Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
bonitanita said:
Still no news! It's almost the end of the work day...
bonitanita...don't forget many AOR's get sent out in the evening...so there is still time....it's coming....hang in there a little longer!!!! ;)

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
This wait is killing me :(

my boyfriends leaving for canada next week and I'm stuck in the UK

Hurry up CIC!!!!

Pigey

Star Member
Nov 7, 2011
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2012
AOR Received.
16-07-2012
File Transfer...
23-07-2012
Med's Done....
23-02-2012
Interview........
Waived! WOOT!
Passport Req..
28-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
19-01-2013
dkera said:
What's even more troubling is that after these 3 months (a process that just 6 months ago only took 30days) I will wait another 10-12 months for Rome VO all the while unable to work. I have a couple of people willing to give me work and I just sit around looking at walls all day long...
That's the frustrating part for me, sitting at home unable to work.

I keep hoping the new barcoding will speed up the second part of the process. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Pigey

Star Member
Nov 7, 2011
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2012
AOR Received.
16-07-2012
File Transfer...
23-07-2012
Med's Done....
23-02-2012
Interview........
Waived! WOOT!
Passport Req..
28-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
19-01-2013
bonitanita said:
Still no news! It's almost the end of the work day...
Our email came around 630 pm mountain time... You have plenty of time left! :)

nole73

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2012
AOR Received.
Vienna AOR 26-09-2012; "In Process" 10-10-2012
File Transfer...
02-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
PPR & Police Certificate - 19-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
LANDED..........
10-12-2012
RCVmini said:
I would have to say that this whole process needs a review.

I wrote about it in another thread but still I will re-touch some of my points.

1) CIC needs to be more responsive and accountable. (There should be a way to enforce some better standards for processing such as my case where my first attempted package was returned for no vaild reason and I have no way to file a complaint about it)

2) Timelines need to come down as waiting 3 months for CPC mississauga then another upto 21 months for VO (singapore in my case) means a possible wait of 2 years. There is NO WAY this should be accepted as normal, esp since I PAY FEES for the 'privalge' of this service.

3) There should be a way for us to bring our spouses over DURING the application process.
My suggestion would be to sign an agreement that if the application is not approved the sponsored will leave without delay by the end date of the visa and appeal or reapply from outside Canada. They shoud also sign a bond agreeing to major sanctions if the terms are violated.

I think that would allow over 80% of the people here to be united with their spouse while waiting.

On top of this I have not been impressed with some of the dealings I've had through out this process. Things like staff and the embassy in Hanoi being on holidays at once with NO ONE able to assist Canadians during a busy travel season smacks of government-worker apathy over service. In fact the most helpful person there was the local Vietnamese employee they hire to do the grunt work and STILL charge $50 per page to 'certify' with a rubber stamp documents etc.
What also bothers me is that we are paying dearly for this whole thing and are suffering financially. Some people put their careers on hold. Others get anxiety attacks and can't function properly. Who is accountable for the fact that PR papers are issued sooner than the AOR's?

I'm deeply disappointed by the whole ordeal. Yes, there are few hours left today, but I won't be holding my breath... I am getting tired of waiting, checking my inbox and hoping for something to happen.

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
Pigey said:
That's the frustrating part for me, sitting at home unable to work.

I keep hoping the new barcoding will speed up the second part of the process. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
I hate not being able to work. I've been in Canada for a year now without a job. I miss not being able to support myself

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
bonitanita said:
I hate not being able to work. I've been in Canada for a year now without a job. I miss not being able to support myself
That is my dilemma, I wanted to accompany my boyfriend to canada and wait out the time there but the thought of not working while he worked every day and I don't even know that many people was awful. Especially since I am a recent graduate, I really need to keep working and building up my experience etc before I move out in order to be able to get a job once I get my PR.

I am just praying that we hear this week before he leaves so that at least something is happy! Then hopefully everything will move quickly (hearing about people getting PR in London in 2 months!) Fingers crossed we all hear by Friday at the latest :)

sariss

Jan 18, 2011
Collingwood Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2012
AOR Received.
August 22, 2012
File Transfer...
August 22, 2012
Med's Done....
April 4, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 10, 2012
LANDED..........
December 12, 2012
Does sponsor approval come in e-mail or regular mail?

I hate the waiting game. :( My hubby is here and we struggle financially trying to support both of us on my meager income sucks.

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
sponsor approval comes in both email and regular mail. In my case Ottawa sent approval email to my wife the principle applicant and they sent me a snail mail as the sponsor.

alish

May 1, 2012
http://tinyurl.com/76xr8cz
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
08/09/2012
Med's Done....
01-03-2012
Passport Req..
02-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-11/12-2013
LANDED..........
LANDED!!!!!! 02/25/13
NOTHINGGGGGGGG TODAYYYYYYY????????? :eek: :eek: :eek: :mad: :mad: :mad:
this is just so weird and frustrating... come on get April and May done with... we need to move forward in life... imagine the cic workers not getting paid ...would they be happy?? NO!! imgaine them working at the end of July but their last paycheck was end of April.. i dont think they would be happy... and thats how we all feel now... getting our approvals and AORS is like getting paid... a huge debt off our shoulders...

please oh please cic bring us some good news today...or at least by the end of this week maximum...we all deserve it we have been waiting impatiently!!!

good luck all
fingers crossed :)

saint4peace

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Taiwan
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 22, 2012
AOR Received.
July 14, 2012
File Transfer...
August 29, 2012
Passport Req..
November 20, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 30, 2013
LANDED..........
February 12, 2014
RCVmini:
I would have to say that this whole process needs a review.

