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), and other government entities as sources for accreditation.

2 I think U meant WES, so yes, they will give you Canadian equivalency

3 You need to get WES equivalency and IELTS score, following which you can make an EE profile and receive Invitation to Apply (ITA) for express entry. (My knowledge is not so good for PNP stream, so I wont make any assumptions. Some senior member will answer you for the same)

If you want to check howmuch you will score on CRS, you can check that here
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
Are you sure mewar university education will be evaluated by WES?

djniks07

Sep 5, 2018
Yes Mewar University is recognized but they will give 1-year post-graduate diploma equivalency to MBA(Regular)(2 years)

Nov 16, 2019

Could you please tell us to get transcripts from Mewar, do we need to provide only degree and marksheet or also 10th and 12 certificates original?

Nov 16, 2019
Yes Mewar University is recognized but they will give 1-year post-graduate diploma equivalency to MBA(Regular)(2 years)
Could you please tell us to get transcripts from Mewar, do we need to provide only degree and marks sheet or also 10th and 12 certificates original?

Milan Desai

Oct 17, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......

Don't want to burst your bubble but after 2018, WES only considered master from IIM And IIT! I think you'll still get marks from two and more degree with your master :)

Saman52767

Mar 8, 2021
I have done bachelor's in computer science and it is verified as 4 years degree by wes.
Now i have done MCA from mewar university, will it be considered as Masters by Wes for canada.