File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
I think the worst thing to do (that I keep doing constantly) is looking at the June thread and seeing the approvals and AORs coming in when nothing is happening here. I can't understand what system they are using and it worries me incase my application got lost or never made it there :(

AXH

Star Member
Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/ 06/2012
Doc's Request.
14/10/2012
AOR Received.
18 August 2012
File Transfer...
28 August 2012
Med's Request
May 05, 2012
Med's Done....
May 05, 2012
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
14/01/2013
LANDED..........
Before 05/05/2013
thomas_saint said:
I need an advise on the below,

My lawyer called my wife yesterday and asked whether she has paid the Permanent Resident Fee i.e is 490$ because while sending the AOR mail to him, the CIC has asked us to pay that fees.

My wife had paid the fees while submitting the application to CPC-M totally it came to 1090$ ( not sure the exact amount)... now the lawyer is telling that is okay dont need to send any copy of it to CIC..

But I feel since the CIC has asked to pay the PR fees , ideally we should send a copy of the receipt to confirm that we have already paid the fees with a covering letter..Am I right?

Am just wondering why the lawyer is telling like that...

Its been 20 days since we received our AOR and we didnt hear anything from CPC-ND...

Seniors please share your thoughts
Did you pay on-line or using the IMM 1405 form? for both system you have choosen, your wife might have send a copy ofthe reciepie when sending the file! if you don't send any coppy of the document proving that you have paid the fee, then i think you should send this copy to CIC.
If you pay using the finantial insitute you should send the second coppy of the form IMM 1405 t othe CIC.
the interent option is explained below (information from the guide 3900 Sponsor)
Instructions

Follow these step-by-step instructions to pay using the Internet.

Go to the CIC website.

Select Pay application fees in the I need to... section on the right hand side of the page.
Select Pay my fees on-line under related links.
Follow the on-line instructions.

At the end, click on the button to print the CIC official receipt with barcode.

Note. Do not exit without printing the receipt (page)!

Fill in the Payer Information Section by hand.

Attach the bottom portion (copy 2) of this receipt to your completed application.

Proof of payment

The receipt printed off of the Internet in step 2 of the instructions above will serve as your proof of payment.

Obtaining an original receipt form–Inside Canada

You may obtain an original receipt form (IMM 5401) by ordering through our website.

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
@Thamas_saint, I am advicing you that the statement they made in you AOR or approval letter is the same statement for everyone one. Basically, they said "if you have not make a payment for PPR do so or the VO will contact you at a later date to make the payment before a visa will be issued.

reetottal

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-5-2012
AOR Received.
5-7-2012
File Transfer...
10-7-2012
Med's Done....
2-4-2012
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
30-7-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28 sep 2012.. passport received on 8 oct
LANDED..........
landing on 19 oct
I got my ppr on 30 july 2012... Plz update on spreadsheet

RCVmini

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Victoria BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga, Visa Office - Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent 03 May, RETURNED 24 May.... filed again June 03 . Accpeted 5 July 2012
AOR Received.
06 July 2012
File Transfer...
10 July 2012
Med's Done....
06 July 2012
LANDED..........
soonest I hope
thomas_saint said:
I need an advise on the below,

My lawyer called my wife yesterday and asked whether she has paid the Permanent Resident Fee i.e is 490$ because while sending the AOR mail to him, the CIC has asked us to pay that fees.

My wife had paid the fees while submitting the application to CPC-M totally it came to 1090$ ( not sure the exact amount)... now the lawyer is telling that is okay dont need to send any copy of it to CIC..

But I feel since the CIC has asked to pay the PR fees , ideally we should send a copy of the receipt to confirm that we have already paid the fees with a covering letter..Am I right?

Am just wondering why the lawyer is telling like that...

Its been 20 days since we received our AOR and we didnt hear anything from CPC-ND...

Seniors please share your thoughts
Read the letter carefully - IF You have already paid it then you don't need to pay it again. I had paid mine and the letter said "IF I haven't" paid it they will contact me to pay it. So since I did I won't need to again.

Also if your lawyer asked you to send the money to him/her and NOT to CIC then he maybe taking you for a ride (trying to get more money out of you).

I did NOT USE LAWYER because you don't really need one for this process if you understand english and french well enough and your case is simple.
My mom had a friend tell her to get me an immigration lawyer/consultants in Vancouver and the interview went like this.

THEM "Hi we help you get your applicatin done and approved"

ME "how do you do that? do you fill my appication for me?"

THEM "Um... no but we check it for you"

ME "do you file it for me?"

THEM "No... but we help to make sure it gets sent it to the right place"

ME "so do you get it processed faster? do you have better connections at CIC? Can you track my application better?"

THEM "No but we can support you through the process and answer questions"

ME "how much do you charge?"

THEM "minium retainer is $2000"

ME "so let me get this right all you guys do is make sure I filled out my paperwork correctly but can't track or move the application along faster... is that right?"

THEM " um well there are many things we can help with"

ME " Ok thanks for answering my questions, I'll make a decision and let you know"

Lets just say I wasn't overly impressed.
At least the immigration consultants in Vietnam were honest. They deal directly with CIC singapore for TRVs and such. The conversation with them was simply that if I understood english and knew how to fill out the forms online I didn't really need to hire them. They were more for people in Vietnam who didn't know english and needed help applying for TRVs and student/business visas etc.

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Two approvals in June... It's getting more than ridiculous....

