+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Surveillance

Jaspaida89

May 26, 2023
I'm Permanent Resident in Manitoba, Canada. I had a quick question as my Mother got Super Visa and she's visiting Canada soon but my Mother has Inactive TB and I got a document saying that she has to visit a doctor for Medical Surveillance once she arrives in Manitoba so I was wondering if those visits are covered or do we have to pay from our pocket? And if we have to pay then what is the cost? Or is there any program where we can get help if it's super expensive. And we have insurance but I don't think it will cover the cost because those insurance are only for emergency purposes.

Kindly help if someone knows about it.
Thank You

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm Permanent Resident in Manitoba, Canada. I had a quick question as my Mother got Super Visa and she's visiting Canada soon but my Mother has Inactive TB and I got a document saying that she has to visit a doctor for Medical Surveillance once she arrives in Manitoba so I was wondering if those visits are covered or do we have to pay from our pocket? And if we have to pay then what is the cost? Or is there any program where we can get help if it's super expensive. And we have insurance but I don't think it will cover the cost because those insurance are only for emergency purposes.

Thank You
You’ll have to pay out of pocket. Being able to visit Canada for a long period of time is a privilege but it does come with guaranteed and potential expenses.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021

Thank You
You can read here and write to MB Health - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/medical-surveillance.html

Reactions: canuck78
Jun 13, 2023
Heyyyy
Yesterday I have arrived canada and in my study Permit it's written that you have to visit public health service within 30 days
And today I went for service canada for first time sin number application and they told me I can't get since ... due to my medical surveillance and I have to wait for the 20 days to get response from high commission
Is this the matter to concern?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Heyyyy
Yesterday I have arrived canada and in my study Permit it's written that you have to visit public health service within 30 days
And today I went for service canada for first time sin number application and they told me I can't get since ... due to my medical surveillance and I have to wait for the 20 days to get response from high commission
Is this the matter to concern?
You likely need to speak to public health first because there are concerns that you have a communicable disease and Canada doesn’t want you to start working and spread the potential communicable diseases.

nishant_singh2992

Dec 12, 2023

Thank You
Hello,

Could you please advise if you completed this process. I am very same situation but in Alberta province. Also, have same question.

please help

May 13, 2023
You likely need to speak to public health first because there are concerns that you have a communicable disease and Canada doesn’t want you to start working and spread the potential communicable diseases.
Hi jaskaran, my brother is in the same situation. Actually he came last week on study permit in canada with medical surveillance undertaking. Can you please advise what are the next steps as immigration is confusing us