waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
19-Sep-2012 (rec. 27-Sep-2012)
LANDED..........
09-Nov-2012
chopsticks said:
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.
I guess I am just over thinking it and getting paranoid about it.
I hope you are right :)
ya i totally understand, we all get and got too worried over ecase, cause the frustration level is high and the waiting and all doesnt let us stay calm over things and we overanalyse too much. But try to relax as far you can, dont give ecase too much thought. They received the application, you know its there and they will work on it, just distract yourself for the wait. Only if it all takes unreasonably too long for all, you can start to worry. If they dont ask for anything or request anything in a normal timeframe its a good sign too.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Well I am truly shocked. As of October 9th ECAS has updated from sponsorship "in process" to "decision made". A letter is being sent to me. Do these come registered? I leave for the Philippines in about 14 hours.
does "decision made" mean approved or can I expect more hoops to jump through?

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
CanadianJeepGuy said:
Well I am truly shocked. As of October 9th ECAS has updated from sponsorship "in process" to "decision made". A letter is being sent to me. Do these come registered? I leave for the Philippines in about 14 hours.

Hey,

Congrats I am so happy for you and a little bit of justice served. Hope your 2nd stage is just as quick. You deserve it!!! As far as I am aware, it means approved. If they required something else they would have contacted you. Congrats again. Nice to see positive news :D

Not sure they come registered. When my wife received her letter, she was staying with her parents and never got back to the letter for several days. it was just posted in her post box. So I assume it is just sent out as regular mail via Canada post. :D

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
CanadianJeepGuy said:
pretty sure CJG that means you have been approved as sponsor and it's on to stage two for you!!!! great timing seeing as you are leaving!!! make sure someone collects your mail for you while you are gone and keep that letter nice and safe! :D

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
KJG said:
pretty sure CJG that means you have been approved as sponsor and it's on to stage two for you!!!! great timing seeing as you are leaving!!! make sure someone collects your mail for you while you are gone and keep that letter nice and safe! :D
Cheers.
My parents will be making a daily vigil to my place to pick up mail. I think I will also visit the embassy in Manila while I am there and see if they have received the second part; find out what their processing times are like etc. Much better to do that in person. They were very helpful last time I was there investigating the whole application thing.
Thanks again for everyone's help over these last 5 stressful months.

Tipha

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna (principle applicant)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-May-2012 (rec. 22-May-2012)
AOR Received.
27-August-2012 Vienna
File Transfer...
12-July-2012
Med's Done....
02-March-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
19-Sep-2012 (rec. 27-Sep-2012)
LANDED..........
09-Nov-2012
CanadianJeepGuy said:
Cheers.
My parents will be making a daily vigil to my place to pick up mail. I think I will also visit the embassy in Manila while I am there and see if they have received the second part; find out what their processing times are like etc. Much better to do that in person. They were very helpful last time I was there investigating the whole application thing.
Congrats!!! Glad they have done this fast, without letting you wait again for so long

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
lehaju said:
I still haven't gotten sponsorship approval either. Funny though, that my papers are in London which I've heard, means that I've been approved to sponsor. I didn't get an aknowledgement of receipt either, or the approval of sponsorship. I've only received a letter stating I forgot to sign one of the papers and with that letter I got my UCI. Ecas states application received. I did, however send them email asking if everything is ok and they responded saying the papers are in London and everything is going normally.
When did you send in your application?

AnaMaria

May 2, 2012
New Westminster, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012!
CanadianJeepGuy said:
Cheers.
Congrats! Please keep us in the loop if you get any news from Manila VO. I am anxious to know anything. It's been so quiet for me.

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
Cheers.
Congrats. Do you have a date so I can update the spreadsheet?

The letter will come in regular mail, unregistered. :)

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
bonitanita said:
Congrats. Do you have a date so I can update the spreadsheet?

