+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

callmebyyourname

Mar 11, 2022
Hello May 2021 applicants,

Are any of you still waiting for your language skills, physical presence, and prohibitions to be marked as complete in your tracker?

I received an email requesting scanned copies of my passport on the 4th of March, 2022, but I've yet to see any of these three fields updated in the tracker. The tracker doesn't even show a notification that I received the email from them...

Any input would be much appreciated.
Same here, I'm waiting for the language skills, physical presence, and prohibitions to be marked as complete since Mar 3.

Do you mind sharing your travel info? Like Which country did you travel?
I'm curious about the reason they've asked for the PP copy.
Do they just simply verify our Physical Presence Calculator form? Or they wanna see non-English stamps get translated.

Appreciate any input.

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
Same here, I'm waiting for the language skills, physical presence, and prohibitions to be marked as complete since Mar 3.

Do you mind sharing your travel info? Like Which country did you travel?
I'm curious about the reason they've asked for the PP copy.
Do they just simply verify our Physical Presence Calculator form? Or they wanna see non-English stamps get translated.

Appreciate any input.
I've only travelled to Kuwait for three months in 2017. They ask for passport copies to verify the travel reported in your physical presence against the entry/exit stamps in your passport and their records.

SPV

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
Nomination.....
13-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
Med's Done....
14-07-2017
Language skills, physical presence and prohibitions updated to "Completed" today. Citizenship ceremony is "not started".

I finished my test on Jan 14th and my test was marked complete on Jan 16th.

Rest of the timeline in my signature.

Last edited:

next_next

Jan 18, 2021

Are any of you still waiting for your language skills, physical presence, and prohibitions to be marked as complete in your tracker?

I received an email requesting scanned copies of my passport on the 4th of March, 2022, but I've yet to see any of these three fields updated in the tracker. The tracker doesn't even show a notification that I received the email from them...

I am still waiting. Only background verification was marked completed on dec 3 2021. Since then no updates...

Grateful2Canada

Aug 14, 2021
I think there might be more of a correlation with the office that sent you the test invite, than what day of the week you took the test. I received my invite to take the citizenship test from the calgary office; took the test on a saturday; and by monday, it was updated to completed. I know some applicants in the vancouver office for example have had to wait longer to see test updated to completed.
Thank you for your response. This definitely made more sense

Reactions: pinkysingha

adrianganea

Star Member
Mar 3, 2022

I am waiting since 22nd November 2021.

Reactions: pinkysingha

adrianganea

Star Member
Mar 3, 2022
Let's hope for the best.

I work for the Ministry of Justice (provincial) over here in BC, and we're officially resuming in-person services next Tuesday. So, I'm betting on federal government resuming in-person services too.
That's good news! Do you think there will be a chance to have both options available (online and on site) from now on?

Reactions: GuyanaGirl

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
That's good news! Do you think there will be a chance to have both options available (online and on site) from now on?
I really don't know, unfortunately. I work for the Provincial Government, while IRCC is a Federal body, so I really can't confirm that IRCC will resume in-person services any time soon. However, I have heard that many government agencies, both at the Federal and Provincial level, will begin resuming in-person services soon. But again, I can't confirm.

Last edited:

pete_sk

Star Member
Feb 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Unknown at the moment
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Feb 2015
AOR Received.
10 April 2015
Med's Done....
19 Jan 2015
Language and Prohibitions now marked completed (March 24)

Physical presence still in progress

kdham

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Finish line in sight, scheduled for Citizenship Ceremony. Thanks.

Type: Paper Based Application
Physical Presence Days: 1118
Application: Single
Application sent: May 12, 2021
Delivered: May 14, 2021
AOR: Aug 23, 2021
Test invite: Nov 9, 2021
Test Completed: Nov 19, 2021
Fingerprint request: Nov 30 2021
Fingerprints sent - Dec 1st 2021
Fingerprint received - Jan 5th 2022
Background check completed - Jan 6th 2022
Language skills, physical presence, prohibitions completed - Decision made - Jan 25th 2022
Citizenship Ceremony in Progress - March 24th
Ceremony Date : April 9th

DEEP2022

Feb 22, 2022
Finish line in sight, scheduled for Citizenship Ceremony. Thanks.

Type: Paper Based Application
Physical Presence Days: 1118
Application: Single
Application sent: May 12, 2021
Delivered: May 14, 2021
AOR: Aug 23, 2021
Test invite: Nov 9, 2021
Test Completed: Nov 19, 2021
Fingerprint request: Nov 30 2021
Fingerprints sent - Dec 1st 2021
Fingerprint received - Jan 5th 2022
Background check completed - Jan 6th 2022
Language skills, physical presence, prohibitions completed - Decision made - Jan 25th 2022
Citizenship Ceremony in Progress - March 24th
Ceremony Date : April 9th
Congratulations!!