Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
AOR Received.
23-06-2014
LANDED..........
In Canada
I have just received my GCMS notes, it took 29 days.

This does not really worry me;

2014/12/17

CRIMINALITY: PA: - RCMP Screening: No reportable trace. - Police Certificates: - United Kingdom: POTENTIAL ADVERSE INFORMATION "NO LIVE TRACE".
RECOMMENDATION: REVIEW REQUIRED BY OFFICER

Something did happen way back in 1991 and I entered this on my form. It was a very long time ago, I'm just a little surprised they have not followed up on this as its been two months since this was entered on their systems.

Should I be more worried or am I ok? Thanks.

SimonSez

Star Member
Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
AOR Received.
12-06-2014
Med's Request
04-12-2014
Med's Done....
06-12-2014 (uploaded to EMed on Dec. 20)
Cepheus74 said:
I have just received my GCMS notes, it took 29 days.

This does not really worry me;

2014/12/17

CRIMINALITY: PA: - RCMP Screening: No reportable trace. - Police Certificates: - United Kingdom: POTENTIAL ADVERSE INFORMATION "NO LIVE TRACE".
RECOMMENDATION: REVIEW REQUIRED BY OFFICER

Something did happen way back in 1991 and I entered this on my form. It was a very long time ago, I'm just a little surprised they have not followed up on this as its been two months since this was entered on their systems.

Should I be more worried or am I ok? Thanks.
In my opinion, it depends on the nature of the averse information on police certificate. I know of a friend who was detained due to some immigration related mixup in US in the past. However, when the stuff was sorted out he was told to leave US. So his FBI check mentioned that detention. He provided a letter of explanation on the reason and the outcome of the proceeding and was granted PR and is probably a Citizen by now. As for the timeline, I wouldn't worry too much about that. It seems they were really speeding things up at the end of last year but have gone into a much slower pace in new year. Last notes on my GCMS were from the beginning of December and I have heard nothing yet.

SimonSez

Star Member
Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
AOR Received.
12-06-2014
Med's Request
04-12-2014
Med's Done....
06-12-2014 (uploaded to EMed on Dec. 20)
adipadi said:
My GCMS notes have arrived and it says what I feared most. It says that the documentation I provided does not contain information on my roles and responsibilities in the company. At the time of application, my employer refused to provide me a letter with roles and responsibilities (some indian employers do that). So I had thought of providing 'alternate' documents.

1. Letter signed by a senior colleague where he confirms my roles and responsibilities. This letter was notarized.
2. His visiting card with his signature on the back.
3. A basic employment letter from the employer which states that 'this guy works for us'.
4. Previously dated appointment letters issued by the employer.
5. A soft copy of an email where the HR person denies giving a detailed experience letter including roles and responsibilities.

I sent all these documents including a cover letter where I explain my situation in detail.

Despite all this, the VO thinks my documentation does not contain details of job roles and responsibilities.

I know for sure that I do not more to offer.

What do I do? I have pulled every rabbit out of my hat already. :(
I do not see what else can you do beyond what you have already provided. Were you on LMO in the past? You can submit that as additional evidence for your NOC as that is what they need the detailed job description letter for primarily.

adipadi

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
SimonSez said:
I do not see what else can you do beyond what you have already provided. Were you on LMO in the past? You can submit that as additional evidence for your NOC as that is what they need the detailed job description letter for primarily.
No LMO. I was on ICT and then moved to an open work permit.

ssohal153

Star Member
Jun 7, 2014
adipadi said:
My GCMS notes have arrived and it says what I feared most. It says that the documentation I provided does not contain information on my roles and responsibilities in the company. At the time of application, my employer refused to provide me a letter with roles and responsibilities (some indian employers do that). So I had thought of providing 'alternate' documents.

1. Letter signed by a senior colleague where he confirms my roles and responsibilities. This letter was notarized.
2. His visiting card with his signature on the back.
3. A basic employment letter from the employer which states that 'this guy works for us'.
4. Previously dated appointment letters issued by the employer.
5. A soft copy of an email where the HR person denies giving a detailed experience letter including roles and responsibilities.

I sent all these documents including a cover letter where I explain my situation in detail.

Despite all this, the VO thinks my documentation does not contain details of job roles and responsibilities.

I know for sure that I do not more to offer.

What do I do? I have pulled every rabbit out of my hat already. :(

But your NOC code match with the work permit issued right?

ssohal153

Star Member
Jun 7, 2014
adipadi said:
Yes. They do not point that as a concern.
I think NOC code and Work permit is issued based on role and responsibilty.

If they are saying in GCMS that salary and noc code matching then we are good. As most of the companies not provided the letter in format CIC requested.

adipadi

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
ssohal153 said:
I think NOC code and Work permit is issued based on role and responsibilty.

If they are saying in GCMS that salary and noc code matching then we are good. As most of the companies not provided the letter in format CIC requested.
The notes say:-

WORK EXPERIENCE: CEC qualifying period is from [date] to [date]. Dates of authorized work experience are within 'qualifying period' - in a skill level 0, A or B occupation.
NOC: 2171 selected, Full time Sr. Consultant with XXXX Ltd. Employment letters dated XXX & XXXX confirm dates of employment, position title and a salary of $xxxK per year. Both T4 and NOA from 2013 show reported earnings of $xxxxK. Letter does not provide information regarding applicant's duties and functions within the company. Review required.

