+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medicals not submitted upfront with Outland Application

Marrigold

Sep 30, 2013
Good morning,

We submitted an outland application for my US husband early January without the medicals (we understood we could submit them later once we had our UCI and thereby avoid them expiring, plus it was the Xmas holidays and we couldn't get a Dr's appointment and just wanted to submit the paperwork asap). We now have our UCI (hoorah)

Should we get the medicals done ASAP - or is there a risk they will get lost in the shuffle of paperwork?

Or should we wait for them to ask for medicals?

We have a baby on the way so want to do everything right and avoid delays in process to the extent that we can. Thank you for your advice and have a great day!

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2014; COPR received 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
Marrigold said:
Good morning,

We submitted an outland application for my US husband early January without the medicals (we understood we could submit them later once we had our UCI and thereby avoid them expiring, plus it was the Xmas holidays and we couldn't get a Dr's appointment and just wanted to submit the paperwork asap). We now have our UCI (hoorah)

Should we get the medicals done ASAP - or is there a risk they will get lost in the shuffle of paperwork?

We have a baby on the way so want to do everything right and avoid delays in process to the extent that we can. Thank you for your advice and have a great day!
You got approved to sponsor without the medical? I am in the same situation (US husband,applied late January, didn't include medical) and was worried they'd send back my application as incomplete - although we also did not include the fbi clearance as it was taking too long!
I'm thinking it would be okay to send them in to Ottawa with your UCI, that's what a majority of people on the forum have said to me :)

Marrigold

Sep 30, 2013
We don't have sponsorship approval yet, just an identification number (UCI).

Does anyone else know whether it makes sense to submit medicals before or after sponsorship assessment/ when files get transferred? We definitely don't want them to send application back as incomplete.

Also - how does anyone ever get through to the call centre? Is there a good time of day to call?

Good luck to you too Zarilenth!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Marrigold said:
We don't have sponsorship approval yet, just an identification number (UCI).

Does anyone else know whether it makes sense to submit medicals before or after sponsorship assessment/ when files get transferred? We definitely don't want them to send application back as incomplete.

Also - how does anyone ever get through to the call centre? Is there a good time of day to call?

Good luck to you too Zarilenth!
Hi,

Not submitting the medical with an Outland application is not recommended and could deem your application incomplete!

Inland applicants have the `unwritten luxury' of submitting their medical after they have their UCI number, because CIC realizes that the medical is only valid for one-year after they are received. Outland applicants (as far as I know) do NOT have that option.

It sounds like the identification number that you have is for the sponsor (if you received it in the AOR email). If so, I would strongly suggest that you get the medical ASAP. You can find a list of approved doctors on the CIC website. Try to find one that uses the e-medical system, so that they can send the results electronically to CIC. Even though your husband does not yet have his UCI, perhaps the doctor can use your file number to have CIC match his results with your file number.

-------

For Zarilenth, the same applies to FBI PCC...this could also deem your Outland application as incomplete. :(
Inland applicants can send these later, but typically not outland applicants.

Did you at least include a letter stating that you have already ordered them and will forward them upon receipt (which lets CIC know that you didn't just completely ignore the requirement)?

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
Ponga - sadly I only included papers saying I would send the two (medical and ppc) when requested. I took bad advice from my husband!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zarilenth said:
Ponga - sadly I only included papers saying I would send the two (medical and ppc) when requested. I took bad advice from my husband!
Well...at least you did that! Hopefully, CIC will realize that you were aware of the requirement and offered an explanation...rather than NOT including the letter at all!

Oh...in your husband's defense: This is all very confusing to most of us! :-\

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
Ponga said:
Well...at least you did that! Hopefully, CIC will realize that you were aware of the requirement and offered an explanation...rather than NOT including the letter at all!

Oh...in your husband's defense: This is all very confusing to most of us! :-\
Haha exactly, I didn't know any better and accepted his reasoning..until I found this forum! I'm debating calling CPC-Mississauga and explaining then I'm getting them both ASAP but they haven't even opened my application yet, so Im not sure that its a good idea!

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
I suggest you start applying for the FBI PCC right away, it takes up to 2 months. You can either wait till you hear from CIC (they might return your application and ask you to include medical and PCC or they might tell you send it to them without returning your application) or you can start applying for PCC now and make an appointment for the medical too. This way, when you hear from CIC, you will have them ready.

