+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2024 - Inland Spousal Sponsorship

Shiva91

Apr 26, 2019
Applied May 20
AOR June 12 (email to Sponsor)
OWP applied June 13

Quick question if someone can answer...
Does any IRCC officer link the OWP app to PR application tracker or can we (applicants) do something like that on our own? I see an excel sheet tracker which has a column named "OWP linked to account", what is that?
My wife has pgwp until 2026 does she have to apply for owp as well ? Should I call ircc to find out about it ? Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

aashikha

Jun 10, 2024
Category........
Other
My wife has pgwp until 2026 does she have to apply for owp as well ? Should I call ircc to find out about it ? Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
I think she should be all okay as pgwp is valid for a long time. She can continue her working status and keep waiting for PR. I am sure PR will come before PGWP expiry.

Please don't consider my advice as legal advice. Confirm with other sources as well.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thanks
I agree that she doesn't need to apply for OWP since she already has an open work permit good till 2026. Most cases would be approved way before that.
In any case, if that comes to close to the PGWP expiry and PR is still not finalize, she can apply for OWP then.
Hopefully, she won't need to.

aashikha

Jun 10, 2024
Category........
Other
Another question: Does IRCC still require us to do biometrics again for PR even if spouse has already given biometrics for TRV? Or does IRCC now use the same biometrics?

duke_hp

Dec 11, 2023
Another question: Does IRCC still require us to do biometrics again for PR even if spouse has already given biometrics for TRV? Or does IRCC now use the same biometrics?
Yes, As per Guide as well. No matter if you have given biometric in past, you have to pay the fees upfront and also go for biometric again.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html

duke_hp

Dec 11, 2023
IRCC GUIDE:
"
When to give your biometrics
You will need to pay for and then give your biometrics, even if you gave biometrics in the past to support a visitor visa, study or work permit application, or a different permanent resident application.
"

• Love
Reactions: Shiva91

aashikha

Jun 10, 2024
Category........
Other
Thanks guys. I'll just for the BIL. If they don't send one in next couple of months, I'll ask for refund.

karan19944

May 17, 2019
Hello All

I paid the application in March 2024, and it was $1080 at that time
After that, my file was reverted because signatures were missing
I resubmitted in May 2024
And now, after resubmission, I got an email that, the fee has increased, and I need to pay the difference

I found the portal where I can pay the difference, which is $125
The email I received was from CPC Mississauga, and it came from CIC.CPCMississaugaDoNotReply-CTDMississaugaNePasRepondre.CIC@cic.gc.ca which is a do not reply email

where do I need to upload the new receipt because there are no instructions in the pdf received from CPC

What to do in this case ?

Shiva91

Apr 26, 2019
IRCC GUIDE:
"
When to give your biometrics
You will need to pay for and then give your biometrics, even if you gave biometrics in the past to support a visitor visa, study or work permit application, or a different permanent resident application.
"
Oh damn !!
I thought previous one will do just fine
I might pay upfront and send them the receipt.
Thank you

duke_hp

Dec 11, 2023
Hello All

I paid the application in March 2024, and it was $1080 at that time
After that, my file was reverted because signatures were missing
I resubmitted in May 2024
And now, after resubmission, I got an email that, the fee has increased, and I need to pay the difference

I found the portal where I can pay the difference, which is $125
The email I received was from CPC Mississauga, and it came from CIC.CPCMississaugaDoNotReply-CTDMississaugaNePasRepondre.CIC@cic.gc.ca which is a do not reply email

where do I need to upload the new receipt because there are no instructions in the pdf received from CPC

What to do in this case ?
Have you received AOR?
Does any communication from IRCC shows your application number?
If yes, link your application to GCKEY and submit from there.

If not, What is the status of your application in PR portal? Check PR portal if they have provided space to upload additional document.

Else contact IRCC directly though phone or web form.

Shiva91

Apr 26, 2019
I just raised a webform to submit my previous medical form (which was done in November 2020).As per their website they will accept previous medical application if its less than 5 years and posed no risk to public health or safety.
Medical marked complete today

karan19944

May 17, 2019
Have you received AOR?
Does any communication from IRCC shows your application number?
If yes, link your application to GCKEY and submit from there.

If not, What is the status of your application in PR portal? Check PR portal if they have provided space to upload additional document.

Else contact IRCC directly though phone or web form.
Yes it says the application number Application: XF0013XXXXX - INLAND SCLP
Does it start from "X" or it starts from "F" ??

Should I pay fee and raise web form ?

I am not able to link file to PR Portal or GC Key

Thank you in advance

duke_hp

Dec 11, 2023
Yes it says the application number Application: XF0013XXXXX - INLAND SCLP
Does it start from "X" or it starts from "F" ??

Should I pay fee and raise web form ?

I am not able to link file to PR Portal or GC Key

Thank you in advance
X means temporary file number.
Pay the difference amount and generate a web form.

Also try calling IRCC if u r lucky to reach them.

to Link to GC key use different option like application number- try with XF and F both.

In number of applicants (Last Option) enter 2 instead 1.