+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Exam Validity Extension - Let's share our timelines!

crisetphil

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 29,2011--CPC-M (sponsor approved::Nov.17, 2011)
Doc's Request.
dec.22,2011
AOR Received.
jan.04,2012(sent jan.23 received maybe jan.27 via quebec)
File Transfer...
dec.20,2011
Med's Request
medical result received feb.24,2012
Med's Done....
aug.09,2011//Jan21,2013//
Interview........
(n/a) /remed forwarded FEB.1,2013
Passport Req..
dec.22,2011(sent jan. 16,2012)
VISA ISSUED...
feb-20,2013/dm feb.22/receieved visa feb.23
hello everybody!!
how about on my case just got expired on my medical last aug.8..and i will have my 12 months this sept1..should i w8 for 12 months before asking if they want to extend my medical or else if i will email them they always say ur not yet exceed to processing time ...wat the heck still application receievd my status for 12 months supposedly they should make it process already...or decision either...

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
VO requested med certificate extension from Ottawa 24-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
crisetphil said:
hello everybody!!
how about on my case just got expired on my medical last aug.8..and i will have my 12 months this sept1..should i w8 for 12 months before asking if they want to extend my medical or else if i will email them they always say ur not yet exceed to processing time ...wat the heck still application receievd my status for 12 months supposedly they should make it process already...or decision either...
Your VO can only request an extension if that is the only thing preventing them from finalizing your file. If they are still processing, then they cannot make the request. You can either redo the medicals yourself now or wait to see if they will complete your processing before Nov 8th, as that would be your deadline for extension request.

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
Ok. The anticipated letter has finally arrived! I am right :mad: that these people wasted THREE WEEKS of our time by sending this in the mail, but...bigger picture right?

The wording is kinda strange though. I am thinking that it might be because they're waiting on our medical extension to come through? It says:

"I am pleased to advise you that you appear to meet the selection requirements and a final decision on your application will be made when you provide the following items to our office:

- police certificate from Dominica
- passport with validity of at least 1 year
- one current photo meeting the enclosed specifications
- complete the following information for yourself.
Name _________. Eye color ____________. Height (cm) _________

You are required to submit all the items listed above in sixty (60) days from the date of this letter"

And then all the photo info n stuff.

It just seems weird they didn't mention the visa being ready for issuance ::)
I'm also not sure why they want the PC from Dominica, but at this point, whatever .

Now we continue to wait on that medical extension. I am planning on emailing the VO on Monday to see if they have any update on when we can expect the extension to come through.

I.N

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 07 2011
Doc's Request.
19 10 2011
AOR Received.
14 11 2011
File Transfer...
08 11 2011
Med's Request
new chest x-ray requested for the medical extension on 20 August
Med's Done....
23 06 2011
Interview........
23 July 2012
Passport Req..
9 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 October 2012
LANDED..........
2 November 2012
YOu got passport request!
This is a good news. :)

They didn't mention in the letter about the medical extension but probabely they made the request already since you got passport request letter.

I remember at my interview the officer lady told me that they will make a medical extension request right away and ask me to pay the RPRF and when they will get the confirmation from London Office for the medicals and confirmation for RPRF from Mississagua only then they will be able to send me passport request letter.

So now I am waiting and I've been wating for almost a month from then and I don't really know when I will get passport request.

You got passport request this it's a great news. ;).

You can start celebrate, you are almost done, you are almost at the end of the roud... ;) :).

I.N.

I.N

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 07 2011
Doc's Request.
19 10 2011
AOR Received.
14 11 2011
File Transfer...
08 11 2011
Med's Request
new chest x-ray requested for the medical extension on 20 August
Med's Done....
23 06 2011
Interview........
23 July 2012
Passport Req..
9 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 October 2012
LANDED..........
2 November 2012
Zouk Princesse said:
Ok. The anticipated letter has finally arrived! I am right :mad: that these people wasted THREE WEEKS of our time by sending this in the mail, but...bigger picture right?

The wording is kinda strange though. I am thinking that it might be because they're waiting on our medical extension to come through? It says:

"I am pleased to advise you that you appear to meet the selection requirements and a final decision on your application will be made when you provide the following items to our office:

You are required to submit all the items listed above in sixty (60) days from the date of this letter"

I'm also not sure why they want the PC from Dominica, but at this point, whatever .

Now we continue to wait on that medical extension. I am planning on emailing the VO on Monday to see if they have any update on when we can expect the extension to come through.
I have a question, how did you get this letter by mail or email?

