singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hi
Do outland spousal sponsorships have an MP as well and if so, how can one identify and/or contact them?

Thank you !
Q not clear but OK we all have MPs. Sponsor can contact an MP at the final stage if he/she does not see any moment for a very long time , no letters or updates. AN MP can only pass the info to you as to what is happening there. MP cannot expedite the process of any files. BUT MP>> if you had some other meaning then sorry

marriumkhan96

Jan 5, 2019
Ok one question is clear, we all have MPs. So if the sponsor is living outside of Canada, and the application is sent from country of residence at that time, how can I know who our MP is?

For instance, the sponsor lives in country A (birthplace) and principal applicant the spouse is from country A (birthplace) as well but resides in country B for job, then in that case none live in canada. Then how can we know who our is MP?

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Ok one question is clear, we all have MPs. So if the sponsor is living outside of Canada, and the application is sent from country of residence at that time, how can I know who our MP is?

For instance, the sponsor lives in country A (birthplace) and principal applicant the spouse is from country A (birthplace) as well but resides in country B for job, then in that case none live in canada. Then how can we know who our is MP?
Any Canadian is able to find MP from address where he lives from internet

Krisdan

Oct 5, 2018
Q not clear but OK we all have MPs. Sponsor can contact an MP at the final stage if he/she does not see any moment for a very long time , no letters or updates. AN MP can only pass the info to you as to what is happening there. MP cannot expedite the process of any files. BUT MP>> if you had some other meaning then sorry
What constitute as the final stage? My wife's application is currently at "We are processing your Background Check" since November 2018, no movement on the file. GCMS notes showed that my wife passed her medical exam but ECAS and the Phone system said they have not received her medical result. Should I contact our MP for this? We applied in May 2018. We have a representative who is on Vacation since Dec 2018 and will not be back for a while...

that90sguy

Star Member
Oct 25, 2018
What constitute as the final stage? My wife's application is currently at "We are processing your Background Check" since November 2018, no movement on the file. GCMS notes showed that my wife passed her medical exam but ECAS and the Phone system said they have not received her medical result. Should I contact our MP for this? We applied in May 2018. We have a representative who is on Vacation since Dec 2018 and will not be back for a while...
I have a similar timeline but my Med status is passed in GC key. They definitely haven't updated your online tools. Notes won't lie.
Can I ask if you have a paid representative how did you order the notes? Who received them and how do you check your GCkey?
Thanks
JR

Krisdan

Oct 5, 2018
I have a similar timeline but my Med status is passed in GC key. They definitely haven't updated your online tools. Notes won't lie.
Can I ask if you have a paid representative how did you order the notes? Who received them and how do you check your GCkey?
Thanks
JR
We have a paid representative and he ordered the notes and reviewed them. I do not have access to GCKey because its linked to our representative's portal and he would update us every 2-3 months or if there is an update with the file.

Edit: (Add Inquiry): Since I have a paid representative, if I request for GCMS notes and send a consent form signed by my wife, will this overwrite the consent form sent by our representative if we ask him to request an ATIP on our behalf? The reason why I don't want to ask my representative is because he charges 150+ dollars per hour for each inquiry even though we have already paid 4.5k to him.

Last edited:

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
May like to read notes carefully, rather post all notes copy in this link(keeping privacy of course):-
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gcms-notes-well-explained-has-never-before-until-now.390292/
We all are not able understand notes fully. There could be something about interview recommended or waived? + medical.if notes read ok then don't worry as some1 did not update all. May also re-order notes as well only $5 a pop up. Notes are more authentic than ecas updates etc.. as notes are non changeable even if an officer wants to change mind later, it is not easily possible.
On the other hand its not bad idea to contact local MP but recommended to see MP if many months passed no actions seen.. You are waiting for 2 months of "BGC started" BGC may take longer if she traveled many countries. They dont care which MP you come thru, but it depends on MP ; if an outside of your area 's MP takes you or suggests to go to your own. I had a friend contacted out of area MP in his 4th month of app ,was stuck in BGC came out to be a wrongly filled form and was successful.
Also did you submit a tracking sheet from Dr via webform? I wonder if that would make a diff on ecas!

Reactions: Lucky713

that90sguy

Star Member
Oct 25, 2018
We have a paid representative and he ordered the notes and reviewed them. I do not have access to GCKey because its linked to our representative's portal and he would update us every 2-3 months or if there is an update with the file.

Edit: (Add Inquiry): Since I have a paid representative, if I request for GCMS notes and send a consent form signed by my wife, will this overwrite the consent form sent by our representative if we ask him to request an ATIP on our behalf? The reason why I don't want to ask my representative is because he charges 150+ dollars per hour for each inquiry even though we have already paid 4.5k to him.
This is why I don't want my Rep to do it for me. And I am unsure if it will override the consent. Need expert advice on this. @canuck78 @canuck_in_uk @scylla

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
This is why I don't want my Rep to do it for me. And I am unsure if it will override the consent. Need expert advice on this. @canuck78 @canuck_in_uk @scylla
You can cancel a rep anytime by filling a form and submitting via webform
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigration-citizenship-representative/change-cancel.html
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5476e.pdf
But all immi reps are not bad or not the same, some can get quicker results as seen. Others would charge you less money but again charge you more for ADR/appeal etc..So totals comes out more with a cheaper rep. One rep was suggesting me NOT to attach any phone records unless they ask. But I told him it is written to submit.

that90sguy

Star Member
Oct 25, 2018
You can cancel a rep anytime by filling a form and submitting via webform
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigration-citizenship-representative/change-cancel.html
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5476e.pdf
But all immi reps are not bad or not the same, some can get quicker results as seen. Others would charge you less money but again charge you more for ADR/appeal etc..So totals comes out more with a cheaper rep. One rep was suggesting me NOT to attach any phone records unless they ask. But I told him it is written to submit.
I don't want to cancel my Representative, I just need to get GCMS notes without my rep involved. I don't know if ordering notes will cancel our rep and who will receive the notes if it doesn't overwrite the rep.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
I don't want to cancel my Representative, I just need to get GCMS notes without my rep involved. I don't know if ordering notes will cancel our rep and who will receive the notes if it doesn't overwrite the rep.
You already have seen notes probably came via rep? My guess ONLY notes can be delivered to any one as written on the form.. Wait for a senior to reply on this

LQ251485

Dec 21, 2018
Why don’t you call the automated number ?it will help you understand and answer your questions.

that90sguy

Star Member
Oct 25, 2018
Why don’t you call the automated number ?it will help you understand and answer your questions.
Automated system is just the overview. Notes are in depth explanation of the status of your application.
I just want to order notes because 99% of the applications similar or close to my timeline are already transferred to either CPC or Local VO.
I'm gonna hold off for now and if there's no activity for by the end of Feb then I'll order them.