+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

sinou3939

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
Not sure if you mean me as original poster. I've read everything I could before submitting my application and after getting the email that requested updated physical calculator. I was very stressed out and couldn't find out what I'd missed so was looking for extra set of eyes. TBH there are a lot of questions in this forum that could be answered through search, and I personally don't think it's wrong of anyone to ask those here too. I always find extra confirmation helpful.
That’s fair. I meant slowmoving as the original poster of the question.

kareem19

Oct 23, 2017
Hi, I have the same issue, it says my UCI or App# is invalid whenever I try to check status on ECAS. Did you have to contact them or did it work after few weeks? I applied online. Thanks.
Hi,I tried the next day and it worked. I suggest waiting a couple of days and try. If it still doesn't work, you can contact them.

Reactions: UPA

disp.31089

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
In process in ECAS on Sept 24th.

Just a note to everyone on here. I believe this has been posted earlier as well.
There are two ways to check application status -
1) ECAS https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=ecas
2) Application Status Tracker https://cst-ssc.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

Both systems are different in how they show the status.
I was able to log into the Application Status tracker the day after AOR and saw things in progress.
For the status to show as in progress in ECAS took almost 2 months for me.
I would encourage everyone to report the In Process in ECAS status based on what they see in ECAS.

coalhouse_canada

Jun 30, 2016
Hi all,

I have an update on my application. On ECAS, it shows that it went into “in process” on September 17. And on the status tracker, it shows that my Background verification was completed on September 21.

If I understand correctly, the next step in the process should be an invitation to take the citizenship test. I am based out of Calgary and I understand it is taking a very long time for applicants living here (compared to residents of other cities like Toronto and Montréal) to receive test invites. Anyone know why this is the case? look forward to hearing from you, and good luck to all.

regards,

Reactions: dynisious007

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi all,

I have an update on my application. On ECAS, it shows that it went into “in process” on September 17. And on the status tracker, it shows that my Background verification was completed on September 21.

If I understand correctly, the next step in the process should be an invitation to take the citizenship test. I am based out of Calgary and I understand it is taking a very long time for applicants living here (compared to residents of other cities like Toronto and Montréal) to receive test invites. Anyone know why this is the case? look forward to hearing from you, and good luck to all.

regards,
And Montreal?!! Montreal is the slowest office on Earth. Ontario offices are the fastest. It seems more of a management thing. They put the most competent in hot areas, while other areas get midcore management at best

• Haha
Reactions: mpreetsingh

asing711

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017
Thanks for this. I was curious about why the status didn't show one way while it did the other. What's the significance of ECAS? I've recently moved homes and cannot seem to update my address online, presumably due to this reason.

In process in ECAS on Sept 24th.

Just a note to everyone on here. I believe this has been posted earlier as well.
There are two ways to check application status -
1) ECAS https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=ecas
2) Application Status Tracker https://cst-ssc.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

Both systems are different in how they show the status.
I was able to log into the Application Status tracker the day after AOR and saw things in progress.
For the status to show as in progress in ECAS took almost 2 months for me.
I would encourage everyone to report the In Process in ECAS status based on what they see in ECAS.

dogcatdoc

Mar 23, 2017
Here is my situation:
- Mailed the form out on May 11
- Application received on July 6 according to portal
- Updated on August 13: “We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 13, 2021.” It was sent to my old address. Is this an issue?
- Status “In Progress” for everything (i.e. background check, language skills)

To clarify this is from tracker and not ECAS.

Last edited: