+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Memorial University of Newfoundland

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Though I've posted this earlier, but still thought of putting up fresh post for future applicants.

I'm currently studying in Memorial University of Newfoundland.

Let me know who is planning to come and who has been granted a visa/ submitting an application for the Fall/Winter Semesters 2013.

Plus, drop in if you are joining MUN in Summer 2013 (not very far at all)

If you need any help, let me know and I would try my best to sort things out to the best of resources I have.

Best of Luck Everyone!!

PS: Since I'm from Pakistan, here is the Facebook Page link for the Pakistani Students Association here.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/psa.mun/

All the best guys!! :)

rasel

Apr 23, 2011
Canada.
Visa Office......
VFS Singapore
App. Filed.......
20-05-2013
IELTS Request
7 (L: 7.5, R, W: 6.5, S: 7)
File Transfer...
27-05-2013
Med's Request
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-06-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2013
LANDED..........
30-08-2013
Dear a_a_d,

Today my online status of Memorial University of Newfoundland application portal changed to "Decision made". But they didn't mention anything about what the decision is..!! How can I know about my acceptance or reject?

Please help.

focalpoint

Apr 5, 2013
Hi a_a_d,

I have Bsc Agriculture (Hons.) degree from India gpa 8.31/10 in the year 2002 . Cleared gmat , ielts & have got almost 10 yrs of sales , marketing & business development experience with Nestle & Vodafone in India. I am planning to enrol in MBA in Canada - Can you kindly suggest which MBA will provide me the best opportunity in terms employment , job prospects , academic reputation in Canada or internationally ? I want to work in Management Consulting/ marketing/ leadership/ strategy/ brand management jobs ?

1) Memorial University Of Newfoundland MBA (relatively low cost - but post graduation employment & recognition market value in Newfoundland , Toronto or entire Canada - Is there a scope for campus recruitment ? What duration work permit available after passing MBA from Memorial ?

2) University of Calgary Haskayne MBA employment prospects - compared to Memorial ?

3) University Of Victoria(Peter B Gustavson School Of Business) , BC Canada MBA compared to Memorial ?

4) Saint Mary University Sobey MBA ?

5) University OF Alberta -MBA ?

Which is the best one ?

What can be base minimum pay for fresh mba pass outs of memorial ?

Kindly reply

thanks

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Rasel:

Email the university "School of Graduate Studies" and request them a scanned copy of your admission status letter. Tell them that you need it for submitting a visa as the visa process takes time. I did the same and they sent me a scanned copy of my acceptance letter.

Remember that you cannot use the scanned copy for a visa application. You will have to wait for the original letter.

Thanks.

@Focal Point: I'll get back to you in a day or two. :)

rasel

Apr 23, 2011
Canada.
Visa Office......
VFS Singapore
App. Filed.......
20-05-2013
IELTS Request
7 (L: 7.5, R, W: 6.5, S: 7)
File Transfer...
27-05-2013
Med's Request
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-06-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2013
LANDED..........
30-08-2013
a_a_d said:
@ Rasel:

Email the university "School of Graduate Studies" and request them a scanned copy of your admission status letter. Tell them that you need it for submitting a visa as the visa process takes time. I did the same and they sent me a scanned copy of my acceptance letter.

Remember that you cannot use the scanned copy for a visa application. You will have to wait for the original letter.
Thanks.

Yesterday I got email from Andrew Kimv (Director, Graduate Enrollment Services) congratulating me about accepting my admission in Memorial University of Newfoundland. She send a scan copy attached with that email.

She told me that the original letter has been sent to my permanent mailing address by regular mail. They took 2-6 weeks for the delivery of the letter. Now waiting for my original one.

I got acceptance from uRegina too. Can u please suggest me which uni will be better for me comparing living status, PR facility, environment, part-time job etc.? uRegina or Memorial Uni?

Basit_baig

Apr 17, 2013
@a_a_d

Really good to see a pakistani student offering the helping hand , thankx for that first.

I have also been offered the admission in MUN mba for fall 2013 and they have sent me a letter and told me that I should receive them in 2-6 weeks but even after almost 2 months I have not received any letter as of now . can you please tell me how many days did it take you to receive the letter?
But I do have a scanned copy of that letter so can I apply for study permit with that letter i:e with that scanned copy as I do not have the origioanl letter as of now?