Thanks!

waikiki

Jan 22, 2011
Zouk Princesse said:
Your VO can only request an extension if that is the only thing preventing them from finalizing your file. If they are still processing, then they cannot make the request. You can either redo the medicals yourself now or wait to see if they will complete your processing before Nov 8th, as that would be your deadline for extension request.
Hi, does that mean, VO has 3 months (after medicals expired) time to request extension? our medicals expired Aug 5 and I guess they are still processing his file, does that mean we still have 3 months chance that they will extend it? I asked VO via email if hubby should renew medicals, but they did not answer.

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Sp. Apr. Dec. 22/11 & Tr. Jan.25/12
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Waived - In Process Dec 21/12
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
Zouk Princesse said:

CONGRATS!!! IMO, they have approved the med ext req, otherwise they would not be asking you for these things, they instead would be sending you med redo forms... I could be wrong but... that doesnt happen very often :p jokes aside, I strongly believe you are at the end of this long journey!! So happy for you Zouk!

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Sp. Apr. Dec. 22/11 & Tr. Jan.25/12
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Waived - In Process Dec 21/12
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
waikiki said:
Hi, does that mean, VO has 3 months (after medicals expired) time to request extension? our medicals expired Aug 5 and I guess they are still processing his file, does that mean we still have 3 months chance that they will extend it? I asked VO via email if hubby should renew medicals, but they did not answer.
yes, but they will only request it if they have come to the decision to approve the applicant during this time...

If I am wrong somebody please correct me lol but it doesnt happen very often lol pure jokes lol

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
Thanks guys ! We plan on submitting everything as soon as we get the PC done, and I will ask PoS at that time whether they have received the extension approval. Will definitely keep you all posted!

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
Ok, we've submitted the new PC along with passport to the VO. I plan on emailing them next week to see if they have any update on the extension status.

Has anyone else had any extension requests?

Nash13

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys I asked assistance of our mp to follow up the status of my wife
And I just received this email through my mp from visa office

Please be informed that this application has passed eligibility, and security and criminality assessments. Medical furtherance request to be able to extend the medical validity which expired on xxxxxxx will be sent to the applicant shortly. We will be in a position to finalize this application upon receipt of an acceptable medical furtherance result. What does it mean? Any info much appriciated thanks:)

Yasiin

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
30-08-2011
Med's Request
18-05-2012
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
26-01-2012
Passport Req..
02-08-2012 (London vo recieved passport 06-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2012
LANDED..........
13-09-2012 (PR card came in the mail on 14-11-2012)
Nash13 said:
Hello guys I asked assistance of our mp to follow up the status of my wife
And I just received this email through my mp from visa office

Please be informed that this application has passed eligibility, and security and criminality assessments. Medical furtherance request to be able to extend the medical validity which expired on xxxxxxx will be sent to the applicant shortly. We will be in a position to finalize this application upon receipt of an acceptable medical furtherance result. What does it mean? Any info much appriciated thanks:)
It means that they have sent off a letter asking you to do further medical examination and they will finalize the application when you have done the requested medical exam and submitted it to them either by your medical doctor. The good thing is that your background and security check have been finalized and passed so you are good to go. All you need to do now is to redo the medical exam and have your medical doctor sent it off to the concerned visa office as quickly as possible when you get the letter. Hope this clarifies your point.

Nash13

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yasiin said:
It means that they have sent off a letter asking you to do further medical examination and they will finalize the application when you have done the requested medical exam and submitted it to them either by your medical doctor. The good thing is that your background and security check have been finalized and passed so you are good to go. All you need to do now is to redo the medical exam and have your medical doctor sent it off to the concerned visa office as quickly as possible when you get the letter. Hope this clarifies your point.
Thank you yasiin for the info :) now I'm feel relieved coz of this long period of waiting:)

annerella

Star Member
Aug 7, 2011
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
01-16-2012
Doc's Request.
Appendix A and PP
AOR Received.
03-14-2012 // 03-22-2012 last page of IMM0008 was returned // 03-23-2012 letter and form sent to Ontario// 04-11-2012 Sponsorship Approved
File Transfer...
04-23-2012
Med's Done....
06-2011 remedical 02-20-2013
Passport Req..
04-23-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-20-2013/ Visa received 03-23-13
LANDED..........
MAY 20, 2013 <3
we finally receive dour gcms ntotes

our medicals expired last june
and as per the notes we received
our visa were supposedly issued last july but it wasnt pushed thru because of the expired medicals

anyhow, as per the notes,
Medical Exam Validity Extension was requested last August 29,
we havent heard anything from the embassy yet up until now though
but were still hopeful that before the end of the year, our visas will finally be issued finally.

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
Our extension was requested Jul-24 and received Sep-13. I have no idea why this process takes so long, it was better when we could just redo them ourselves. I think you should be fine to get through before year's end, hang in there!