+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Memorial University of Newfoundland

artemis

Dec 26, 2013
I was planning to apply for masters in oil and gas engineering at Newfoundland..I was wondering if someone could clarify a few things:

1) What is the difference Between MSc and MEng in Oil and gas... I thought MSc is purely course based while MEng is research based? Is this so? Which one is easier to get into?

2) What are the job prospects for graduates from this program? is it tough for international students to get jobs after this course?

3) what is the tuition fee per semester for this course? I read that you have to pay around 16,000 CD upfront in the 1st semester for this course.. is this true?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

chiranjeev

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Dear a_a_d,

How much time Memorial University take to declare the admission result for Meng and MEM program? Plz reply! :)

Regards!

h_s_k

Star Member
Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
artemis said:
I was planning to apply for masters in oil and gas engineering at Newfoundland..I was wondering if someone could clarify a few things:

1) What is the difference Between MSc and MEng in Oil and gas... I thought MSc is purely course based while MEng is research based? Is this so? Which one is easier to get into?

2) What are the job prospects for graduates from this program? is it tough for international students to get jobs after this course?

3) what is the tuition fee per semester for this course? I read that you have to pay around 16,000 CD upfront in the 1st semester for this course.. is this true?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)
Dear artemis,
May be this will clarify few things at your part
1)MASc is a course based program which do not require a supervisor. You take courses, appear in exams and complete a project at the end. Whereas MEng is a research based program which requires a supervisor and under his supervision you have to complete a research thesis. Admission to both these programs depends upon your profile but my personnel opinion is that admission to a course based program is easier.

2)For MASc, the total fee is around 22000 CAD. 16000 CAD is a special fee which needs to be paid in Sem 1 and Sem2.

(*Note: All this information is provided on basis of my personnel knowledge, I havent yet landed to MUN)

Regards

h_s_k

Star Member
Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chiranjeev said:
Dear a_a_d,

How much time Memorial University take to declare the admission result for Meng and MEM program? Plz reply! :)

Regards!
Dear Chirna,
MUN usually takes 1 - 3 months after the relevant deadline.

chiranjeev

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
h_s_k said:
Dear Chirna,
MUN usually takes 1 - 3 months after the relevant deadline.
Thnks Brother! It means if deadline is 1st April then result will be announced after 1-3 months from April :eek:

artemis

Dec 26, 2013
h_s_k said:
Dear artemis,
May be this will clarify few things at your part
1)MASc is a course based program which do not require a supervisor. You take courses, appear in exams and complete a project at the end. Whereas MEng is a research based program which requires a supervisor and under his supervision you have to complete a research thesis. Admission to both these programs depends upon your profile but my personnel opinion is that admission to a course based program is easier.

2)For MASc, the total fee is around 22000 CAD. 16000 CAD is a special fee which needs to be paid in Sem 1 and Sem2.

(*Note: All this information is provided on basis of my personnel knowledge, I havent yet landed to MUN)

Regards
Thank you, h_s_k :)

Does anyone know anything about the job prospects for graduates from oil and gas engineering masters program??

h_s_k

Star Member
Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From what I have read and heard from various sources is that the Govt. of NL is investing a huge amount in the oil and gas sector now. So, lets hope that it brings up a wide job market.

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HSK is right. NL is growing rapidly in terms of Oil & Gas. Specially Offshore. So MAsc Oil and Gas is a very wise program to get into.

engrfarhan16

Nov 17, 2014
Saudi Arabia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Jeddah
Dear a_a_d,

My name is Farhan. Graduated in 2004 in Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
Planning to do MBA in Memorial University. Also interested to do Master of Applied Sciences in Oil and Gas.

Would like to know in deep about their MBA-Full Time programmer for example which books and how many books will be there to study and pass the exam? Total cost of Tution Fees per year.
Is it possible to get the list of books name online from MBA student, so that it is easy to do MBA mentally well prepared.
How tough is their study?
How is their exam? Is it based on memory for example essay writing or multiple choice question and answers?

The same would like to know about Master of Applied Scirnces/MSc. Oil and gas.

Thanks

Best Regards

Farhan

Mar 8, 2018
Jeddah
Course Applied: Diploma in Business Administration
Present Application Status:Still on waiting
VISA Status (if already applied):

I applied on April 2018 for the Fall intake 2018, I send them my documents through email, they respond me that we dont accept the documents from you through email. I completed my study from UK and currently i am residing in Saudi Arabia,,I am confused that what i can do,,need assistance,

Ichetangoud

May 29, 2018
I have completed my bachelors degree in mechanical engineering from India , I am intersted in meng in mechanical from university of new foundland

My profile
Be mech- 62%(four years)
12th- 74%
10th- 90.80%
Ielts- 6.5 bands overall.

What are my chances ???