MapleLeafBride

Dec 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2013
Doc's Request.
06-06-2014
AOR Received.
08-01-2014
File Transfer...
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2014
LANDED..........
25-08-2014
Zarilenth said:
You got approved to sponsor without the medical? I am in the same situation (US husband,applied late January, didn't include medical) and was worried they'd send back my application as incomplete - although we also did not include the fbi clearance as it was taking too long!
I'm thinking it would be okay to send them in to Ottawa with your UCI, that's what a majority of people on the forum have said to me :)
Zarilenth, while we sent out medicals in with our application, our FBI clearance was actually out-of-date when we sent in our application in December (by 3 days. Haha). I was approved as a sponsor almost 3 weeks ago. We've already applied for a new FBI check, so based on my experience, I don't know if that will cause your application to be sent back. Unless they didn't bother checking the date on my hubby's FBI check....

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
Avadava said:
I suggest you start applying for the FBI PCC right away, it takes up to 2 months. You can either wait till you hear from CIC (they might return your application and ask you to include medical and PCC or they might tell you send it to them without returning your application) or you can start applying for PCC now and make an appointment for the medical too. This way, when you hear from CIC, you will have them ready.
Ah, my husband applied for the FBI PCC a week ago, and they quoted 3 weeks. We've also got a medical appointment on Feb 26th when he comes down and see me. Unfortunately I didn't include any of this info in my application and I don't think I can call anyone to let them know. Hopefully they just request the documents.

Marrigold

Sep 30, 2013
Ponga said:
Hi,

Not submitting the medical with an Outland application is not recommended and could deem your application incomplete!

Inland applicants have the `unwritten luxury' of submitting their medical after they have their UCI number, because CIC realizes that the medical is only valid for one-year after they are received. Outland applicants (as far as I know) do NOT have that option.

It sounds like the identification number that you have is for the sponsor (if you received it in the AOR email). If so, I would strongly suggest that you get the medical ASAP. You can find a list of approved doctors on the CIC website. Try to find one that uses the e-medical system, so that they can send the results electronically to CIC. Even though your husband does not yet have his UCI, perhaps the doctor can use your file number to have CIC match his results with your file number.

-------

For Zarilenth, the same applies to FBI PCC...this could also deem your Outland application as incomplete. :(
Inland applicants can send these later, but typically not outland applicants.

Did you at least include a letter stating that you have already ordered them and will forward them upon receipt (which lets CIC know that you didn't just completely ignore the requirement)?
Thank you Ponga! I spoke with a CIC agent this morning who confirmed that meds should be done asap - and that the results can be matched to our application even just with the principal applicant's name, DOB, contact info and where the application is being processed (i.e. Mississauga)

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
Marrigold said:
Thank you Ponga! I spoke with a CIC agent this morning who confirmed that meds should be done asap - and that the results can be matched to our application even just with the principal applicant's name, DOB, contact info and where the application is being processed (i.e. Mississauga)
That's great news! Maybe I will try calling CIC this afternoon too :)

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
Zarilenth said:
That's great news! Maybe I will try calling CIC this afternoon too :)
Chances are you might get a different answer, as they all have different information...
Either you call a couple times if it gives u reassurance that you are fine, or you just go ahead and send in the documents.

Marrigold

Sep 30, 2013
Graihn said:
Chances are you might get a different answer, as they all have different information...
Either you call a couple times if it gives u reassurance that you are fine, or you just go ahead and send in the documents.
You were right Graihn, I called CIC agent again this am (as the Dr couldn't match my UCI in EHealth) and this agent said to hold steady and wait for CIC to request medicals vs submitting them independently. And hey presto shortly thereafter my husband got an email requesting medicals.

GeeO

Star Member
Aug 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ott -> Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2012
File Transfer...
11-10-2012
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
14-07-2012
Interview........
07-01-2014
Passport Req..
22-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2014
LANDED..........
29-03-2014
Marrigold said:
Good morning,

If i could do it all over again, i would wait till the medicals are requested. It was not fun re-doing medicals and paying $400 for that because mine expired while CIC took their sweet time. But then again, this is just my experience.