The letter will come in regular mail, unregistered. :)
Ok so thats about 5 days regular post. Should be there around thursday. I'm now in Nagoya Japan waiting to board for Manila. Whatever news I can get from Manila VO I will pass on.

chopsticks

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
November 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012 (extended until Feb, 2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 13, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
Hey everyone :)
My file of spouse sponsorship has been in the London visa office since July 17 2012.
My husband and I have a month of holidays coming up in December 2012.
We are thinking if he applies for visitors visa to Canada and comes visits me during the holidays it would be great.
I am not sure if he should or should not apply for it.
Could it get rejected and cause problems in our immigration process? or they ask for his passport while he is here?
What do you all suggest we do, will really appreciate any input I can get.
Thanks guys :)

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
chopsticks said:
Hey everyone :)
My file of spouse sponsorship has been in the London visa office since July 17 2012.
My husband and I have a month of holidays coming up in December 2012.
We are thinking if he applies for visitors visa to Canada and comes visits me during the holidays it would be great.
I am not sure if he should or should not apply for it.
Could it get rejected and cause problems in our immigration process? or they ask for his passport while he is here?
What do you all suggest we do, will really appreciate any input I can get.
Thanks guys :)
Hey,

Your file has been with London quite a while now, it is quite possible (according to our spreadsheet) that you will have your COPR by that point. If however you do not receive it by then, you do realise that UK citizens are visa exempt, infact most of the EU are visa exempt which would mean no need to apply for a visitors visa. However if he does decide to visit you over xmas then it is possible that you could be turned away at the border but improbable. Demonstrating ties to home country i.e job, car, mortgage and family would highly help you. If he is a UK citizen passport is not requested during the sponsorship process.

I personally visited my spouse over the summer and had no troubles with border control. I explained I had PR in process (I suspect border officials already have these details on their computer) and he ushered me through and said have a nice visit. I suspect the same would apply for yourself. If he is not a UK or EU citizen then it may be a little more difficult to obtain a visitors visa, I would however still apply if that is what you both want.

If you look under my signature you will see links to the London spreadsheet, where you can gauge where your application maybe at. If your application was received by London July 17th, I would expect to hear something by end of October/ mid November.

Good luck :D

chopsticks

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
November 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012 (extended until Feb, 2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 13, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
R151NG5UN said:
Hey,

Your file has been with London quite a while now, it is quite possible (according to our spreadsheet) that you will have your COPR by that point. If however you do not receive it by then, you do realise that UK citizens are visa exempt, infact most of the EU are visa exempt which would mean no need to apply for a visitors visa. However if he does decide to visit you over xmas then it is possible that you could be turned away at the border but improbable. Demonstrating ties to home country i.e job, car, mortgage and family would highly help you. If he is a UK citizen passport is not requested during the sponsorship process.

I personally visited my spouse over the summer and had no troubles with border control. I explained I had PR in process (I suspect border officials already have these details on their computer) and he ushered me through and said have a nice visit. I suspect the same would apply for yourself. If he is not a UK or EU citizen then it may be a little more difficult to obtain a visitors visa, I would however still apply if that is what you both want.

If you look under my signature you will see links to the London spreadsheet, where you can gauge where your application maybe at. If your application was received by London July 17th, I would expect to hear something by end of October/ mid November.

Good luck :D
Thank you so much for your reply, really helped me :)
My husband lives in the EU, but he is not a citizen of the EU so he does need a visitors visa.
We are debating whether he should apply for it or not. Can they prolong the PR process if he gets rejected for visitors visa?
I did take a look at the spreadsheets, they were really helpful thanks :)
I guess we should wait until November to see where our process is at.

Good luck to you as well :D

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
chopsticks said:
Thank you so much for your reply, really helped me :)
My husband lives in the EU, but he is not a citizen of the EU so he does need a visitors visa.
We are debating whether he should apply for it or not. Can they prolong the PR process if he gets rejected for visitors visa?
I did take a look at the spreadsheets, they were really helpful thanks :)
I guess we should wait until November to see where our process is at.

Good luck to you as well :D
Hey,

Ok now I see where you are coming from, easier to answer a little more accurately. If he is going through London but he is a citizen of another country the PR process may take a little longer. Purely because London has to liaise with his country of citizenship during background checks. I think there are a couple of applicants on that spreadsheet who went through London but are not UK/ EU citizens and their times have been a little longer but fingers crossed any delays will be minimal.

As for your question on whether applying for a visitors visa will prolong your PR application, I am pretty sure that applying for a visitors visa will not affect your PR application one bit, it won't delay it or do the application any harm. However the visitors visa will be judged on the basis that you have an outstanding PR application in process, what I mean is, the VO has to be convinced that your husband wont just overstay if he does visit, if applying for a visitors visa, demonstrate as many ties as possible back to his home country i.e. Job, car, mortgage, investments, family and that he is self sufficient whilst in Canada.

Hope that helps and good luck :D