+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical condition HELP!!!!

Preet345

Feb 12, 2019
Hello , next month i am going for my medicals ,but i have high ast (98) and alt (130) levels due to fatty liver and also bilirubin 1.5. But with negative hepatitus.
So would this cause my student visa rejected.
Thanku
Pls reply if you know something about this.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hello , next month i am going for my medicals ,but i have high ast (98) and alt (130) levels due to fatty liver and also bilirubin 1.5. But with negative hepatitus.
Thanku
Aren't you the same person who said this ?

Hi everyone ,i'm 19 andi choose topersue my higher studies in canada , already done with offer letters and all that stuff except medical ,i'mactually worried because my doctor told methat i have fatty liver which makes myast andalt levels 69 and 72 moreover my bilirubin level is 2.2 . Doctor performed additional hepatitis tests but all negative.
Would my fatty liver and jaundice make my visa
rejected.
It would be great to hear a reply. Please help..
Regardless of the change in levels, if it did change the same situation stands. Medical reason will not be a reason for automatic denial. It depends on how they see the medical report. If they think you are going to cause a drain on the Canadian healthcare system or if you have a communicable disease that will cause harm to Canadian lives, then they will reject your study permit on medical reasons. I honestly don't know what more do you expect people to tell you.

napnusion

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Thanku
Yes, I understand your concern.
I've seen applicants with problems with uric acid, cholesterol and other issues.

However, reading your above statement, I am 100% assured that you will be FINE with medicals.

The medicals DO NOT test you for Fatty Liver and will NOT be a cause for rejection of either study visa or PR.

So no worries.

Good Luck for your application!

Preet345

Feb 12, 2019
Yes, I understand your concern.
I've seen applicants with problems with uric acid, cholesterol and other issues.

However, reading your above statement, I am 100% assured that you will be FINE with medicals.

The medicals DO NOT test you for Fatty Liver and will NOT be a cause for rejection of either study visa or PR.

So no worries.

Good Luck for your application!
Thank you very much ,this actually redused my stress as i was much worried about this.

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
Thank you very much ,this actually redused my stress as i was much worried about this.
Don't want to sound negative but any underlying medical condition specially related to a vital organ like the liver in your case should not be taken lightly.
Medical cost in Canada are highly prohibitive and if I were in your place I would minutely scan for the coverage of the basic policy that every international student has to have.
Limiting your focus on just a TRV may cost you in the long run. Yes you may clear the medical but that does not mean your problems go away. New place new situation always lead to stress and may aggravate the problem.
My advice " Hope for the best, Plan for the worst". Goodluck.

Preet345

Feb 12, 2019
Don't want to sound negative but any underlying medical condition specially related to a vital organ like the liver in your case should not be taken lightly.
Medical cost in Canada are highly prohibitive and if I were in your place I would minutely scan for the coverage of the basic policy that every international student has to have.
Limiting your focus on just a TRV may cost you in the long run. Yes you may clear the medical but that does not mean your problems go away. New place new situation always lead to stress and may aggravate the problem.
Yeah,i agree ,new place arouse new situtation.only hoping for good

Preet345

Feb 12, 2019
Should i tell the doctor( while on medical for visa ) all my conditions or let them do their tests while keeping this information intact.

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
Don't volunteer information unless specifically asked for. If you receive your permit get yourself fully covered if you find yourself uncovered or under covered by your basic insurance. Can you let me know which grade fatty liver ?

Preet345

Feb 12, 2019
My doctor only told me that i was on stage 1 of nafld
Don't volunteer information unless specifically asked for. If you receive your permit get yourself fully covered if you find yourself uncovered or under covered by your basic insurance. Can you let me know which grade fatty liver ?

Preet345

Feb 12, 2019
Or you can say it has just started about 10 months to a year ago