+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mental Illness and Depression

Ladyza

Jul 12, 2016
Hey guys,

I have the following situation.

My better half was diagnosed with depression about 3 years ago and has been using medication since then. This was disclosed to the MD while doing the medical and after some time after submission we uncovered that we need to do an additional test "106 Psychiatrist's report Required".

So we went to the psychiatrist and the following was discussed:
1) Prone to depression
2) Not a risk to society
3) Able to work without interference.
4) No other issues where raised.

Would this be grounds for rejection of PR?
Hi SoCloseToHome
Did the fact that your partner have a mental illnesses;disadvantage you in any way or form?

dishant.dev

Feb 27, 2018
I am in similar situation. My wife is primary applicant. I am under medication for depression which i have disclosed during medical examination. My depression is under control. Can I be denied PR on this basis? I thought it wouldn't be wise to hide anything. Kindly reply. Thanks in advance.

Cooldeepu1

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Application filled on 2 nd November 2018 waiting hopefully for ITA in the next draw in November 18.
I am in similar situation. My wife is primary applicant. I am under medication for depression which i have disclosed during medical examination. My depression is under control. Can I be denied PR on this basis? I thought it wouldn't be wise to hide anything. Kindly reply. Thanks in advance.
Any answers for this? I am in the exact same situation! Are there chances of my application getting rejected?

Reactions: akshaybagga9

rayat137

Jun 16, 2019
Hi I have same situation. I am currently on anti-depressant and disclosed it to panel physician. Should I answer yes to this question?

Diamond42

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Hi everyone,

In 2019 when I went for medicals, I disclosed to the PP that I did have some issues with depression (mainly because I couldnt get a job after school) and she said it was no problem, and I passed my medicals (IRCC sent the notification). My PR was refused though (because of wrong NOC - CEC) and it caused depression and i was hospitalized (the Doctor gave me a form 42 to fill, which I did, and was going to keep me for 72 hours but they let me go the next morning as it wasnt severe). I am now I am about to re-apply again (got an ITA already). I have never been on medication, so I answered NO in the post ITA for the question about mental disorder. Is this going to be a problem?

TIA for your replies

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

In 2019 when I went for medicals, I disclosed to the PP that I did have some issues with depression (mainly because I couldnt get a job after school) and she said it was no problem, and I passed my medicals (IRCC sent the notification). My PR was refused though (because of wrong NOC - CEC) and it caused depression and i was hospitalized (the Doctor gave me a form 42 to fill, which I did, and was going to keep me for 72 hours but they let me go the next morning as it wasnt severe). I am now I am about to re-apply again (got an ITA already). I have never been on medication, so I answered NO in the post ITA for the question about mental disorder. Is this going to be a problem?

TIA for your replies
You need to be upfront about your previous admission of depression and psychiatric hold.