+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2024 visitor Visa

Vidhan17

Jun 21, 2017
Anyone who has applied visitor visa at VFS Mumbai and still waiting for the decision? I applied on Apr 22 and no update so far.

Shahwaiz

Jun 15, 2017
Got approved for my father as well:
Application submitted: May 4th
Biometrics: 14th May
Background check: in process on tracker and IRCC portal
BIL & PPR: June 14th, 2024

Reactions: mahsakh and GR19

ravikumark815

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi Everyone,

I'm a PR in Canada, and I sponsored PR for my wife. Since the spousal PR process takes nearly a year, I applied for a visitor visa for her, which is almost complete. I'm now looking to book her flight to Canada.

I've heard from others in similar situations that immigration officers sometimes ask to see a return ticket to avoid concerns about dual intent. However, dual intent is allowed in spousal cases, according to an announcement made in May 2023.

For example, someone who traveled to Toronto in January was asked the same question. She showed her AOR letter for the spousal visa to prove her dual intent and that she planned to settle.

My question is: should I book a return ticket and cancel it later just to be safe, or is it unnecessary? Please share your journey if you went through similar process.

Thanks in advance,
Ravi

Juan Martin

Jun 16, 2018
Applied for Visitor Visa for parents.

Submission Date: 07th May, 2024
Biometrics Collection Letter: 07th May, 2024
Biometrics Date: May 17, 2024 (at Bengaluru, India)

Final decision - June 1, 2024: Father's Application is approved.

Application status of my mother still shows "We are processing your application".
Current status: Your action is required.

I wonder why my mothers application is still not approved. Both of them applied on the same day and submitted their biometric on the same day.
Has anyone else encountered a similar situation or have insights into why this might occur?
Mothers application approved after 10 days.

Here is the time line:
Submitted online Application: 07 May 2024
Biometric Request Letter: 09 May 2024
Biometric Appointment Request made: 15 May 2024.
Biometric Collected: 17 May 2024 (Bangalore VFS).
Biometric status updated in profile:
Fathers Application - 17 May 2024
Mothers App- 11 June 2024

Final Decision - Approved (Passport Request)
Fathers application: 01 June 2024
Mothers Application: 12 June 2024

Reactions: GR19

Arjunp

Jul 6, 2020
Can anyone help please.
I applied for my sister and niece visitor visa in May. I got email today with biometric confirmation for my sister. Niece is exempted.

And in both the application in final decision it says below:

Final decision ?

• June 17, 2024 Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Does anyone know what this mean? Please respond as travel dates are close.

mahsakh

May 10, 2024
Can anyone help please.
I applied for my sister and niece visitor visa in May. I got email today with biometric confirmation for my sister. Niece is exempted.

Final decision ?

• June 17, 2024 Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

It doesn't mean anything. You have to wait. Good luck

Reactions: pawanjot

aman gill

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 6 2013
AOR Received.
May 14 2013
Med's Done....
May 2 2013
Passport Req..
Aip - 28 jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dm- 25march 2014
LANDED..........
23 April 2014
hello guys my aunt applied visitor visa her son whz pr got in car accident and in very critical condition we provided hospital letters and she previously had 2 vistor visas and been in canada multiple times and today we got letter of refusal
1-i am not satisfied you will leave canada
2- The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application

can anyone help us why would they refuse it she never overstayed any of her stay . is it computer doing automatic refusals or it can be someother reason and what we can do now her son is in icu

Reactions: pawanjot

pawanjot

Star Member
Jul 20, 2015
India
Visa Office......
Delhi
hello guys my aunt applied visitor visa her son whz pr got in car accident and in very critical condition we provided hospital letters and she previously had 2 vistor visas and been in canada multiple times and today we got letter of refusal
1-i am not satisfied you will leave canada
2- The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application

can anyone help us why would they refuse it she never overstayed any of her stay . is it computer doing automatic refusals or it can be someother reason and what we can do now her son is in icu
When did she apply n when she got refused

MrX32

May 30, 2024
I applied for a TRV for my spouse on May 7th. Since then till now no updates not even ghost updates.... So much for faster processing between 14-30 days... Well I suppose the 30 days mark is coming up soon this week. We will see if the within 30 days is just talk...
Well... So much for higher approval rates for family reunification and faster processing within 30 days. Today is day 42. Application was refused. For the generic reason of not satisfied you will leave Canada, the purpose of the stay is not aligned with a temporary visit, no significant family outside Canada, and limited work opportunity. All this given we did provide an employment letter and showed that there are parents and siblings outside Canada...

Jasmineflower123

Star Member
Oct 24, 2023
Can anyone help please.

Final decision ?

A final decision has been made. Check the tracker and see if there is any info under the visa section. Did you receive the bvl?

Jun 17, 2024
Applied a visitor visa for both the parents on 9th June..
Received Biometric for primary applicant on 10th of june.
Waiting for another applicant ...
Did anyone experience something like that..?