+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***MAY 2017***OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I just read people here receive AOR2 after uploading Schedule A, does that mean you get AOR2 even if you haven't uploaded your police certificate yet just Schedule A?
I also understand the frustration of the people here, they received my application 29th of May but i already received my AOR yesterday, so what they are saying about processing May 20th applications should be taken with a pinch of salt.
Agree, the call center people do not have the most up to date info.

AOR2 will come once your respective Visa Office starts processing the file. This happens after the file is transferred out of Mississauga. :) The VO depends on what country you are applying from.

John013

Jun 17, 2017
The Netherlands
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-06-2017
File Transfer...
03-07-2017
Med's Request
02-11-2017
Med's Done....
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2018
LANDED..........
06-10-2018
Agree, the call center people do not have the most up to date info.

AOR2 will come once your respective Visa Office starts processing the file. This happens after the file is transferred out of Mississauga. :) The VO depends on what country you are applying from.
Thank you, i guess i will just dutifully upload both Schedule A and my police certificate and see what happens. :)

John013

Jun 17, 2017
The Netherlands
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-06-2017
File Transfer...
03-07-2017
Med's Request
02-11-2017
Med's Done....
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2018
LANDED..........
06-10-2018
You should not upload or send anything unless they ask for it.
They asked me for those 2 things, they have given me around 5 weeks to do it, i will be applying for my police certificate tomorrow, hope it will get here in time. Otherwise i can also upload the receipt showing that i requested and paid for the police certificate if it doesn't get here in time, will be my last resort.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
They asked me for those 2 things, they have given me around 5 weeks to do it, i will be applying for my police certificate tomorrow, hope it will get here in time. Otherwise i can also upload the receipt showing that i requested and paid for the police certificate if it doesn't get here in time, will be my last resort.
oh perfect! that's great. If you miss the deadline it doesn't shut your application down or anything. where do you need the police cert from?

Reactions: John013

John013

Jun 17, 2017
The Netherlands
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-06-2017
File Transfer...
03-07-2017
Med's Request
02-11-2017
Med's Done....
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2018
LANDED..........
06-10-2018
oh perfect! that's great. If you miss the deadline it doesn't shut your application down or anything. where do you need the police cert from?
The Netherlands, they say it can take up to 8 weeks, but hopefully they wont take that long, i don't have criminal record so it should be quick and simple enough.

John013

Jun 17, 2017
The Netherlands
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-06-2017
File Transfer...
03-07-2017
Med's Request
02-11-2017
Med's Done....
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2018
LANDED..........
06-10-2018
Awesome, good luck!
Thank you, same to you and everyone here, i will definitely hang around for when i need any help, and once i get further along in the process i may be able to help others here too with my experiences.

Reactions: rosettebarrera

JULLIE

Jun 7, 2017
Hi everyone! I am a newbie here and my question may sounds idiotic but your advice will be much appreciated.

On the updated check list for spouse sponsorship, provide copies of birth cert or baptismal cert of your family members whether they are accompanying you to Canada or Not. Does this mean i have to provide my parents' and siblings bc's even if they are not included in the application?

Thank you in advance. I don't know if i am posting it in the right thread but i hope someone could help me.

HumaHaider

Jun 28, 2017
Hi. I submitted my application in April 2017 and my process started in May 2017. I have been asked for Police Certificate & Medical Exam aswell. I have cleared the medical Exam. Now i have received an email that my application has been sent to London Visa Office for further processing. I want to ask how much time would london office take?Am i on the last stage of background check or what?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi. I submitted my application in April 2017 and my process started in May 2017. I have been asked for Police Certificate & Medical Exam aswell. I have cleared the medical Exam. Now i have received an email that my application has been sent to London Visa Office for further processing. I want to ask how much time would london office take?Am i on the last stage of background check or what?
London is averaging about 7-8 months. There is a thread for London apps.

Reactions: HumaHaider

karthik.andhamil

Jun 19, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FAM
Hi everyone! I am a newbie here and my question may sounds idiotic but your advice will be much appreciated.

On the updated check list for spouse sponsorship, provide copies of birth cert or baptismal cert of your family members whether they are accompanying you to Canada or Not. Does this mean i have to provide my parents' and siblings bc's even if they are not included in the application?

Thank you in advance. I don't know if i am posting it in the right thread but i hope someone could help me.
As far as I know, you family means your spouse and children. Not parents and siblings.

Lia77

Sep 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
03-08-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
File Transfer...
10-10-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
03-01-2018
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2018
LANDED..........
Waiting
Lia - is that your name? I honestly understand your frustration but being angry about it does not help. You are one of tens of thousands with applications in. If you get residency within the 12 month timeline then the file has been processed according to timelines. I'm just telling you this because whether or not you're right, it actually doesn't change how the process works. We are further along in our application than you, but especially once it gets sent to a VO, you just wait. That's it. You sit and you wait. And you watch other people around you that applied after you get DM. This is just how it is. Sometimes it hurts, honestly. I get it, I really do. But that being said...The best thing to do is try to stay as positive as possible, because we're all in the same boat, and everyone knows how it feels.
Its not about me being angry or not. Its just surprises me how come someone from Embassy Says that " We don't have spouse Visa" I know it's all about
waiting but after getting AOR you know what are you waiting for next.. but after talking to them several times this is what I know that, My files maybe there but they can't be sure or my files maybe returned but they can't tell that either coz I will know when it arrives at my mailbox. This is not how an Embassy Should work. They are giving random information to random people's nothing is specific. It is possible that they lost my files and it is possible they also returned my files and lost it on the way. So I have my reasons to be worried and if someone doesn't like me sharing my thoughts and experience about my application just ignore it or report it if something violates. I am not impatient, I just value my time that's all.

karthik.andhamil

Jun 19, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FAM
Its not about me being angry or not. Its just surprises me how come someone from Embassy Says that " We don't have spouse Visa" I know it's all about
waiting but after getting AOR you know what are you waiting for next.. but after talking to them several times this is what I know that, My files maybe there but they can't be sure or my files maybe returned but they can't tell that either coz I will know when it arrives at my mailbox. This is not how an Embassy Should work. They are giving random information to random people's nothing is specific. It is possible that they lost my files and it is possible they also returned my files and lost it on the way. So I have my reasons to be worried and if someone doesn't like me sharing my thoughts and experience about my application just ignore it or report it if something violates. I am not impatient, I just value my time that's all.
Yes. I agree. An Immigration department especially of a great country like Canada should not function like this. They should be able to answer our queries. I became PR myself last year through CEC class and the process was seamless. I do not understand why Family Sponsorship application is still paper based. That's causing lot of delay and mistakes like misplacing and losing. I am sure they can reduce at least 1 month in processing time if they switch to online system.