+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>MAY 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Mbains

Star Member
Apr 18, 2020
Guys - I got a call from IRCC today. 15 mins of interview; confirmation of address,job etc.

I hear this means they will issue COPR soon? What is the timeline in regards to this? How long do I need to wait after this call? Any clue?

AOR May 21st
Inland
CEC
What did they ask about job? Did they ask the job title for the experience applied on the profile or the recent job? Actually I left my old job because I found another good one. And I m CEC inland

Last edited:

SyedZaidi1

Star Member
Feb 14, 2014
What did they ask about job? Did they ask the job title for the experience applied on the profile or the recent job? Actually I left my old job because I found another good one. And I m CEC inland
Nothing much... title, location and when did you start basically

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
small update from me, trying to be hopeful and positive but every step forward just seems to open up new ambiguity/frustration...

I called IRCC today because I saw a ghost update on my account 2 days ago. I know lots of people have been getting mass GUs for system glitches etc but I never got one when large groups got them so I figured this one might actually be meaningful.

I gave biometrics on october 15th, and agent told me today that the ghost update was finally my criminality being passed - that's the good news!

So my status is now eligibility/criminality/security = passed. this is such a relief as eligibility/Security were passed in july and my application hasn't been touched since then, until two days ago.

I asked if it's now been routed to a medical officer, and if there's any new notes on the file at all. My medical assessment is still at in-progress, with GCMS notes indicating does not pass, which I knew because I said yes to the "do you have a serious condition" question and so this is an automatic outcome which generally triggers PFL by medical officer. But you may recall from my other posts that the officer who passed my eligibility manually wrote in the notes "Medical : Passed" so I've been waiting to understand which of these two status is the reality.

Last call center agent a month ago said "next time someone picks up your file for criminality they will have to clarify that and then you'll either have the file sent to medical officer for PFL or it'll progress to approval". When i found out today criminality was passed, I got hopeful and asked about this.

Was told that there are no notes, agents don't have visibility as to the officer type it is assigned to next (med/regular) and don't know what will happen next. But said that usually when they're going to ask for more tests or anything, it is written in notes.

So I guess now even more waiting...

Mbains

Star Member
Apr 18, 2020
small update from me, trying to be hopeful and positive but every step forward just seems to open up new ambiguity/frustration...

I called IRCC today because I saw a ghost update on my account 2 days ago. I know lots of people have been getting mass GUs for system glitches etc but I never got one when large groups got them so I figured this one might actually be meaningful.

I gave biometrics on october 15th, and agent told me today that the ghost update was finally my criminality being passed - that's the good news!

So my status is now eligibility/criminality/security = passed. this is such a relief as eligibility/Security were passed in july and my application hasn't been touched since then, until two days ago.

I asked if it's now been routed to a medical officer, and if there's any new notes on the file at all. My medical assessment is still at in-progress, with GCMS notes indicating does not pass, which I knew because I said yes to the "do you have a serious condition" question and so this is an automatic outcome which generally triggers PFL by medical officer. But you may recall from my other posts that the officer who passed my eligibility manually wrote in the notes "Medical : Passed" so I've been waiting to understand which of these two status is the reality.

Last call center agent a month ago said "next time someone picks up your file for criminality they will have to clarify that and then you'll either have the file sent to medical officer for PFL or it'll progress to approval". When i found out today criminality was passed, I got hopeful and asked about this.

Was told that there are no notes, agents don't have visibility as to the officer type it is assigned to next (med/regular) and don't know what will happen next. But said that usually when they're going to ask for more tests or anything, it is written in notes.

So I guess now even more waiting...
Congrats for the update Atleast everything has been passed in ur file and its such a relief specially criminality and security.. huge milestones ..Can you share you aor and visa office if you don’t mind?

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
Congrats for the update Atleast everything has been passed in ur file and its such a relief specially criminality and security.. huge milestones ..Can you share you aor and visa office if you don’t mind?
thankyou but, sadly, everything is not passed - medical is still open, but it is progress. AOR may 2nd, VO ottawa. you can look over some of my past posts for more detailed background and dates and stuff.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Guys,

Does anyone have the idea what happens when the processing timeline gets 100% completed?
Posted processing times in the progress bar is based on average processing times and may still be precovid times. You can go over 100% because the progress bar is not based on your specific case. Would order GCMS notes if you want to know more about your application.

Biyun Dong

Nov 20, 2020
I submitted my documents on May 26 for PR, But I am still waiting for the AIR, Could you please share with me some information about when I could have WORD. Thanks

Vjade89

May 6, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
06-05-2020
Still waiting for some sort of response from Immigration, - just wanting to connect with other PR applicants in May 2020... here is my timeline;

-Inland Australian Citizen applicant-
PR CEC Received date: May 6, 2020
Medical passed: August 21, 2020
Biometrics complete: October 19, 2020
Background check: ... Still processing ...

Haven't heard a thing since I had my biometrics completed in October, was hoping for some communication in Nov or Dec.

Not hearing anything is the worst, but luckily I am already here in Canada and my BOWP was approved while I've been waiting. At least now I have an official piece of paper from Immigration to relax me... for the time being.