I wrote about it in another thread but still I will re-touch some of my points.

1) CIC needs to be more responsive and accountable. (There should be a way to enforce some better standards for processing such as my case where my first attempted package was returned for no vaild reason and I have no way to file a complaint about it)

2) Timelines need to come down as waiting 3 months for CPC mississauga then another upto 21 months for VO (singapore in my case) means a possible wait of 2 years. There is NO WAY this should be accepted as normal, esp since I PAY FEES for the 'privalge' of this service.

3) There should be a way for us to bring our spouses over DURING the application process.
My suggestion would be to sign an agreement that if the application is not approved the sponsored will leave without delay by the end date of the visa and appeal or reapply from outside Canada. They shoud also sign a bond agreeing to major sanctions if the terms are violated.

I think that would allow over 80% of the people here to be united with their spouse while waiting.

On top of this I have not been impressed with some of the dealings I've had through out this process. Things like staff and the embassy in Hanoi being on holidays at once with NO ONE able to assist Canadians during a busy travel season smacks of government-worker apathy over service. In fact the most helpful person there was the local Vietnamese employee they hire to do the grunt work and STILL charge $50 per page to 'certify' with a rubber stamp documents etc.

** I can't agree with you more.....My application was sent early may and still nothing from Mississauga! What a lfe - I have now!

** Can't we write Minister Kenney about our Plight? Please think about it guys. Thanks..

godhelp

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
Dear Friends,

Please guide me as what u think. I today checked on e-status that the decision on my spouse application
has been made on July 26th and the letter was posted on July 26th. Its a little strange, as I sent the original
application on May 2nd to cic, mississauga, without Medicals (actually we got miscommunicated by DMP Agent) and I was very scared of application packet returning back. Then on June 27th, my wife did her Medicals and I sent photocopy of Medical with a covering letter to cic, mississauga. I am wondering how a decision is made. Also what does
the Decision Made means???

I would really appreciate ur thoughts and guidance. I have not received the letter yet.

with kind regards,
Godhelp

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Just got home and checked the mail - nothing today. :mad: It was a bad day at work, I had a client cancel last minute and a parent holding their 1 year old over me while allowing the child to interfere physically with my work :eek: Cars on the road were angry at my biking and I never had lunch :'( Then a client just called me and it turns out I forgot about them after they drove an hour.
I'm ok waiting here in Canada because I have a career and things to keep me busy. But for my partner it's horrible. The Philippines is like a prison for him - he cannot work overseas while waiting for his visa, he can't do anything he's trained to do there to earn money, and therefore I'm stuck in Canada working for the two of us. We decided that he would go to school while waiting to upgrade some skills and I think that was a really good idea. He's still extremely depressed but at least he's enjoying his studies and made some new friends. If I take a break in work to visit him, I might not make enough to cover all our expenses. I'm worried about this visa. We always had bad luck as a couple, I wish it would turn around for us :'(

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Steph C said:
Just got home and checked the mail - nothing today. :mad: It was a bad day at work, I had a client cancel last minute and a parent holding their 1 year old over me while allowing the child to interfere physically with my work :eek: Cars on the road were angry at my biking and I never had lunch :'(
I'm ok waiting here in Canada because I have a career and things to keep me busy. But for my partner it's horrible. The Philippines is like a prison for him - he cannot work overseas while waiting for his visa, he can't do anything he's trained to do there to earn money, and therefore I'm stuck in Canada working for the two of us. We decided that he would go to school while waiting to upgrade some skills and I think that was a really good idea. He's still extremely depressed but at least he's enjoying his studies and made some new friends. If I take a break in work to visit him, I might not make enough to cover all our expenses. I'm worried about this visa. We always had bad luck as a couple, I wish it would turn around for us :'(
I hope you get some good news tmrw!!!

At least you're working. As of two weeks ago... neither of us is working. Our situation is the worst. I'm ill with the flu. It is 30 degrees outside but all the stress has made me sick. :(

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
godhelp said:
Dear Friends,

Please guide me as what u think. I today checked on e-status that the decision on my spouse application
has been made on July 26th and the letter was posted on July 26th. Its a little strange, as I sent the original
application on May 2nd to cic, mississauga, without Medicals (actually we got miscommunicated by DMP Agent) and I was very scared of application packet returning back. Then on June 27th, my wife did her Medicals and I sent photocopy of Medical with a covering letter to cic, mississauga. I am wondering how a decision is made. Also what does
the Decision Made means???

I would really appreciate ur thoughts and guidance. I have not received the letter yet.

with kind regards,
Godhelp
Sounds like an approval to me.

I wouldn't worry if I were you.... you've had contact. That's more than what most of us can say.