+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2013 Applications (Citizenship)

hanisaf

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
I called today, the agent said that my file hasn't been transferred yet. He also said that given the current processing times, I shouldn't call again until next year :eek:

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Next year is 2 months away :p

Haha but it's typical. In my case I know I shouldn't expect anything before May 2014. The agent said the same thing to me two weeks ago.

hanisaf

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Congratulations Aamir89

Aamir89 said:
Here is my timeline:

- Application received on April 03, 2013
- Study book was send on April 03, 2013 (Consider Delay) which I received on Mid of August I don't exactly remember the date.
- Start processing on June 18, 2013
- Citizenship Test letter was sent on October 2, 2013 and Citizenship test on October 21, 2013
- Letter received on November 4, 2013 saying that Oath Ceremony on November 25, 2013

I would to share my feeling. People have wrong concept that who have travel outside the country before applying to citizenship will get Residency Questionnaires. I totally disagree as I have traveled twice before applying my citizenship. I get married before citizenship.

Secondly some people have perception that CIC is targeting Asian community or Middle East which is totally wrong. CIC is doing their job and all the cases depend on the Office who is looking at your file.

My brother got Residency Questionnaires but I didn't.

Thanks
I know I will call again in two months :p

farrous13 said:
Next year is 2 months away :p

Haha but it's typical. In my case I know I shouldn't expect anything before May 2014. The agent said the same thing to me two weeks ago.

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aamir89: Congrats. your timeline is super-fast.

Aamir89 said:
Here is my timeline:

- Application received on April 03, 2013
- Study book was send on April 03, 2013 (Consider Delay) which I received on Mid of August I don't exactly remember the date.
- Start processing on June 18, 2013
- Citizenship Test letter was sent on October 2, 2013 and Citizenship test on October 21, 2013
- Letter received on November 4, 2013 saying that Oath Ceremony on November 25, 2013

I would to share my feeling. People have wrong concept that who have travel outside the country before applying to citizenship will get Residency Questionnaires. I totally disagree as I have traveled twice before applying my citizenship. I get married before citizenship.

Secondly some people have perception that CIC is targeting Asian community or Middle East which is totally wrong. CIC is doing their job and all the cases depend on the Office who is looking at your file.

My brother got Residency Questionnaires but I didn't.

Thanks

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If I knew about Windsor's processing time, I would definitely moved to Windsor before applying for Citizenship. :p

Aamir89 said:
W.S

My office is Windsor Ontario.

Thanks

hanisaf

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Yesterday the agent informed me that they are doing background verification before transferring the file to the local office. I am wondering though whether this verification is the bottleneck in the process. I remember from the days of the PR that the background check used to be the bottleneck. Any input on that?

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long does it take to do the background check? Did the agent say that YOUR file is being verified? or was it a general remark for applicants who applied in May?

hanisaf said:
Yesterday the agent informed me that they are doing background verification before transferring the file to the local office. I am wondering though whether this verification is the bottleneck in the process. I remember from the days of the PR that the background check used to be the bottleneck. Any input on that?

Randypandy

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chandu007 said:
May applicants: any update on your files?
Chandu007

We both are sailing on the same boat, I was on a trip out side canada and came back today and found in mail i got an RQ from Scarborough CIC office dated 15th of last month.

I have to complet the RQ form and send the required docs with in 45 busiessdays. I need to rush fast as i lost already 20 +days.

randy

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So your file was transferred from Sydney a while back. Your sure the RQ was from Scar.?
Get your papers together fast. Good luck!

Randypandy said:
Chandu007

We both are sailing on the same boat, I was on a trip out side canada and came back today and found in mail i got an RQ from Scarborough CIC office dated 15th of last month.

I have to complet the RQ form and send the required docs with in 45 busiessdays. I need to rush fast as i lost already 20 +days.

randy

Randypandy

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farrous13 said:
So your file was transferred from Sydney a while back. Your sure the RQ was from Scar.?
Get your papers together fast. Good luck!
Yes it was from Scarborough office (as they metioned in the letter) that i need to send the RQ to that address.

Randy