+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2024 visitor Visa

noself

May 13, 2024
My friend reapplied on May 22nd after his initial application was denied citing insufficient funds (submitted on Apr 10). The processing times were 20 days in April whereas current processing time has almost doubled to 34 days now. My question is, will this application take longer than the previous one because of this? They already have most of his information.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My friend reapplied on May 22nd after his initial application was denied citing insufficient funds (submitted on Apr 10). The processing times were 20 days in April whereas current processing time has almost doubled to 34 days now. My question is, will this application take longer than the previous one because of this? They already have most of his information.
It is a new application being reviewed most likely by a different officer, so yes it is possible. IRCC just reviews a refused application for consistency.

zahedali

Star Member
Aug 16, 2016
Canada
My application got refused on May 16th and I reapplied on May 17th hahaha so let's see what happens next..
By the way even for new applications who had no refusal before also seeing delays in May, may be due to any Student visa or something? I'm not sure...

All we can is to wait and see!

harsha20

May 28, 2024
My application got refused on May 16th and I reapplied on May 17th hahaha so let's see what happens next..
By the way even for new applications who had no refusal before also seeing delays in May, may be due to any Student visa or something? I'm not sure...

All we can is to wait and see!
Yes there are no updates on applications submitted in May

Ik123

Jan 5, 2019
I applied for my sister on may 20, 2024 no update since then I think need to wait longer, she had biometrics done with previous file that she applied and got refusal.

Shahwaiz

Jun 15, 2017
So my father-in-law’s visitor visa application says that ‘ background check’ is ‘not applicable’ while ‘eligibility’ is ‘reviewing’. What could be the reason? He is 86 and bio exempt. Is this due to bio exemption?

Ramramram

Mar 17, 2024
Category........
VISIT
I applied for my sister on may 20, 2024 no update since then I think need to wait longer, she had biometrics done with previous file that she applied and got refusal.
Me too reapply 21 May. Since no any update

su_can

Oct 4, 2021
Today, I noticed that the last update was done yesterday, but I don't see any changes. The background check is still in progress.
Visit visa timeline for my son [India]:
Applied-May 09
Biometrics- Exempted
Background Check- In progress [May 17]
Eligibility- Not Started

pawanjot

Star Member
Jul 20, 2015
India
Visa Office......
Delhi
Submitted my parents' and my sister's applications on May 4th.

My mom's and sister's biometrics are scheduled for May 14. My father is exempted.

Application: In progress.
Background check: in progress
Eligibility not started yet.
Any update

mahsakh

May 10, 2024
Any update
Nothing. Just a ghost update on tracker about my mom and my sister file on May 15 after they did the biometric. On IRCC website, It was updated with their biometric number and validity date . Nothing else after that.

We applied from Iran though and the processing time currently is 116 days for Iran. So I don't expect any update soon on their files. (My parents and my sister.)

Last edited:

MrX32

May 30, 2024
I applied for a TRV for my spouse on May 7th. Since then till now no updates not even ghost updates.... So much for faster processing between 14-30 days... Well I suppose the 30 days mark is coming up soon this week. We will see if the within 30 days is just talk...