App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
On the form after you receive the ITA, there is a question which asks 'Have you ever suffered from any mental illness?' If the applicant has had problems with clinical depression before, should those be declared on the application form? Or are CIC looking for issues along the lines of schizophrenia, and the like?

Any answers on this would be appreciated.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Clinical depression is a form of mental illness so answer Yes. This will also need to be disclosed to the doctor when you go for medicals. Insignificant detail though.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Thank you!
When i went for my upfront medicals, the doctor did not ask me about any previous mental conditions- I was asked about any previous conditions, to which I truthfully answered with 'Bronchitis/asthma,' but I had not realized mental illnesses would fall under this purview too. If I mention this in the application, but did not mention this in the medicals, will it cause a problem?

guillefranco73

Oct 26, 2015
Dominican Republic
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aragorn165 said:
On the form after you receive the ITA, there is a question which asks 'Have you ever suffered from any mental illness?' If the applicant has had problems with clinical depression before, should those be declared on the application form? Or are CIC looking for issues along the lines of schizophrenia, and the like?

I had that doubt myself because I am diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder, which is a non-serious mental illness. You should consult with your psychiatrist about your situation and disclose everything when you have your medicals done. I don´t think clinical depression is serious, but just to be clear, I am no doctor.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aragorn165 said:
Thank you!
When i went for my upfront medicals, the doctor did not ask me about any previous mental conditions- I was asked about any previous conditions, to which I truthfully answered with 'Bronchitis/asthma,' but I had not realized mental illnesses would fall under this purview too. If I mention this in the application, but did not mention this in the medicals, will it cause a problem?
Are you under medication now? If not (and if this was purely in the past with no effects currently), you can answer No to that question in the post ITA form given that it wasn't covered under Medicals as well.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
guillefranco73 said:
I had that doubt myself because I am diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder, which is a non-serious mental illness. You should consult with your psychiatrist about your situation and disclose everything when you have your medicals done. I don´t think clinical depression is serious, but just to be clear, I am no doctor.
Thank you for the answer!

Asivad Anac said:
Are you under medication now? If not (and if this was purely in the past with no effects currently), you can answer No to that question in the post ITA form given that it wasn't covered under Medicals as well.
I am not under any medication for anything currently- not even for bronchitis/asthma, actually.
Should I still mention the conditions on the form?
Sorry for asking so many questions!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aragorn165 said:
Thank you for the answer!
I am not under any medication for anything currently- not even for bronchitis/asthma, actually.
Should I still mention the conditions on the form?
Sorry for asking so many questions!
Answer No.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Asivad Anac said:
Answer No.
Alright, I will do that.
Thanks so much for the help!

Honeyaustin

Jun 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aragorn165 said:
Alright, I will do that.
Thanks so much for the help!
dont mention if you are fine now and it doesn't come in your recent medical exam

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Honeyaustin said:
dont mention if you are fine now and it doesn't come in your recent medical exam
Yeah, I have not been on medication for anything in, well, a long time now.
I will answer no then!
Thanks again, everyone

SoCloseToHome

Aug 13, 2015
Hey guys,

I have the following situation.

My better half was diagnosed with depression about 3 years ago and has been using medication since then. This was disclosed to the MD while doing the medical and after some time after submission we uncovered that we need to do an additional test "106 Psychiatrist's report Required".

So we went to the psychiatrist and the following was discussed:
1) Prone to depression
2) Not a risk to society
3) Able to work without interference.
4) No other issues where raised.

Would this be grounds for rejection of PR?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SoCloseToHome said:
Hey guys,

I have the following situation.

My better half was diagnosed with depression about 3 years ago and has been using medication since then. This was disclosed to the MD while doing the medical and after some time after submission we uncovered that we need to do an additional test "106 Psychiatrist's report Required".

So we went to the psychiatrist and the following was discussed:
1) Prone to depression
2) Not a risk to society
3) Able to work without interference.
4) No other issues where raised.

Would this be grounds for rejection of PR?
No.

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
Hi,

Check this link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/pp/pdf/IMEI_Psychiatric_conditions.pdf

May be you can get answers from physician on a letter around risk to Canadian society and level of increased burden-not sure though-just check the link as it might give you some ideas....

frank_slade

Oct 4, 2016
Aragorn165 said:

Hi Aragorn165,

I've seen in your signature timeline that you passed the medical exams. Did you have any problems? Would you mind if I asked you about your previous conditions, and what questions the doctor asked you? I've tried to MP you, but my account is new and I have no access. If you prefer to MP me, feel free to do so. Thanks.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
frank_slade said:
Hi Aragorn165,

I've seen in your signature timeline that you passed the medical exams. Did you have any problems? Would you mind if I asked you about your previous conditions, and what questions the doctor asked you? I've tried to MP you, but my account is new and I have no access. If you prefer to MP me, feel free to do so. Thanks.
PM'd you