+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Memorial University of Newfoundland

bobdylan

May 8, 2013
MFAhad said:
MEng program is not research based program it is coursed based. MSc programs are research based programs. You won't need any supervisor for MEng you will just have to wait for the decision. If you have applied for MSc or Phd then you will need supervisors.
I checked the university's page and it says "MEng – The MEng program involves courses and a thesis, and can be completed in two years of full-time study." and "MASc – The MASc in Computer Engineering and Environmental Systems and Engineering Management involves courses only and can be completed in less than two years of full-time study."So its pretty clear that M.Eng is a research based program and requires a supervisor and its the other way around in other universities which can cause some confusion!!" :eek:

MFAhad

Dec 16, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
Med's Request
24-01-2014
Med's Done....
29-01-2014
Passport Req..
Submitted With Application
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2014
bobdylan said:
I checked the university's page and it says "MEng – The MEng program involves courses and a thesis, and can be completed in two years of full-time study." and "MASc – The MASc in Computer Engineering and Environmental Systems and Engineering Management involves courses only and can be completed in less than two years of full-time study."So its pretty clear that M.Eng is a research based program and requires a supervisor and its the other way around in other universities which can cause some confusion!!" :eek:
Hmm. In that case you can't get admission without a supervisor. Because research based programs requires you to get in touch with a supervisor first. Still not sure why this explanation makes you think you will require a supervisor for admission.

Aruma

Sep 25, 2009
Received rejection decision from Memorial with online status Decision Made.
Student applied for MEng in Mechanical with 81% marks in BTech... They said to wait for official letter but student insisted to reply with accepted or not accepted and they said NOT ACCEPTED :eek: probably due to No supervisor

ranaateeq

Sep 20, 2013
bobdylan said:
Yes you are right, MEng is research based for Memorial. I also sent email to a supervisor but never heard back from him. And as decision has already been made so now it's useless to try contacting any other supervisor. I am worried about the decision :'(

ranaateeq

Sep 20, 2013
Aruma said:
Student applied for MEng in Mechanical with 81% marks in BTech... They said to wait for official letter but student insisted to reply with accepted or not accepted and they said NOT ACCEPTED :eek: probably due to No supervisor
To whom you contacted to know the decision. Can you please share the email address of the person?

bobdylan

May 8, 2013
MFAhad said:
Hmm. In that case you can't get admission without a supervisor. Because research based programs requires you to get in touch with a supervisor first. Still not sure why this explanation makes you think you will require a supervisor for admission.
Well its clearly written in their page that u need a supervisor in place for research programs but before applying they told me that they'll seek supervisors and i can seek on my own as well.So this supervisor thing almost becomes mandatory to get into research programs..wonder if l'll get one!! !!!

VetDoctor

Jan 17, 2014
AOA to all bro and sis...

I have some queries regarding Admission requirement for M.Sc (Biochemistry) in MUN.

They state that " Official documents (originals or copies certified by the issuing institution) must be provided and sent directly by the issuing institution for all universities attended from which a degree was earned or transfer credits were awarded."

I contacted my university and they told me that we can only give u a covering letter, u should enclosed this letter along with ur documents and sent it yourself to MUN. Is it ok ?

Secondly, they state that "All letters must be submitted directly to our office by the referee. Applicants should send a link to the letter of appraisal form in an email to their referee and include in the email their full name, date of birth."
Can anybody explain what " applicant should sent a link" means ? How can i sent a link.

Thirdly they state that " IELTS result should be sent by the examination center/authority" .. BUT i've taken IELTS in December and they've clearly mentioned in IELTS application form that if you want to sent ur result to univ then mention those in application. As I haven't applied to MUN at that time therefore i didn't mention MUN. But now they'll not send my result to MUN. if i submit IELTS result along with my documents, will they accept it OR not?

THANK YOU

baijuthomas

Oct 17, 2013
Hi AAD,

Thanks for all the info , Can you advise the scholarship reqs in MUN currently please ? if you have been given admissions and asked to pay the 2K cad , then when do actually apply to see if you are eligible for scholarships ? any links please ? specific to the petroleum masters engineering course this is ? Many Thanks .

ranaateeq

Sep 20, 2013
VetDoctor said:

I have some queries regarding Admission requirement for M.Sc (Biochemistry) in MUN.

They state that " Official documents (originals or copies certified by the issuing institution) must be provided and sent directly by the issuing institution for all universities attended from which a degree was earned or transfer credits were awarded."

I contacted my university and they told me that we can only give u a covering letter, u should enclosed this letter along with ur documents and sent it yourself to MUN. Is it ok ?

Secondly, they state that "All letters must be submitted directly to our office by the referee. Applicants should send a link to the letter of appraisal form in an email to their referee and include in the email their full name, date of birth."
Can anybody explain what " applicant should sent a link" means ? How can i sent a link.

Thirdly they state that " IELTS result should be sent by the examination center/authority" .. BUT i've taken IELTS in December and they've clearly mentioned in IELTS application form that if you want to sent ur result to univ then mention those in application. As I haven't applied to MUN at that time therefore i didn't mention MUN. But now they'll not send my result to MUN. if i submit IELTS result along with my documents, will they accept it OR not?

THANK YOU
I asked memorial university about these statements when I applied for MEng. I was in the exact same situation as you are now, and they said you can send notarized copies by yourself.

VetDoctor

Jan 17, 2014
ranaateeq said:
I asked memorial university about these statements when I applied for MEng. I was in the exact same situation as you are now, and they said you can send notarized copies by yourself.
Thank you very much brother.
what is the status of your application ?
what are the chances of getting admission without supervisor ? is it zero % or a little above :(

Ghufrankhan

Nov 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-14
File Transfer...
21-01-14
Med's Request
06-02-14
Med's Done....
12-2-14
Passport Req..
submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
24-2-14
LANDED..........
16-07-14
VetDoctor said:
Thank you very much brother.
what is the status of your application ?
what are the chances of getting admission without supervisor ? is it zero % or a little above :(
I think its always better to have a supervisor not mandatory.

nickmarques

Star Member
Apr 5, 2012
Aruma said:

Could someone tell me is MEM research based? I was under the impression that it isnt.

Kindly advise

bobdylan

May 8, 2013
VetDoctor said:

THANK YOU
Regarding referees report... you can download the file and send the file as an attachment to the referee and ask them fill it out and send to respective faculty via email!

and regarding IELTS you can send the copies initially on a condition that u'll submit official scores after getting offer or you can send the official scores right away but it'll cost u some money!!