+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

medical required for LIVE IN CAREGIVER PR APPLICANT

singlemom

Star Member
May 9, 2011
Hello forumers...

Is anyone here got the same response from CIC regarding my PR application under live in caregiver required a medical exam? Please ..... Share what to do? And I thought caregiver are no longer need to undergo a medical exam?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

singlemom said:
Hello forumers...

Is anyone here got the same response from CIC regarding my PR application under live in caregiver required a medical exam? Please ..... Share what to do? And I thought caregiver are no longer need to undergo a medical exam?
You thought wrong, LCP require a medical.

ustian

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
PMM said:
Hi

You thought wrong, LCP require a medical.
In case if you got approval in principal after applying for PR/OWP under the LCP (first stage of approval), you don't need to do medical exam, only your dependents have to do it.

singlemom

Star Member
May 9, 2011
Thanks for your response

PMM: I read on some post that medical exam for caregiver was eliminated.

USTIAN: what do you mean? I'm sorry, can you please explain it more.

ustian

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
singlemom said:
Thanks for your response

USTIAN: what do you mean? I'm sorry, can you please explain it more.
If you already applied for PR/OWP under the Live-in Caregiver program and got an email from CIC stating that you meet eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as a Member of the Live-in Caregiver Class, in this case you don't have to do medical. However, all of your family members, both
in Canada and abroad, must pass medical and background checks.

In case if you are only applying to become a live-in caregiver, you have to pass medical exam.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
singlemom said:
Thanks for your response

Only if you're applying for PR as an LCP. If you are applying for an LCP visa (work permit) then a medical is mandatory.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
No second medicals for LCP PR apps (Tejada Law), unless there have been changes again :)

singlemom said:
Hello forumers...

singlemom

Star Member
May 9, 2011
the letter say like this:

"These medical instructions are being issued since your application has been processed to the stage where medical examination results are now required."

I am confuse because two of my friend submit their application later than me and got the CIC response too but never ask for medical.

Please guys help me.... I try to book an appointment for medical but they are fully book til 2nd week of January and I need to finish the medical before January 26, 2014 and I found out that I need to pay for $250.00 money order.

I don't know what to reply with their letter......

sky_free

Feb 4, 2013
hi.i am applying for a live in caregiver.i am done with my medical last Jan 28. i am completing the requirements. would the hospital or center where i undergo my medical will call me or update me if my medical results are already sent to the embassy? Because based on the letter the embassy gave me, the panel physician should be named, the date when my panel physician submitted the result will also be given to them(embassy).i am waiting for their call. Another thing is i am also renewing my passport,because it also state that it should be with minimum of two years. my passport will expire on 2016.more or less its two years.thats why..plsssss...respond to my questions? lastly do u think after this medical how long does it take to have my visa? thanks much....

Shaxin

Mar 28, 2014
I am on the same boat as you are single mom. I have already received my AIP and my ecas was already Decision Made since February 2014. My dependent daughter already undergone and submitted her medical results when I received yesterday a email requiring me to undergo medical which is confusing as per the Tejada law. I submitted my application after the approval of the law last December 2010. Could post your recent update please.

Shaxin

Mar 28, 2014
Shaxin said:
I am on the same boat as you are single mom. I have already received my AIP and my ecas was already Decision Made since February 2014. My dependent daughter already undergone and submitted her medical results when I received yesterday a email requiring me to undergo medical which is confusing as per the Tejada law. I submitted my application after the approval of the law last December 2010. Could post your recent update please.
Well I guess nobody but us two experienced this glitch in the CIC system. I hope CIC will review their procedures maybe it is already outdated and they may not even aware that the Tejada law exists and the Immigration and Protection Regulation and their own IP4 Manual were already amended.

Viperzenia

Aug 9, 2014
job_seeker said:
No second medicals for LCP PR apps (Tejada Law), unless there have been changes again :)
hi.. Same as me i recieved too eligibility but medical and background check both me and my parents but the thing is i didnt add them in my application... Can somebody help me... Should i wait for another email from cic for the nxt move... Thanks

RHOSH2007

Aug 30, 2016
MEDICAL EXAM

I RECENTLY COMPLETED MY MEDICAL EXAMINATION FOR MY OPEN WORK PERMIT AND AWAITING FOR MY ADDITIONAL TEST RESULT DONE LAST AUGUST 1-3, 2016. THEN,WE JUST RECENTLY RECEIVED OUR PR APPLICATION MEDICAL REQUEST. DO I STILL NEED TO UNDERGO ANOTHER MEDICAL EXAMINATION FOR OUR PR APPLICATION? CAN ANYONE HELP US AND GUIDE US KUNG ANO PO ANG DAPAT NAMIN GAWIN AT KUNG ANO PO TAMANG PROSESO PO NA GAGAWIN NMIN?