+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Memorial University of Newfoundland

jibz

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Hi a_a_d,

How would you explain the employment after graduation in NFL? :) any issues with the grads of Masters in Engg. (any engg.)? or they have to look at Alberta & Saskatchewan for this ?

chanchalkc

May 7, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Cocin
jibz said:
Hi K.C,

Whats your profile ? Also, I would suggest to make followups on your application. AS per my info decisions were made couple of months ago, somewhere in Feb/ March. They have a facebook page you can put ur queries on it, however better to send them a direct email. In my case when they delayed in replying I had given them direct phone calls.
Dear Jibz,

Good day to you and thank you for your message .

Iam a Marine Surveyor in a classification society , Vice head of the office.
(Naval Architect by Degree , Worked as a Naval Architect and Sailed as Marine Engineer before joining the current position.)

Was really surprised at first when they told me that the last date of application is on April 30 th (thought I missed the deadline.)

I am also in constant contact with Nie Jinhua (Graduate assistant officer , MUN) . She did give me a hint that the decision on my application will be

taken by may Mid.Was exploring the MUN and Ali bhai is giving valuable inputs . Thought of getting First hand info (if an admit is on the cards).

Me too Analysed Pro's n Cons , Alberta / calgary is the safe bet , But for my degree / Experience MUN is the BEST option .

Please add me on facebook . I have already posted a query on MUN Grad page.

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cooltoad said:
hi guys i got an admit from conestoga college for july intake so can i transfer to MUN for masters in oil and gas after i reach canada.......i did my engg in electrical and electronics(academics were not so good) and got overall 7.0 in ielts so wat r my chances????????
The Masters is Oil & Gas Engineering at MUN is a very competitive course because NFL is going on an increasing development trend of Oil & Gas and many offshore and both onshore projects are currently going on here so you can imagine the demand that is going to be there once they are about to enter the production phase. I know there is a refinery here that is currently under construction and a few oil platforms operating too. So I guess you should contact MUN first so that you can plan accordingly.

I personally think you would manage that since you're taking a course-based program. :) Best of Luck!

JIBZ! This answers your question too :) .. But you know you NFL cannot beat Alberta in Oil & Gas! :D

cooltoad

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
@ a_a_d or any seniors could you suggest me any college or university offering this oil and gas program(post graduate or masters) for the September intake considering my profile......

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cooltoad said:
@ a_a_d or any seniors could you suggest me any college or university offering this oil and gas program(post graduate or masters) for the September intake considering my profile......
Unfortunately, there are just a few Reputed Universities in Canada that Offer courses related to Oil & Gas.

1. University of Alberta
2. University of Calgary
3. Memorial University of Newfoundland

These are the one's I know. University of Alberta makes you apply for a Preliminary Application for review before they accept you to submit a formal detailed application. (I did do it and I got cleared but I didnt apply for the detailed application).

If you want to do a coursework program, try MUN and Calgary.

osamaobz

Mar 26, 2012
hi a_a_d

I have done my B.Eng from NED University, Karachi in Petrochemical Engineering. My undergraduate percentage is 70.45% (3.4 CGPA)
Have applied in Regina this fall and willing to apply in MUN

So can you suggest me what are my chances of admission in Regina and in MUN as well ? also give me some details about MUN I heard that there is only one intake in the whole year in MUN

Can you share me your profile a_a_d

osamaobz

Mar 26, 2012
a_a_d

I am willing to apply in M.Eng in Oil and Gas Engineering ..

a_a_d what is your undergraduate percentage ?

furqanali59

Feb 29, 2012
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
10-12-2011
i have done chemical engineering with 3.2 CGPA( approx 80%) and i got experience of around 9 months in oil and gas consultancy firm as process engineer, what are my chances of getting admission for MEng in oil and gas at MUN?

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Osama + Furqan:

You both have good academic record and you can fancy your chances at MUN. I dont know if you're going for a research degree or a course based program.

Because for a research degree - you need to have a supervisor whom you can work under. Furqan has an experience of Oil & Gas so that obviously will add to your profile.

My undergraduate percentage was 87.5% (3.51/4.00 CGPA). And before coming to MUN I worked with a Multinational Oil Company for 3.5 years.

osamaobz

Mar 26, 2012
a_a_d

I have sent you a personal message .

It will be your Please if you reply me your Skype ID and give me some precious time to me. My skype ID is osamaobz

Regards

Osama Bin Zia

H_C_K

Aug 14, 2012
a_a_d

I did my graduation in Physiotherapy.I want to apply for this Jan 2013 into Human Kinetics and Recreation program.I submitted query to the concerned department to know whether am i eligible to apply for this Jan intake,they asked me to apply soon to give appropriate time for the visa processing but consultancy canam told me memorial univeristy do not have openings for this Jan intake.Then how can i receive email from university officials to apply for this winter intake.I really wanted to apply for this program.Please guide me how to apply and contact the research professors.
Do I have to send my transcripts and Ielts score card?
Is it necessary to get transcripts signed from principal?
how abt Letter of recommendations?
Please help me

Thank you so much

H_C_K

Aug 14, 2012
Do anybody has Statement of purpose for studeis in kinesiology/exercise science/fitness.If you have please let me know it.Iam in need of it

jonaj

Mar 14, 2012
Good day a_a_d,
Please i have interest in MUN and am planning to do my MA in Economics but my concern is job opportunity after the completion of the course.how relevant is MA in Economics from MUN in canadian market and what is the probabality of securing survival job in Newfoundland during study and good job thereafter the completion of the course.
Thanks

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@H_C_K:
http://www.mun.ca/hkr/undergraduate/

Here is the contact information for the Schook of HKR. Email them and ask them about the authenticity of the admission.

You have to submit your IELTS and Transcripts. Make sure the Transcripts are Original and Sealed in an envelope with a University Stamp of the Seal. The transcripts have to be original and sealed. Thats it. And Letter of Recommendation has to be on an Official Letter head with Signature and Stamp of the Person Writing the Letter.

@Jonaj: Newfoundland Job Market is growing specially after the recent development in the Oil & Gas Sector. You can fancy your chances of getting a job here. At the end it all depends upon your Profile and Luck :)