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Basit,
1. No you should NOT apply for the Visa or TRV with a Scanned Copy. Dont do that.
2. It normally takes 50 - 70 days for the letter to arrive so dont worry, you'll be getting it any day now. If there is a problem, just let me know and I can go to the graduate office and check. But Im just saying to wait because it takes this much time since they send it as a regular mail. And trust me, St. John's is far :p

rajanprash

Apr 20, 2013
Basit_baig said:
@ a_a_d

Really good to see a pakistani student offering the helping hand , thankx for that first.

I have also been offered the admission in MUN mba for fall 2013 and they have sent me a letter and told me that I should receive them in 2-6 weeks but even after almost 2 months I have not received any letter as of now . can you please tell me how many days did it take you to receive the letter?
But I do have a scanned copy of that letter so can I apply for study permit with that letter i:e with that scanned copy as I do not have the origioanl letter as of now?
Hi Basit_baig, I am also on the same boat as you are.
Have received the scanned copy of letter of admission from SGS(School of Graduate Studies).
Waiting for the Hard Copies to arrive by mail, so that i can go ahead and do the rest of the process.
Have you sent the ACCEPT/DECLINE form back to them.
Get in touch, email me at rajanprash@gmail.com.

Basit_baig

Apr 17, 2013
Thanks a_a_d for the information that was really good to know and I guess I do not have any option but waiting I have asked the university to courier me the admission letter but they have simply refused to do that even when I was ready to pay for the courier services , I was worried with the regular mail as both , the Canadian post and the Pakistan post have no information about the status of the letter.
Is there a way to receive that letter through courier?

@ rajanprash

bro I have emailed them the ACCEPT/DECLINE form in march and they have confirmed me the receipt of that form but now I am waiting for the admission letter to go for the visa and just keeping my fingers crossed and praying for the letter so that I can apply for study permit.

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you're really in a hurry, an alternate is that you send me an authorization letter with an e-signature (just take a picture of your signature and paste it at the bottom with your name) along with your Student ID details that MUN has provided you and I can take a duplicate of the original letter and send it to you via DHL/UPS/FedEX or something. It takes a week max to reach Pakistan. Thats what I did, I asked a friend to send the duplicate to me and I applied on that. (Though I got the regular mail after 2 days of applying - It would have been okay if I had waited)

You can transfer me the courier charges and I can send the letter to you if this is the last option left.

Basit_baig

Apr 17, 2013
@a_a_d

Thanks a lot bro that would be a great help .
Can you please tell me if there is some kind of template provided by the MUN for that Authorization letter?or I have to compile it on my on

Arij

Mar 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Assalm-o-Alikum Ali bhai,

I am having problem in payment of fee. In order to transfer fee online i want bank address and no one is responding to my mail at MUN. Can you help??

immi83

Apr 17, 2013
Assalam O Alikum Bhai jan,

Love to see you guys here. I have completed 2 years BCOM in 2007 from University of Karachi. I asked a consultant here he says you cannot go to canada because of gap in students but I dont think this should be an issue. Can you guys here recommend a good consultant.

Thanks.
Babur

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Basit_baig said:
@ a_a_d

Thanks a lot bro that would be a great help .
Can you please tell me if there is some kind of template provided by the MUN for that Authorization letter?or I have to compile it on my on

Just write in a general format:

"To whom it may concern:

Please consider this letter as an authorization for Ali Ahmed Dawood, MUN ID: 201193901, to collect the admission letter on my behalf. My credentials are given below:

1. Your Name
2. Your MUN ID.
3. The Degree in which you have been enrolled in.

Thank You & Regards,
SIGNATURE. NAME. DATE""

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Arij said:
Assalm-o-Alikum Ali bhai,

I am having problem in payment of fee. In order to transfer fee online i want bank address and no one is responding to my mail at MUN. Can you help??
Are you applying for a Masters Program? .. http://www.mun.ca/sgs/contacts/sgscontacts.php

This is the link of contacts. Email Andrew Kim, I guess thats the person who deals with the Fee and he will let you know the details.

@Immi: ... Whats your profile ??