+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<<<< MAY 2023 AOR >>>>>>>>>>

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
What I would find helpful is people using this forum to express concern, clarify a doubt or help people and not gloat about how quick their applications are getting processed. Nothing against them, but I've been here daily and cannot see how seeing these timelines has helped me.
Easy to see how they are helpful with couple of examples:
1. Separating SS from non-SS applications. Getting a good idea of who's potentially in SS/no-SS.
2. ADR to ADR resolved timelines.
3. Family comp change to ADR.

So many things that will be very hard to keep a track of once this thread goes into month 3 and onwards.

I don't even understand what your first line was even about.

karanwashere

May 31, 2023
What I would find helpful is people using this forum to express concern, clarify a doubt or help people and not gloat about how quick their applications are getting processed. Nothing against them, but I've been here daily and cannot see how seeing these timelines has helped me.
I don't think anybody's gloating. People are just providing info that could serve as a metric for others with similar timelines. Sometimes it helps others raise questions with IRCC if anyone's stuck at a certain step. So I do think it's helpful in that way. I'm sure people's doubts and queries are getting answered as well when posed and explicitly asked for.

crunchyfrappe8

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
Easy to see how they are helpful with couple of examples:
1. Separating SS from non-SS applications. Getting a good idea of who's potentially in SS/no-SS.
2. ADR to ADR resolved timelines.
3. Family comp change to ADR.

So many things that will be very hard to keep a track of once this thread goes into month 3 and onwards.

I don't even understand what your first line was even about.
Well, here's a clarification about what my first line is about - people without any complication in their applications, simply passing judgements like "it seems FSWs are getting processed quicker", while bragging about how their application is being processed quicker as well. I now you had said earlier that it's not helpful to think of "why not me" but it's really difficult not to think that way with posts like that going around, isn't it?

crunchyfrappe8

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
I don't think anybody's gloating. People are just providing info that could serve as a metric for others with similar timelines. Sometimes it helps others raise questions with IRCC if anyone's stuck at a certain step. So I do think it's helpful in that way. I'm sure people's doubts and queries are getting answered as well when posed and explicitly asked for.
Well, the timeline you posted didn't match mine, even though I have a similar AOR. What an I to do with it? Was it helpful in any way other than make me anxious? No. Do I wish I had a similarly quick processing done? Yes. Do I wish that yours gets processed quickly? Of course. Do I wish people don't act all pedantic while being in a better position? Yes, please!

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I now you had said earlier that it's not helpful to think of "why not me" but it's really difficult not to think that way with posts like that going around, isn't it?
Two different things, aren't they? Timelines are what makes everyone so excited about these threads - gives hope, makes someone smile, helps someone feel accomplished (weird, but it does). Tbh, they are the actual fun part of these threads. The whole point is to be happy about processing of anyone. If you see it in that way, you have a very happy community.

Reactions: jef1144

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
All of these applications were based out of India. Another common things is all of them had Canadian education and took points for some Canadian work experience.
I think lack of the need to translate documents is also impacting a bit. Most documents from India are in English and don't need RROC or any other localization team to validate.

Reactions: MapleBoy01

karanwashere

May 31, 2023
Well, the timeline you posted didn't match mine, even though I have a similar AOR. What an I to do with it? Was it helpful in any way other than make me anxious? No. Do I wish I had a similarly quick processing done? Yes. Do I wish that yours gets processed quickly? Of course. Do I wish people don't act all pedantic while being in a better position? Yes, please!
Well, you can refuse to not come to this thread everyday to read other people's timelines and interact only when you have actual queries? How can you just assume that I'm gloating by merely giving a detailed timeline with the mere objective of adding to the datasets and providing a measuring stick for others. They can compare their situations and raise questions accordingly. It's a community in the end. I am just providing info that I know and have discovered in my experience, it may be supportive and bring relief to some, it may not to some others. But isn't that what the whole point of this thread is? Sharing their PR application journeys and experiences?

And also, how am I in a better position? I have read people getting their eligibilities completed in a week, some went from 'not started' to 'complete' directly and I'm going into third week, waiting patiently. I'm supposed to get bitter because I found someone's eligibility got completed quicker while mine is still in progress?

It's all perspectives and ways of looking at it. I hope yours starts and gets completed quickly! Cheers, mate!

Last edited:

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I only joined this forum after AOR. It was fun to share my timeline, see other timelines, and made some great friends here. The best part is that you don't have to be alone when you go from ITA to Landing - so much support and help here.

Fay-control

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Hi Guys! I'm new here. Posting my timelines.

FSW Outland

ITA: 24 March, 2023
AOR: 01 May, 2023
MEP/BIL: 10 May, 2023
Biometric: 16 May, 2023
Eligibility (started on the tracker): 22 May, 2023
Background has been in progress since the start of application.

I personally know a few friends who have gotten their PRs in the last month within 30 days from AORs, one got it in 22 days. All of them were FSW Outland. I dont know what's happening but despite the mixed things I have read on reddit, here and WhatsApp groups, I think FSW Outland applications are being processed the quickest.
I don't think we should compare to other applications, I depends on several factors, we don't have all the same officer, the same documents... Etc
The only thing I am sure of, is that since the beginning of the year, applications are assessed really fast, one of my colleague received an ITA in August 2022, he didn't get the golden email until February 2023.

crunchyfrappe8

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
Well, you can refuse to not come to this thread everyday to read other people's timelines and interact only when you have actual queries? How can you just assume that I'm gloating by merely giving a detailed timeline with the mere objective of adding to the datasets and providing a measuring stick for others. They can compare their situations and raise questions accordingly. It's a community in the end. I am just providing info that I know and have discovered in my experience, it may be supportive and bring relief to some, it may not to some others. But isn't that what the whole point of this thread is? Sharing their PR application journeys and experiences?

And again, how am I in a better position? I have read people getting their eligibilities completed in a week, some went from 'not started' to 'complete' directly and I'm going into third week, waiting patiently. I'm supposed to get bitter because I found someone's eligibility got completed quicker while mine is still in progress?

It's all perspectives and ways of looking at it. I hope yours starts and gets completed quickly! Cheers, mate!
It's the tenth day for you still, comfortably short of the third week. I guess I came off a bit strongly but the point is, even I'm from India and FSW-O. The generalisation that you made was, I'm assuming, based on a relatively small sample size. I didn't mind your timeline, that's usual but the confidence in your observation was based more out of your own experience and that of those around you, rather than rooted in the wider reality.

I'm seeing FSW-Os from March whose eligibility review has not yet started. So, it's a complex situation out there. I guess you and your mates are some of the lucky ones whose applications caught IRCC's attention quickly.

The part you mentioned about having Canadian education and experience was very insightful and explains a lot, to be fair. Thanks for that. I don't have either of those. Good luck with your application :)

crunchyfrappe8

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
I only joined this forum after AOR. It was fun to share my timeline, see other timelines, and made some great friends here. The best part is that you don't have to be alone when you go from ITA to Landing - so much support and help here.
How do you sound like a saint everytime you type something? I mean, come on :D
It's impossible to trust this niceness.

• Haha
Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

crunchyfrappe8

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
I don't think we should compare to other applications, I depends on several factors, we don't have all the same officer, the same documents... Etc
The only thing I am sure of, is that since the beginning of the year, applications are assessed really fast, one of my colleague received an ITA in August 2022, he didn't get the golden email until February 2023.
If you don't mind my asking, do you have Canadian education or work experience?