+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2024 - Citizenship Applications

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Ordered for ATIP notes few days back. Under "Application assignment" section, the application has been assigned to a certain officer (QWxxxxx) and the due date is 8-Oct-2024.
Further to this, the latest notes (NOTES 1 created on 11-Sep-2024) on the file say "Pending ICES report".
Keeping my fingers crossed that I receive some update this week.
ICES report is the CBSA database in which they verify your entry/exit records. Since you applied exactly with 1095 days, they are making sure the days are right :)

Reactions: harryguns

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Hi all,

Our LPP finally completed on Oct 3rd, marked as completed on Oct 5th, and today we received invite for Oath ceremony on 15th Oct. The online portal says:

You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on October 15, 2024.
Follow the instructions we sent to you for information on:
  • how to attend the ceremony
  • what documents you have to present
Should i expect an email with instructions soon? The online portal does not say if the oath is virtual or in person.
Congratulations!!
Yes, you would get the email soon, in the next 1-2 days mostly. The email will indicate the type of ceremony - either virtual or in-person.

Mlongen

Jul 30, 2020
ICES report is the CBSA database in which they verify your entry/exit records. Since you applied exactly with 1095 days, they are making sure the days are right :)
Have you noticed applications taking longer for people really close to 1095 days? I applied with 1107, got test completed in the portal on Aug 6th and still waiting for LPP (Vancouver office)

Reactions: hssrp

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Have you noticed applications taking longer for people really close to 1095 days? I applied with 1107, got test completed in the portal on Aug 6th and still waiting for LPP (Vancouver office)
If there are any trips which they are unable to verify the dates, it takes a while for them to verify with ICES database and mostly ask you to send a complete scan of the passport and in many cases for an in-person interview to make sure the days add up correctly.

If thats not the case, mostly yours is just taking time because Vancouver is generally the slowest office on the planet!!