+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 AOR - join here

Ri-1989n

Aug 16, 2018
So finally we have an update after the proof of funds was asked on 24th Jan, which we submitted on 28th Jan, that the background check has begun. I don't know still how far is the PPR but with these updates at least my hopes are up. What about you guys ? anybody similar out there.

PS : Also got a letter stating that i am a candidate for immigration to Canada and how i can find a job there. Is this normal ?

gauravahluwalia

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Category........
FSW
So finally we have an update after the proof of funds was asked on 24th Jan, which we submitted on 28th Jan, that the background check has begun. I don't know still how far is the PPR but with these updates at least my hopes are up. What about you guys ? anybody similar out there.

PS : Also got a letter stating that i am a candidate for immigration to Canada and how i can find a job there. Is this normal ?
Thats a general letter. I received it in dec when my bgc started as well

gauravahluwalia

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Category........
FSW
How long has been your BGC going on ?
Since December 6th.
Got ADR for wifes pcc on 12th that I submitted on 16th.
Then on 8th jan raised CSE with 2nd pcc cos the earlier pcc had issues.
Around 21-22nd jan file got transferred to London. Since then no news

Last i heard from call centre was that criminality in progress and security not started

Ri-1989n

Aug 16, 2018
Since December 6th.
Got ADR for wifes pcc on 12th that I submitted on 16th.
Then on 8th jan raised CSE with 2nd pcc cos the earlier pcc had issues.
Around 21-22nd jan file got transferred to London. Since then no news

Last i heard from call centre was that criminality in progress and security not started
Oh Geez! There goes my silver lining :(..All the best to you though

gauravahluwalia

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Category........
FSW
Oh Geez! There goes my silver lining :(..All the best to you though
Nah dont worry much.
I was stuck in "we are reviewing your additional documents" from june to dec.

So when i got the same letter and my bgc started i was so happy.

Then i got my gcms which had rr and turns out it took so long cos of RR. So I got nervous again.

Then I called up cic and they told me eligibility is cleared so i got happy again.

Then the long wait till jan 22nd made me nervous again.

I even got a ghost update on 22nd. Since then I have been checking online 2-3 times daily lol. But now i am nervous the most cos once application moves overseas call centre agents stop helping you.

But to be honest, even though i dont know what the ghost update was for, i am happy at least my file is being looked at.

So sure its a rollercoaster, but you getting the letter is good thing regardless of how much onger it takes because it means your file is no linger gathering dust :D

Raghunandini

Jul 22, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Hello everyone !!
My AOR is 3rd May.
Have passed medical and criminality but the background check is in processing since 28th June.
Have ordered GCMS notes also which says my work experience is Review Required.
And how much time more i have to wait for the PPR.
I have not got any mail for additional document so far.
Are there any chances of rejection at this stage????

Please help !!!!

gauravahluwalia

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hello everyone !!
My AOR is 3rd May.
Have passed medical and criminality but the background check is in processing since 28th June.

Please help !!!!

What exactly is the RR for? Did you submit any LoE or documents via CSE to rectify the RR?

nevplus

Jun 14, 2018
Hi,

AOR 22 May here.
This is very helpful. I am in the same situation as yours I think. I got my GCMS note at end December and I notice that my case was not opened since the 31 May, because a review was required as my LoE doesn't list the duties.
I sent an updated LoE via CSE begining of January and I am waiting since without any update noticed.

Thank you for CPC Ottawa email, I will send them an email, could you advise what should I write in this email ?
I just asked or updates as the 6 months had passed and I mentioned that I uploaded updated documents via CSE if you do email them please note

"Please note that for all correspondence to our office, you must provide your application number as the first item in subject line of your email and include at the start of the body of your email the following information:

· Surname and Given name(s);

· Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD);

· Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number / Client ID number;

· Category of Immigration (CEC, Provincial Nominee, Family Class, Federal Skilled Worker, Temporary Resident);
If you have provided the APPLICATION NUMBER but not the other credentials, there is NO NEED TO RE-SEND your email, please simply include all the information next time you write to us."

That is in the text of their automatic reply so it might be helpful for you.

Reactions: Samirdz

huamixia

Feb 6, 2019
Finally received the notice of landing interview from IRCC-Winnipeg office this morning. Are there anythings I should pay attention for the coming interview?
FYI, AOR: May 22, 2018; SS started from: June 20, 2018 (read this info from the CBSA note); 1st Ghost update: June 18, 2018; 2nd Ghost update: Feb 5, 2019.

Reactions: P.B.

Ram10

Star Member
Nov 12, 2018
Finally received the notice of landing interview from IRCC-Winnipeg office this morning. Are there anythings I should pay attention for the coming interview?
FYI, AOR: May 22, 2018; SS started from: June 20, 2018 (read this info from the CBSA note); 1st Ghost update: June 18, 2018; 2nd Ghost update: Feb 5, 2019.
When you say SS, do you mean Security screening? and it took almost 7 months?

huamixia

Feb 6, 2019
When you say SS, do you mean Security screening? and it took almost 7 months?
Yes, our (both my husband and I subjected to SS) Security Screening lasted for almost 7 months. It's not that bad. I heard SS usually takes around 1 year in many cases.

Reactions: Ram10

Samirdz

Nov 7, 2018
Hello everyone !!
My AOR is 3rd May.

Please help !!!!
It depend on why exactly your work experience require a review, in my case it was the duties for each position that was missing.
I didn't got an ADR also despite my file was not opened since end May, I discover it via a GCMS. I sent them the required document by rising a CSE.

Samirdz

Nov 7, 2018
I just asked or updates as the 6 months had passed and I mentioned that I uploaded updated documents via CSE if you do email them please note

"Please note that for all correspondence to our office, you must provide your application number as the first item in subject line of your email and include at the start of the body of your email the following information:

· Surname and Given name(s);

· Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD);

· Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number / Client ID number;

· Category of Immigration (CEC, Provincial Nominee, Family Class, Federal Skilled Worker, Temporary Resident);
If you have provided the APPLICATION NUMBER but not the other credentials, there is NO NEED TO RE-SEND your email, please simply include all the information next time you write to us."

That is in the text of their automatic reply so it might be helpful for you.
Thank you :) I will send them an email now.