+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MAY 2019 Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

Bungali88

Aug 2, 2019
I have AOR and was able to link my application online on August 5th but even now I can't link my OWP... is there a guide or something for common mistakes I might be making? I'm asking because I saw multiple people say that you should be able to link OWP a few days after linking the initial application and I'm anxious about being able to continue working.
I’m in the same situation. The OWP, although sent off with the PR application, is a separate application so should be treated as one. If you’re worried about continuing to work which status do you currently have?

IrrMirr

Star Member
May 8, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
I have AOR and was able to link my application online on August 5th but even now I can't link my OWP... is there a guide or something for common mistakes I might be making? I'm asking because I saw multiple people say that you should be able to link OWP a few days after linking the initial application and I'm anxious about being able to continue working.
I got AOR on July 09 and was able to link OWP on July 18 (so longer than "a few days") and got it approved on July 23. I d say - dont panic yet) Waiting sucks but that s all we can do. Good luck!

Eheheh

Mar 14, 2019
Hi!

Using my GCKey account.
Selected Temporary residence, subcat: work permit and extension.

Application details: UCI and family name
Applicant’s personal information: Place of birth
Details of intended work in Canada: Open (initial application or extension)
Information about the applicant’s work in Canada:
Current Country of residence: Canada
Current marital status: married
Which situation applies to the applicant: Applied for permanent residence as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada
Thanks so much. Il try this today. Have a great one.

Reactions: jhaye18

jhaye18

Jun 11, 2019
Good Aftie!

Just wanna share.

Got a “ghost update” on my OWP application. When i checked my OWP on GCKey, the status was “Application/profile updated” then i checked full application status (nothing has changed) went back to Account profile and the stat when back to submitted.

Hoping a good news soon.

Samantha F

Star Member
Feb 15, 2019
Are you guys linking your OWP on GCKEY first, or the PR application? Maybe my issue is I'm doing it in the wrong order...

SofiaMartins

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Good Aftie!

Just wanna share.

Got a “ghost update” on my OWP application. When i checked my OWP on GCKey, the status was “Application/profile updated” then i checked full application status (nothing has changed) went back to Account profile and the stat when back to submitted.

Hoping a good news soon.
When mine did that, it went to "reviewed" which is good

You should get an answer in a couple of days :)

Reactions: jhaye18

Samantha F

Star Member
Feb 15, 2019
Thanks.. I'm still struggling, I'm not good with computers at all! When I try to "Link an existing application to this account" and I select "Work permit and extension" I don't have the option to move forward and search for it. Just to "Go to main account page". I guess that means I'm not ready to link it yet?

LittleNinja

May 21, 2019
Thanks.. I'm still struggling, I'm not good with computers at all! When I try to "Link an existing application to this account" and I select "Work permit and extension" I don't have the option to move forward and search for it. Just to "Go to main account page". I guess that means I'm not ready to link it yet?
Select Temporary Residency first and then Work Permit.

Blueface

Mar 15, 2019
Hey everyone.

I just got the AOR yesterday, after 83 days of receipt. I can't really link the app on my account because we used a representative. So the question is, can I still find the OWP application status on ECAS if we use the PA info?

Sulwyn

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
Oh my god. I finally managed to link my app today. Still haven't received AoR and ECAS is still stuck on received but I'm expecting both to update tomorrow or friday. I'm so happy right now. I was SURE that my app was gonna be returned since I hadn't seen any movement for 2 and a half months.