+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Memorial University of Newfoundland

H_C_K

Aug 14, 2012
a_a_d

Thank you for giving me the required admission.I have done my bachelors in Physiotherapy as of now I'm planning for my masters program in Human kinetics and recreation at memorial.

Your saying transcripts should be original and sealed.You mean original copies or photocopies of original.How can we send them original transcripts???

Ielts scores have to be send only by testing agency or can I send by myself?

Masters program in Human kinetics is this available for spring 2013?

Thank you for your reply

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
@ a_a_d

Could you please tell that what are the chances for me in MTM (Masters in Technology management) Program there :

10th -86%
12th - 82%
B.Tech - 74% electronics
IT Work ex - 2 years in SAP QA
IELTS - yet to give
Want to pursue MTM ( Masters in Technology management )

I am concerned that whether univ wil acept My application as there should be relevant background to pursue this Course ... i.e. ideally graduation should be in IT related stream but I have completed the same in Electronics... Could u please confirm ?

Also, Please tel me the deadline for applying for Sep'13 Intake. I just want to know that by which month I should have my Docs ready .

ziasaheb

Star Member
May 14, 2012
If i send them original transcripts then what will i send to chc? And whether the letter of recommendation has to be on paper or emailed?

H_C_K

Aug 14, 2012
Hai Everyone

Tenth 90%
Inter 87%
Undergraduation( Physiotherapy)-GPA 3.6 according to WES by USA,70%
IELTS 6.5 withnot less that 6 band in all modules
EXperience-since 1year working as a physiotherapist consultant

I'm planning to apply for this January intake MSc in kinesiology at memorial university but canam consultant is telling me its very tough to get admission with my profile.As of now I dont have any idea of what to do ?? Please let me know your advice in this matter

Thank you so much

H_C_K

Aug 14, 2012
a_a_d

After sending an email to a research professor of memorial university he asked me to send same email on early new year with the courses i took and grades that he is accepting new students only for sep intake but Im planning to apply for this January intake.
What should i do in this situation?
My IELTS score is 6.5 not less than 6 in all bands.I think these scores are not sufficient for this I want to provide them that our medium of instruction was english.Do I have to get a document signed from principal or from registrar of university??

Please help me

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@H_C_K !

The IELTS score has to be sent directly by the IELTS Body that took you test. You can fill in their form and they will dispatch the result themselves.
If you plan on sending a Language Proficiency Certificate, that has to be on the Official University Letterhead with a Stamp from the University. It is better to get that sealed too.

The transcripts have to be sealed. Meaning that if you have your transcripts with you (original) you can go to you educational institute, put it in a plain envelope and seal it up. Then tell them to place a stamp over the envelop seal. The main purpose of the university demanding this is that student has not changed the transcript in any way and the transcripts are original and verified.

Plus generally students are given admission in the September Intake. Thats the university criteria unless there is an exception and a supervisor himself/ herself takes the initiative and requests admission processing for the applicant.

taha sheikh

Aug 18, 2012
Karachi
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
Med's Request
12-06-2013
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
-
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2013
LANDED..........
under consideration
hi ali,
i have gone through ur posts as i am intrested in applying for M eng in oil and gas engineering.
ca u please mail me ur cell # as i want to talk to u personally.

thanks,
Taha

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
@a_a_d
How the funding might be @mun, computer science ms program (research based)?
How about the living cost in NF?

Thanks,
Riasat

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Taha: Check your Inbox.

riasat.abir said:
@ a_a_d
How the funding might be @ mun, computer science ms program (research based)?
How about the living cost in NF?

Thanks,
Riasat
It all depends upon the supervisor. Normally Masters students can get a high range of 17000 - 20000 CAD/ year. The cost of living is modest with an average monthly expense of around 750 - 800 CAD. This is just an estimate.

H_C_K

Aug 14, 2012
Hi a_a_d

Thank you so much for your reply.After sending an email to a professor in memorial university he encouraged to come back with the same information on jan 2013 along with grades and courses which I took and he also mentioned that he was not taking any of students for this jan intake.I dont have any idea of what to do now? Please suggest me in this situation.If professor accepts me I will wait on till september intake for my masters into human kinetics and recreation.

Here is my profile

Tenth 90%
Inter 87%

If you dont mind please give your email id

Thank you for your help

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
H_C_K said:
Hi a_a_d

Thank you so much for your reply.After sending an email to a professor in memorial university he encouraged to come back with the same information on jan 2013 along with grades and courses which I took and he also mentioned that he was not taking any of students for this jan intake.I dont have any idea of what to do now? Please suggest me in this situation.If professor accepts me I will wait on till september intake for my masters into human kinetics and recreation.

Here is my profile

Tenth 90%
Inter 87%

If you dont mind please give your email id

Thank you for your help
Tenth & Inter grade doesn't help at all.
So people should stop bothering with it.
Instead of personal mails, people tend to discuss openly in forum :)
September intake is the main entry point in Canada.
So go for Fall 2013.

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with Riasat_Abir.

The main intake for MUN is the September (Fall) Intake. However, admissions during other two (Summer and Winter) Semesters are only possible if a your supervisor recommends your application to be considered for admission as he is willing to grant you the funding he agreed on.

sweetwant

Aug 21, 2012
Hi
If I want to do for the University, Memorial University of Newfoundland
APplay
My last two years I have GPA average is 17 of 20 ,Average grade of A
That is my overall CGPA 14/2 of 20
Average grade of C +
I am proficient in programming languages ​​C # and SQL JQuery asp,net

Can I get admission in this university?