One of the reasons of choosing Canada as a place to live in is the reputation of being a just and fair country. First sample overly negative...

cuirous

Star Member
May 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/05/2012
Doc's Request.
16AUGUST
File Transfer...
25 JULY
Med's Request
Remedical request in march,2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013
Passport Req..
16TH AUGUST,In process since 16 september
VISA ISSUED...
??????
HI alll ..didnt hear form thm yet... filed on 2 may..
:(

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
LET'S GO MAY....LET'S GO MAY......LET'S GO MAY.....hang in there May applicants.....it's coming...you will hear this week...chin up and stay strong.....!!!! I know what you are going through....I was a Feb app......but believe me stay positive it is much easier then being negative.......you need to stay strong for your loved one!!!!!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
you will hear soon - last week they were working on the 30th of april, probably tomorrow the update will be for beginning of May - it seems like they have started by the end of May ( maybe from CIC Ottawa instead of Mississauga or something like this), but slowly they are getting at the beginning of May, so don't loose hope, it's around the corner...
Good luck,
Sweden

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
godgrace said:
HI
I just discovered this web site !! so helpful!!
i sent my application may 29th, received AOR july 19th
VO accra. my husband is in togo
when did cic rcv it?

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Some Manila applicants from Mid-May were just approved. I just realized I didn't include a fee for his non accompanying children so I paid it in a hurry but I may be screwed for awhile! I hope they don't send my application back.

alish

May 1, 2012
http://tinyurl.com/76xr8cz
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
08/09/2012
Med's Done....
01-03-2012
Passport Req..
02-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-11/12-2013
LANDED..........
LANDED!!!!!! 02/25/13
We are almost there :) stay positive May applicants :) we will all soon get those AORs :) :D

thomas_saint

Jun 15, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
AOR Received.
11-07-2012
IELTS Request
NA
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31/10/2012
LANDED..........
Destination Toronto.. will be flying this month end..
RCVmini said:
Read the letter carefully - IF You have already paid it then you don't need to pay it again. I had paid mine and the letter said "IF I haven't" paid it they will contact me to pay it. So since I did I won't need to again.

Also if your lawyer asked you to send the money to him/her and NOT to CIC then he maybe taking you for a ride (trying to get more money out of you).

I did NOT USE LAWYER because you don't really need one for this process if you understand english and french well enough and your case is simple.
My mom had a friend tell her to get me an immigration lawyer/consultants in Vancouver and the interview went like this.

THEM "Hi we help you get your applicatin done and approved"

ME "how do you do that? do you fill my appication for me?"

THEM "Um... no but we check it for you"

ME "do you file it for me?"

THEM "No... but we help to make sure it gets sent it to the right place"

ME "so do you get it processed faster? do you have better connections at CIC? Can you track my application better?"

THEM "No but we can support you through the process and answer questions"

ME "how much do you charge?"

THEM "minium retainer is $2000"

ME "so let me get this right all you guys do is make sure I filled out my paperwork correctly but can't track or move the application along faster... is that right?"

THEM " um well there are many things we can help with"

ME " Ok thanks for answering my questions, I'll make a decision and let you know"

Lets just say I wasn't overly impressed.
At least the immigration consultants in Vietnam were honest. They deal directly with CIC singapore for TRVs and such. The conversation with them was simply that if I understood english and knew how to fill out the forms online I didn't really need to hire them. They were more for people in Vietnam who didn't know english and needed help applying for TRVs and student/business visas etc.
Thanks RCVmini....

Actually our lawyer forgets many things which we tell him and later he comes to us asking for clarifications... my wife paid all the required fees as directed by the CIC website and gave it to the lawyer... crazy guy he and now he is checking whether we have submitted receipt..

My question is, Do I have to send a copy of fees paid receipt to the VO ND with a covering letter stating that we have paid already or will they have internal checks to look on the fee payments..

RCVmini

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Victoria BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga, Visa Office - Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent 03 May, RETURNED 24 May.... filed again June 03 . Accpeted 5 July 2012
AOR Received.
06 July 2012
File Transfer...
10 July 2012
Med's Done....
06 July 2012
LANDED..........
soonest I hope
thomas_saint said:
Thanks RCVmini....

Actually our lawyer forgets many things which we tell him and later he comes to us asking for clarifications... my wife paid all the required fees as directed by the CIC website and gave it to the lawyer... crazy guy he and now he is checking whether we have submitted receipt..

My question is, Do I have to send a copy of fees paid receipt to the VO ND with a covering letter stating that we have paid already or will they have internal checks to look on the fee payments..
If you are not sure just reprint the online recepit. When I paid I printed one out to send and one to keep for my records. The receipt number can also be used to track your file as well.

I know that they wanted the receipt at the top clearly visible on my package so that they know I paid.

If in doubt I'd send another one anyways or get a sworn statement from your Lawyer that he sent it. Then again if he is "forgeting many things" then I'd make sure and do it myself.

If they contacted you via email I'd email them back with the electronic copy of the receipt as an attachment and then let them know you've sent a hard copy by mail also.

thomas_saint

Jun 15, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
AOR Received.
11-07-2012
IELTS Request
NA
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31/10/2012
LANDED..........
Destination Toronto.. will be flying this month end..
RCVmini said:
If you are not sure just reprint the online recepit. When I paid I printed one out to send and one to keep for my records. The receipt number can also be used to track your file as well.

I know that they wanted the receipt at the top clearly visible on my package so that they know I paid.

If in doubt I'd send another one anyways or get a sworn statement from your Lawyer that he sent it. Then again if he is "forgeting many things" then I'd make sure and do it myself.

If they contacted you via email I'd email them back with the electronic copy of the receipt as an attachment and then let them know you've sent a hard copy by mail also.
yeah you are right.... thanks will do the same...