+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Insurance Recommendations for TR (waiting for PR-Inland Spousal)

NinaPlummer

Nov 29, 2021
Hello Everyone!

My husband (Italian Citizen) applied for PR (inland spousal) with an Open Work Permit last November and obviously we're still waiting for more news. All we have so far is the AOR, so right now his status is implied and he cannot apply for any provincial healthcare number

In the meantime, my husband doesn't have any health insurance and we would like to have something during this uncertain waiting period. Unfortunately, he cannot get any travel insurance for Italy because it has to be purchased before the trip and he's already in Canada. I've found a few options of Health Insurance for Temporary Residents, but I wanted to see if anyone has any recommendations or suggestions for this.

Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everyone!

My husband (Italian Citizen) applied for PR (inland spousal) with an Open Work Permit last November and obviously we're still waiting for more news. All we have so far is the AOR, so right now his status is implied and he cannot apply for any provincial healthcare number

In the meantime, my husband doesn't have any health insurance and we would like to have something during this uncertain waiting period. Unfortunately, he cannot get any travel insurance for Italy because it has to be purchased before the trip and he's already in Canada. I've found a few options of Health Insurance for Temporary Residents, but I wanted to see if anyone has any recommendations or suggestions for this.

Thanks!
Stick to a large Canadian company

NinaPlummer

Nov 29, 2021
Right now Destination Canada (Underwritten by Manulife) and Cooperaters both seem like good options. Anyone have any experience with them?