So it does not say one way or the other about the NOC code matching to the work permit or not.

ssohal153

Star Member
Jun 7, 2014
adipadi said:
The notes say:-

WORK EXPERIENCE: CEC qualifying period is from [date] to [date]. Dates of authorized work experience are within 'qualifying period' - in a skill level 0, A or B occupation.
NOC: 2171 selected, Full time Sr. Consultant with XXXX Ltd. Employment letters dated XXX & XXXX confirm dates of employment, position title and a salary of $xxxK per year. Both T4 and NOA from 2013 show reported earnings of $xxxxK. Letter does not provide information regarding applicant's duties and functions within the company. Review required.

So it does not say one way or the other about the NOC code matching to the work permit or not.
But in mine it is clearly mentioned bout this. Please see this.

Application: I have analysed the application based upon the document submitted by the applicant and the information in the file and make the following recommendation. ACTION ITEMS.**** GENERAL RESULT:Medical not started for all applicants*** - Principle applicant:***Police certificate ****-India:Required.
Employment letter dated (3-Oct-2013) confirms date(s) of employment position title and a Salary of $*** per year.Both a T4 and NOA from 2013 shows reported earning of $***.Both a T4 and NOA from 2012 shows reported earning of $***.Letter does not provide information regarding applicant's duties and function with in the company .ADDITIONAL NOTES: PA's C12 WP's were for same NOC.PA's salary appear to be in line with what is listed for NOC in jobbank website.
MEDICALS: MEDICALS NOT STARTED FOR ALL APPLICANTS RECOMMENDATION: REVIEW REQUIRED BY OFFICER.

adipadi

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
ssohal153 said:
But in mine it is clearly mentioned bout this. Please see this.

Application: I have analysed the application based upon the document submitted by the applicant and the information in the file and make the following recommendation. ACTION ITEMS.**** GENERAL RESULT:Medical not started for all applicants*** - Principle applicant:***Police certificate ****-India:Required.
Employment letter dated (3-Oct-2013) confirms date(s) of employment position title and a Salary of $*** per year.Both a T4 and NOA from 2013 shows reported earning of $***.Both a T4 and NOA from 2012 shows reported earning of $***.Letter does not provide information regarding applicant's duties and function with in the company .ADDITIONAL NOTES: PA's C12 WP's were for same NOC.PA's salary appear to be in line with what is listed for NOC in jobbank website.
MEDICALS: MEDICALS NOT STARTED FOR ALL APPLICANTS RECOMMENDATION: REVIEW REQUIRED BY OFFICER.
Sadly mine does not say that. I did verify that my work permits mention that my occupation is 'consultant', which really comes under 2171. I wonder what the officer was thinking.

Capaneo

Oct 23, 2014
Hi,

I applied from within Canada and got AOR on Mar 24th of 2014. Since then I have not heard ANYTHING from CIC. My online status just says "Application Recived". I applied for a Bridge Work Permit and even that is expiring now.

I tried calling CIC and no answer from anyone. Nobody picks up the phone. How can I find an update about my status? Should I just wait? Is it possible my medical has been lost in the mail?

What is also this GCMS you guys referring to?

Any help/comment would be really appreciated.

Amit12

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Capaneo said:
Hi,

I applied from within Canada and got AOR on Mar 24th of 2014. Since then I have not heard ANYTHING from CIC. My online status just says "Application Recived". I applied for a Bridge Work Permit and even that is expiring now.

I tried calling CIC and no answer from anyone. Nobody picks up the phone. How can I find an update about my status? Should I just wait? Is it possible my medical has been lost in the mail?

What is also this GCMS you guys referring to?

Any help/comment would be really appreciated.

Call @ +1 888-242-2100 and chose option for PR... In the mean time apply for GCMS Notes to get informations on ur file bt it take 30 days to get the GCMS notes.

Details for requesting GCMS notes under Privacy act.

Important options to select are highlighted below in Red colour:

Link - https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en
OR
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/privacyTerms.do

1. Select the Category that better describe you? - Public
2. Select the Act under which you are submitting the request? - Privacy act
3. what type of information would like to request? - Electronic files

danny d

Oct 10, 2014
My friends anyone know, how long it takes for RCMP. I hv done 30th of Jan. they said once cic eill receve you will receive an email. But nthing untill today. So anyone knows hoe long it takes. For RCMP.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
danny d said:
My friends anyone know, how long it takes for RCMP. I hv done 30th of Jan. they said once cic eill receve you will receive an email. But nthing untill today. So anyone knows hoe long it takes. For RCMP.
Blue info above is wrong info .
CIC will not notify you automatically
So either email them and CIC can confirm about RCMP or order GCMS.
In my case I requested RCMP report at my address and received in 5-6 working days. and then I couriered that report to CIC.

Good Luck

tfcfan1

Jun 3, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-05-2014
AOR Received.
04-07-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
CEC_1304 said:
Blue info above is wrong info .
CIC will not notify you automatically
So either email them and CIC can confirm about RCMP or order GCMS.
In my case I requested RCMP report at my address and received in 5-6 working days. and then I couriered that report to CIC.

Good Luck
Hi, I send my RCMP check results to CIC, where can I email them to confirm if they have receive them?
Also, I renewed my passport since submitted my application. But later applied for a BOWP using the new passport. The old passport expired this week, should I send them a copy of the new one? or should I assume they already have it since I applied and was granted the BOWP using that one?

Not sure if relevant, but they already asked me to pay the PR fee and didn't has for additional documents.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can respond.